EA Swtor Deception or not?

Mithersonian

Hi all,

Heard (read) a lot of people complaining in game about not having early access to Knights of the Fallen Empire.

It does state on http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

that if you subscribe as follows between dates :- AUG 10 - OCT 19

Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

but what they cleverly did was to not put into too much detail that you have to be subbed on all the dates as in the new link here :-

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

and is as follows :-

Game Update 4.0: Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access

Knights of the Fallen Empire*

*Knights of the Fallen Empire content is only available to players who are eligible for the four Knights of the Fallen Empire subscriber rewards by having been a subscriber on August 10th, August 31st, September 30th, and October 19th, 2015. All other subscribers will be able to access the content on October 27th, 2015.

which was only posted today.

Was this a crafty move by Electronic Arts and Bioware by not putting correct information so they get free to play and preferred players to subscribe

Who knows or who even cares, I can answer that, EA $$

Edited by Mithersonian

Deception? I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to argue both sides. I do have to admit that I subscribed within that window after taking some time off for a move, but I did expect Early Access. Edited by MajorGen
Mistype

Deception? I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to argue both sides. I do have to admit that I subscribed within that window after taking some time off for a move, but I did expect Early Access.

this i subed on the 26th of aujust thinking i would get EA per the wording as well its called a bait and switch is what they did, they made it so it made people think they got EA when they was only getting it if they had it for all; dates.

it makes me glad that not only I saw this as a scam. I have called the support hot line today in the spirit of , maybe they have had a bug. So speed forward 47 minutes on hold to only be told sorry you will not get the early access but thank you for the 45$ subscription and f%@#$ off.

While i was trying to get an explanation the support tech just hung up ...

i am very disappointed in EA , in that they are ready to loose faithful patrons rather then provide the service they should.

I wonder how the DEVS feel about this? I really hope that they will address this, or i am surely going to pull a plug on not only SWTOR but all other EA stamped game in general.

i have not felt this crappy about something i enjoy in a while, and i will demand my subscription money back if this doesn't get resolved.

i call on us all to take this to EA and demand from them to deliver on their promises as they should. And to remind them that WE are who they are depending on to make money. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

this i subed on the 26th of aujust thinking i would get EA per the wording as well its called a bait and switch is what they did, they made it so it made people think they got EA when they was only getting it if they had it for all; dates.

I'm not a lawyer, but even I know that's not a bait and switch.

It would be a bait and switch if they posted: subscribe today and get 1,000,000,000 credits! And then told you that they were out of credits.

Confusing fine print DOES NOT EQUAL a bait and switch, that's a very specific term.

Hi all,

Heard (read) a lot of people complaining in game about not having early access to Knights of the Fallen Empire.

It does state on http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

that if you subscribe as follows between dates :- AUG 10 - OCT 19

Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

but what they cleverly did was to not put into too much detail that you have to be subbed on all the dates as in the new link here :-

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

and is as follows :-

Game Update 4.0: Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access

Knights of the Fallen Empire*

*Knights of the Fallen Empire content is only available to players who are eligible for the four Knights of the Fallen Empire subscriber rewards by having been a subscriber on August 10th, August 31st, September 30th, and October 19th, 2015. All other subscribers will be able to access the content on October 27th, 2015.

which was only posted today.

Was this a crafty move by Electronic Arts and Bioware by not putting correct information so they get free to play and preferred players to subscribe

Who knows or who even cares, I can answer that, EA $$

Well, If you read the Terms and Conditions at the same page you linked to http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

"To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015."

It clearly says that you need to be subscribed during the whole time between the 10th August to 20th October. Because if you weren't you wouldnt get the rewards, and by not getting the rewards, you will not get early access.

But it might just be me reading the Terms.

And to be honest, I was late to subscribe, so Ill have to wait untill the 27th.

Here's the part that torques me off...

Subscribe Date 1 = $15

Subscribe Date 2 = $15

Subscribe Date 3 = $15

Subscribe Date 4 = $15

So, if you Subscribe all four dates, you paid $60 for Early Access to a game that's Free a week later. But if you missed one date, like myself due to Disability Payment being delayed a couple days and resubscribing afterwards, then you paid $60 for JACK ****.

No, the OP is right... EA played the "They don't read the fine print game, so we can ambiguously make promises and nobody will notice".

Every other Expansion, Early Access, and Reward given was simple... "Be subscribed before X date". There was no "Be subscribed for THREE ENTIRE MONTHS" in order to get something until this expansion.

Well, If you read the Terms and Conditions at the same page you linked to http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

"To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015."

It clearly says that you need to be subscribed during the whole time between the 10th August to 20th October. Because if you weren't you wouldnt get the rewards, and by not getting the rewards, you will not get early access.

But it might just be me reading the Terms.

And to be honest, I was late to subscribe, so Ill have to wait untill the 27th.

Hi,

I too missed the small print of the Terms & conditions as I was blinded by the Early Access in big writing of the main headline like so many others that I read about in General chat online. If you subscribe between Aug 10th - Oct 19th you will get early access, they could of said there and then only if you subscribed to the earlier dates, but they didn't which was the deception that they threw over a few thousand people.

Early Access

AUG 10 - OCT 19

Electronic arts / Bioware know to well that one single person is not going to make a small claims court against them about this so they were not scared of pulling the wool over the eyes.

How many of you read terms & conditions every day for simple things in life worth a few dollars, euros or pounds, its not as if your buying a car on finance or getting a mortgage for your home, you at best hope your not going to be cheated.

Well i just demanded my refund of subscription for further dates , as i had purchased the next 60 days in anticipation to this expansion.

I hope more swtor fans boycott EA in this way, maybe now they will see the error in deceiving their subscribers:ph_thank_you:!!!

it was a deception as well for me by EA. they should honor what they said in the ad and not the terms which you need a magnify glass to read. at least it gives me some time to level the rest of my toons to 60 and get the class missions done. Edited by arfifteen

they should honor what they said in the ad and not the terms which you need a magnify glass to read.

If you think you need a magnifying glass to read it, then you need glasses. The font is actually quite large and easy to read. That or more likely you've never bothered to even look at it.

I have been a subscriber since it was available with a few late payments. I have never missed an In game item even if I was a bit late. However, this time I missed out completely, due to not having the funds on my debit card.

So apparently the 4 years of subscription counts for less than someone that just subbed in for the last four months.

I just unsubbed and will wait for BattleFront.

Edited by Cyyytte