How to level in WZ 10-50?

kenoten

Before SWTOR, friends and I would commonly level in other games like AoC,WH, and WoW through mostly PVP with an occasional dip into instances for that awesome piece of gear that is Best in slot for that level on your class.

Is doing something like this possible with SWTOR? Would I be missing out on too much gear if we just crafted stuff from our mains and just did class quests? Is the leveling super slow in WZ only? What do you guys think?

Yeah its possible to level just through warzones, I usually stay on the fleet to get rested xp and run warzones until I am sick of them (I cant stand lowbies) then run some class missions when I get bored. I am also terribly slow at leveling and have only recently gotten my 2nd 50 after over a year spent in this game.

Yes perfectly viable. You can level via pvp and flashpoints. If you have legacy pick up the respective experience boosts. Also buy boosts from gtn. Flashpoint ones are cheap. Warzone and general experience are expensive. Better to do flashpoints in the entry level for more xp. Flashpoints pops are quicker if you are a healer or a tank. Field respec helps there.

EDIT: You can buy gear with your coms from the pvp vendor so you are not missing anything gear wise. Also flashpoints give you gear.

Edited by MusicRider

EDIT: You can buy gear with your coms from the pvp vendor so you are not missing anything gear wise. Also flashpoints give you gear.

Yeah you can get gear but don't go nuts with it. The best thing about leveling via PvP is that you reach valor 40 when you hit level 40 so you can start trading in your regular coms into ranked so you are maxed when you ding 50.

I'm trying to do this now, and I find it hard to keep geared. The options I know of for gear are these: Get if from PvE monster drops, get it from PvE mission rewards, take the PvE comm rewards and buy it that way, buy the sub-50 "pvp" gear using PvP comms, buy it from GTN, pass it down from your own higher level toons ( or I suppose get some other nice person on the fleet to give it to you. :) )

I haven't been using a higher level toon, but I think I'm going to have to. For everything except the weapons, the PvP gear from coms only comes in lvl 20 and lvl 40 flavors, which would leave you a severely undergeared lvl 39 if that's all you did. And I find that I don't make enough credits from strickly PvP matches to be able to afford to keep geared off of GTN.

But maybe I'm missing something.

leveling just in WZ is possible, but staying in right mind after 5 WZ in a row in lowbies isn't... usually if I do more then 3 in a row I want to put my fist thro my monitor. But yeah, if it's an alt, gathering rested exp while doing 1-2 WZ a day is a valid way to progress.

roll a sniper and do this

when the shtf in lowbie wz's a sniper can still pewpew all day long even with the derp factor

most other classes i have tried to level exclusively in wz's run their heads into brick walls more often than not

(my lowbie healers definitely need their mouths washed out with soap from the diatribes launched in lowbie ops chat)

if you plan to do this though you had better have access to a couple million credits to be able to deck out your toon in the freshest purples every 5 levels or so