Hello

poopnolan

Glad to finally have a chance to play this, loved Kotor 1, especially 2. See you guys sever side!

Enjoy new player.

It's a great leveling game with some really good stories. The end game is going to be great for you as well. You'll have a number of flash point, hard mode flashpoints and operations (raids) to run once your max level.

You'll have a blast for the next while at least.

You can worry about all the problems the game has later. Enjoy while you can.

Welcome, new player. I have a few tips to make your gaming experience better.

1. Don't get invested in your first character. Heck, don't get invested in your tenth character. Your first dozen or so characters are for you to learn the game's mechanics, rules, class mechanics, your playstyle, etc. You are going to make a LOT of mistakes in specialization choices before you find something that works for you, so don't be afraid to delete a character you don't like. This also means you shouldn't spend cartel coins in a character that you aren't going to keep either. Until you find a playstyle that works for you, don't get invested into a character.

2. Read the manuals and in game codexes. I've seen a LOT of questions that other players get frustrated with that could be avoided by just reading the in game codexes and manuals on the website. For example, if you want to know what gathering skills go with a crafting skill, read the crafting skill's codex. It tells you. And you can find ALL the crew skills, both crafting and gathering, on the fleet for ease of access.

3. Do NOT press Alt+f4. That is a Windows code for "kill program", and your game will be be closed down. Don't fall for this.

4. Moddable gear is available to both f2p and subscribers. Use it. You can tell moddable gear by the orange border around the item, and your planetary commendation medals are there for a reason, and can be used on any planet. So just because the upgrades on one planet are below your level doesn't mean commendations can't be used on another planet. Also, despite what the in game codex says, you can mod your gear on the fly. Hover over the item, and if it's moddable, it will show you what you need to press to mod it.

5. While there is nothing wrong with grouping up with your friends to complete a quest, if you are having trouble with a story mission, you are underleveled and undergeared. Go back, upgrade your gear (preferably with better mods), grind out a level or two, and come back. If you're at level, the fight will be tough, but winnable. If you're overleveled, it will be easy. Story missions are designed to be soloed, so if you can't survive a story mission for your class, you won't survive later. Trust me, I found this out the hard way when I was still f2p.

6. The GTN is your friend. If you've got enough credits, you can get some good gear off the GTN. Heck, you can get mounts that upgrade with your speeder skill, saving you a lot of credits in the long run! I have bought both the upgradable speeders and modable gear that I will like looking at for the rest of the game. It is an awesome thing in the game, and people normally put things on there at reasonable prices.

7. Don't be afraid to mix and match your mods. On all my characters, I put DPS focused mods, that focus on my damage stat, in my weapons, and endurance focused mods in my armor. It increases survivability and doesn't hurt my ability to do damage.

8. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure you look for it first. If you're not asking a question that can't be easily referenced, experienced players won't treat you like you're a moron. Things like "Which specialization fits my playstyle?" are things that people will happily help you with. "How do I use the map?" Will get you derision, but it's still a good question, because IRL, learning to read maps is becoming a lost art. "I'm new to MMOs, what does this mean?" is another good question to ask. People will help you. Just learn to sort out the real advice from the trolls, and you'll be fine.

9. Most importantly, have fun. Do what makes you happy in the game. None of these tips matter if you're not having fun.

Glad to finally have a chance to play this, loved Kotor 1, especially 2. See you guys sever side!

Welcome!

If you are a big KOTOR fan, be sure to play through the following Flashpoints:

• On Republic Side: Taral V and Maelstrom Prison.

• On Empire Side: Boarding Party and Foundry.

Also on the Empire side, check out the Revanites quest on Dromund Kaas.

Welcome!

Speaking of the Foundry... *SPOILERS*

Is Revan alive? It looked as if he teleported out of The Foundry.

Speaking of the Foundry... *SPOILERS*

Is Revan alive? It looked as if he teleported out of The Foundry.

IMO,

he is, we do not see the corpse, and he seems to use some sort of force technique (some extreme variation of Phase Walk, maybe) to get himself out, presumably on some Republic ship that escaped...

Welcome! Here's some free advice for a newbie like you!

1. Don't believe everything you read on the forums. The game is not dying, the devs are not out to get your wallet, etc. Those are just the ramblings of Negative Nancies and Whiny Willies who, despite saying they hate this game with unbridled disdain, can't seem to bring themselves to leave the forums and game. Ignore them and judge the game for yourself.

2. Playing this game is not a requirement. If you are unhappy, you are free to leave. It doesn't make you less of a Star Wars fan if you don't play. You shouldn't have to be unhappy to be part of a fandom.

3. If someone has a different opinion than your own, it doesn't make it a troll. People can have varying opinions on things. You need to learn to accept it and move on. Unless that opinion is "Uwe Boll should direct the Star Wars films." That is a bad opinion and any person who agrees with that is a terrible person and they need to leave and never come back.

4. Yes, it's okay to make jokes on the internet. It's only trolling if you joke to get a rise out of someone.

5. I am Darth Moonshadow and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel.

Welcome!

Hey new player

If you play those Empire flashpoints you will wish you never played this game, from a lore standpoint and canon standpoint they are nothing but pure garbage storywise.To put it this way, they are the most hated storyparts of this game by most if not all kotor fans. Drew Karpyshyn who made Revan rolls over in his grave when he thinks about what they did to Revan in this game and the guy aint dead yet !

Warning

Revan is a weak midd lvl flashpoint npc you can kill like a punk in 2 minutes.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Another piece of advice:

Ignore most of what anyone says about how easy/hard something is. A lot of people only ran through a particular class's story after already having a few other characters at max level. Though you don't need to worry about the details yet, having other characters at max level gives you the opportunity to have your companion characters be much stronger than they would be if you were playing through for the first time. In other words, a lot of people have experienced a lot of quests with them literally being much easier than they will be for you on your first character or three, and so those players will scream about how all class quests are absurdly easy and anyone who has difficulties is a noob. Be ready to ignore such people. Unfortunately, general chat is full of trolls and other rude people (in some locations much more than others...*cough* The Fleet *cough*), so don't take any of the things they say personally. The unpleasant portion of the community happens to be the more vocal, but there are a good number of helpful people out there, I promise.

IMO,

he is, we do not see the corpse, and he seems to use some sort of force technique (some extreme variation of Phase Walk, maybe) to get himself out, presumably on some Republic ship that escaped...

The fact that he says the following before disappearing means a lot ( I don't remember the exact words so bear with me): Now in the end as darkness consumes me I know how you felt my friend. He is referencing how Darth Malak died when Malak said: "And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing."

It is reasonable to assume he died the same way Obi Wan died, he became one with the Force.

Edited by znihilist

Hey new player

If you play those Empire flashpoints you will wish you never played this game, from a lore standpoint and canon standpoint they are nothing but pure garbage storywise.To put it this way, they are the most hated storyparts of this game by most if not all kotor fans. Drew Karpyshyn who made Revan rolls over in his grave when he thinks about what they did to Revan in this game and the guy aint dead yet !

Warning

You do realize that at the time of this flashpoint,

Revan has been through 300 years of having his mind sundered by Emperor, who fed of his power, right? I mean, that has to leave some mark on the guy... Plus, I really doubt that anyone could beat four other "legends" (which your characters are, you are not some random schmuck, you are Han Solo, Obi-wan, Revan, etc of your time)

Imo, they did not kill this character like some other random punk, I there is still option of him resurfacing at later time, which would be awesome, as i drew much inspiration for how I molded my character's personality from him...

Welcome, new player. I have a few tips to make your gaming experience better.

1. Don't get invested in your first character. Heck, don't get invested in your tenth character. Your first dozen or so characters are for you to learn the game's mechanics, rules, class mechanics, your playstyle, etc. You are going to make a LOT of mistakes in specialization choices before you find something that works for you, so don't be afraid to delete a character you don't like. This also means you shouldn't spend cartel coins in a character that you aren't going to keep either. Until you find a playstyle that works for you, don't get invested into a character.

2. Read the manuals and in game codexes. I've seen a LOT of questions that other players get frustrated with that could be avoided by just reading the in game codexes and manuals on the website. For example, if you want to know what gathering skills go with a crafting skill, read the crafting skill's codex. It tells you. And you can find ALL the crew skills, both crafting and gathering, on the fleet for ease of access.

3. Do NOT press Alt+f4. That is a Windows code for "kill program", and your game will be be closed down. Don't fall for this.

4. Moddable gear is available to both f2p and subscribers. Use it. You can tell moddable gear by the orange border around the item, and your planetary commendation medals are there for a reason, and can be used on any planet. So just because the upgrades on one planet are below your level doesn't mean commendations can't be used on another planet. Also, despite what the in game codex says, you can mod your gear on the fly. Hover over the item, and if it's moddable, it will show you what you need to press to mod it.

5. While there is nothing wrong with grouping up with your friends to complete a quest, if you are having trouble with a story mission, you are underleveled and undergeared. Go back, upgrade your gear (preferably with better mods), grind out a level or two, and come back. If you're at level, the fight will be tough, but winnable. If you're overleveled, it will be easy. Story missions are designed to be soloed, so if you can't survive a story mission for your class, you won't survive later. Trust me, I found this out the hard way when I was still f2p.

6. The GTN is your friend. If you've got enough credits, you can get some good gear off the GTN. Heck, you can get mounts that upgrade with your speeder skill, saving you a lot of credits in the long run! I have bought both the upgradable speeders and modable gear that I will like looking at for the rest of the game. It is an awesome thing in the game, and people normally put things on there at reasonable prices.

7. Don't be afraid to mix and match your mods. On all my characters, I put DPS focused mods, that focus on my damage stat, in my weapons, and endurance focused mods in my armor. It increases survivability and doesn't hurt my ability to do damage.

8. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure you look for it first. If you're not asking a question that can't be easily referenced, experienced players won't treat you like you're a moron. Things like "Which specialization fits my playstyle?" are things that people will happily help you with. "How do I use the map?" Will get you derision, but it's still a good question, because IRL, learning to read maps is becoming a lost art. "I'm new to MMOs, what does this mean?" is another good question to ask. People will help you. Just learn to sort out the real advice from the trolls, and you'll be fine.

9. Most importantly, have fun. Do what makes you happy in the game. None of these tips matter if you're not having fun.

^ This post should be stickied!

Welcome new player.

Play this game casually. There is no hardcore content. Each class story is different, but everyone has the same story and has no affect on your character end game. After reaching level 50 or 55, there is very little to do, you'll be done with all the content in less than a week.

Thanks, have fun!

Edited by Vassise

Hey new player

Warning

The only punk around here is you, and the garbage I'm seeing is coming out of your mouth. Having played both KoTOR games, I can say that it was pleasing to see a couple of the PCs from those games show up in this one. Others agree. It's fun to be in a group with someone who's playing through for the first time, and see how happy they are at the end of Taral V.

Edited by translucentwolf

The only punk around here is you, and the garbage I'm seeing is coming out of your mouth. Having played both KoTOR games, I can say that it was pleasing to see a couple of the PCs from those games show up in this one. Others agree. It's fun to be in a group with someone who's playing through for the first time, and see how happy they are at the end of Taral V.

He isn't talking about the end of Taral V, he is talking about the ending of The Foundry(Which many people aren't happy about)