Rate SWTOR out of 10.

Papazooki

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/10

as a person who loves to make and level alts i find the replay value to be really low, not a lot of options on quests so they get pretty mind-numbing after awhile.

Can't say I disagree with this. This game does indeed have little replay value. I realllyy don't want to level a republic alt all over again.. coruscant makes me want to vomit.

I hope they add more planets in the future.. so you have somewhat of a choice where you want to level.

For me, 7/10.

But as a game, 8/10.

I enjoyed it a lot, and i like how the combat feels (complain all you want haters i liked it) but i just cant see myself keep playing, maybe its because im moving away from MMOs, im not sure.

8.0 for me.

Pros:

Amazing and unique class stories.

Fully Voiced.

Solid although kinky combat system.

Beautifully designed worlds (DESIGN, not graphics).

The most replay-ability of any MMO that I've ever encountered.

Crafting WHILE you do whatever you want is epic.

Space combat is a fun diversion.

PvP is fun.

Massive amounts of content for a newly released MMO.

Codex when working is pretty sweet.

STAR WARZZZZZZ

Side quests are very entertaining the first time through.

Flashpoints have some pretty sweat story, which is odd for group activities in MMO, never really happens for some reason.

Most mid level armors (25-49) are pretty sick.

Companions that are interesting and add a new layer to the game.

From the sands of Tatooine to the snows of Hoth, the serene and tranquil beauty of Alderaan to the busy city moon of Nar Shadda, the planets are pretty amazing.

Cons:

Classes imbalanced.

PvP needs more warzones (Huttball was fun, the first couple hundred times straight that I had to do it >:o).

Faction imbalances.

Kinky combat.

Some features don't work as they should, or at all.

Space combat is a diversion and not a full fledged mechanic (not so much a downside, more of a missed opportunity).

A good number of bugs.

Sub-par endgame (which is to be expected in any new MMO, but it's still a con).

Outdated graphics.

Side quests not so entertaining the 2nd time through.

Most level 50 PvP and PvE equipment sets look pretty horrible.

That may seem like a lot of cons, but they really are small cons compared to the epicness of each pro.

This game has so, SO much potential. It has major weaknesses in PvP and Endgame, once it overcomes those and upgrades some of it's current mechanics that aren't that great but have super potential (Crafting becoming more useful, Space Combat becoming a full fledged game mechanic) then this game will easily be worth a 9 in my book, which is really high, I'm a rather harsh critic.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

I'd give it a six of ten. I was hoping for some kind of endgame beyond "chase the tokens, upgrade your gear", (speaking as a person who hasn't reached endgame yet but is dreading it). Speaking of gear, most of the endgame stuff looks like it was vomited forth from the most delirious imaginings of the most demented hobo on earth; most of it is just plain horrible. The class storylines are engaging as are some of the other missions, but most of it's just filler as of yet. The linearity doesn't bother me; I appreciate story-driven MMO's as much as sandbox style, I just expect a bit more payoff for the linearity than what I've seen here, so far. Lots of other things bother me about this game too, but it's just good enough that I'm going to give it a few months and see what happens.

A poll would have been nice ;)

I just rate it like in amazon:

There I got (2,7)3/5 stars and that will be roughly 5,4 / 10

Really good meant 6 / 10.

Too much wasted budget in things like dialogues, the world is very boring, the pvp is horroful and the end-content is missing.

Lot of potential has been blown, but my hope remains. But I think the broken planet/world cannot be fixed anymore...

The worst mark I gave the not existing support.

If you are interested, here the rating from amazon ( without description of each points ):

• Graphics: 3,5 / 5
  • Sound: 4,5 / 5
  • World: 2,5 / 5
  • Classes: 3 / 5
  • Races: 1 / 5
  • PvE: 3 / 5
  • PvP: 1,5 / 5
  • Performance: 2 / 5
  • Crew-skills: 4 / 5
  • Story: 4 / 5
  • Support: 0,5 / 5

--> 2,7 / 5

Edited by LovarBoy

8.0 for me.

Pros:

Amazing and unique class stories.

Fully Voiced.

Solid although kinky combat system.

Beautifully designed worlds (DESIGN, not graphics).

The most replay-ability of any MMO that I've ever encountered.

Crafting WHILE you do whatever you want is epic.

Space combat is a fun diversion.

PvP is fun.

Massive amounts of content for a newly released MMO.

Codex when working is pretty sweet.

STAR WARZZZZZZ

Side quests are very entertaining the first time through.

Flashpoints have some pretty sweat story, which is odd for group activities in MMO, never really happens for some reason.

Most mid level armors (25-49) are pretty sick.

Companions that are interesting and add a new layer to the game.

From the sands of Tatooine to the snows of Hoth, the serene and tranquil beauty of Alderaan to the busy city moon of Nar Shadda, the planets are pretty amazing.

Cons:

Classes imbalanced.

PvP needs more warzones (Huttball was fun, the first couple hundred times straight that I had to do it >:o).

Faction imbalances.

Kinky combat.

Some features don't work as they should, or at all.

Space combat is a diversion and not a full fledged mechanic (not so much a downside, more of a missed opportunity).

A good number of bugs.

Sub-par endgame (which is to be expected in any new MMO, but it's still a con).

Outdated graphics.

Side quests not so entertaining the 2nd time through.

Most level 50 PvP and PvE equipment sets look pretty horrible.

That may seem like a lot of cons, but they really are small cons compared to the epicness of each pro.

This game has so, SO much potential. It has major weaknesses in PvP and Endgame, once it overcomes those and upgrades some of it's current mechanics that aren't that great but have super potential (Crafting becoming more useful, Space Combat becoming a full fledged game mechanic) then this game will easily be worth a 9 in my book, which is really high, I'm a rather harsh critic.

Pretty much agree with everything on that list, maybe minus the bad graphics (just my opinion anyways).

I agree that the game has a ton of potential, and I hope BW can see that too.