Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

A question regarding if you sided with jadus- what happens when you go to makeb? is he still in charge - What Darth Maar says about it? isnt he supposed to be dead?:rak_02:

srry for awakening an old topic

Marr says that Jadus is still in hiding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be hilarious if SW7 is about the Star Cabal, how they manipulated Palpatine into effectively destroying both Sith and Jedi, when now they are working to contain the one that got away (namely the Skywalkers) and somewhere out emerges a holocron of Cipher Nine.

I haven't finished the storyline yet, but almost there (on Voss now, level 49). I was actually upset when Ardun Kothe died. I wanted him to live. Now I realize that I could save him, I think I will do that when I play that character again as an Operative instead of a Sniper.

I haven't decided if I will do the free agent ending yet, or join SIS (if it is still an option for me). Even if my character may or may not be loyal to SIS, she may join just to keep her options open, making her potentially a triple agent.

Not sure how it handles it, but it would be nice if different titles where given for each ending. Rogue Agent for the independent option, Sith Agent or Keeper or something like that for the Sith option, and SIS Agent or Republic Agent for those defecting to SIS.

It's either I messed something up, or I really do not understand the meaning of my ending.

I chose to give the Codex to Ardun Kothe since his offer sounded more or less decent, and promised him that I will try to change the Empire from within until the Republic calls me for help. So I guess this goes under "join the SIS"-ending. Then I return to the Minister and have to lie about the Codex (that I didn't find anything, or that I destroyed it, or whatever). I tell him that I'm going to stay in the Empire and survive Sith interference somehow. "Thank you, agent. Dismissed". Propably the last time I hear it from him, pretty sad, but well... What's done is done.

Back on the ship I tell my crew that we are going to stay and serve even if the Intelligence is disbanded, for it is our duty. I'm pretty sure I DID NOT mean "Yo, let's all go rogue and become space batmen now!". Then Keeper calls, and I say something like "We are going to find the threats to the Empire and deal with them. Isn't that what we do?". Ok, I thought, maybe Ardun lends me the Codex for this somehow :D Whatever.

Then the loading screen pops up. "Congrats, former Cipher Nine, now you are a Batman! You go wherever you are needed and do what you have to"... wut? I didn't choose this!

Well, let's try the expansion, shall we? Darth Marr calls.

- Hallo, is former agent home?

- Screw you, lord Darth, you dismantled my organization, I'm not going to work for you. Btw, where is the Keeper and the Minister?

- Your former comrades remain dispersed. You are going to Makeb NOW. Or, and one more thing. You are a Special Projects Commander now, and you'll get a promotion soon. So... go to Makeb? Pretty please?

So - what the hell is this? What ending did I get? :confused: And when Marr says "dispersed", what does he mean? Are my former comrades running in all directions, so the Sith cannot find them? Are they being reassigned in the millitary? English isn't my native, so it's really hard to get the proper meaning of this one. Some help please, fellow agents? :)

But at least I have a millitary rank again, and I'm not a batman. Thank you, Darth Marr, for now I can continue ruining the Empire from within until master Kothe calls, lol. Or I won't. We shall see about that.

Edited by Yria

• 8 months later...
I'm light side 5, and got the free agent ending. In my mind, this is the perfect ending - way back on Voss, when asked what I wanted, I said I wanted to be free. And now I am. Woot.

I'm actually amazed at how many endings there are. I thought there was just gonna be two - if you did or did not give the data to the sith.

This is my story. This is why all the current extensions; makeb, oricon, and forged alliances make absolutely no sense for my character. My story is over. But, It was a good one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I just completed the agent storyline and I got the free agent one. Which for my IA, made the most sense as she put the empire first above the sith.

I am tempted to try again to get the Jadus ending.

all in all this was a fun and cool storyline. :)

Well, my sniper was motivated by 3 things:

1. Loyalty to the Empire and its subjects

2. Hatred of the Sith and all that they stand for (arbitrary sadism and cruelty, etc.)

3. Pragmatism

Which made the rogue agent ending the ideal one. He is still serving the Empire (on Makeb, on Oricon, on Tython/Korriban) but it's on HIS terms. He used the codex to erase his identity. Worked out pretty well.

I will make my Op, if/when I roll her, much more DS I think.

• 2 weeks later...

but damn... it'll be hard not to properly deal with those jerks and their onomatophobia crap :D

Especially when they use it to force you to do stuff you were going to do anyway.

I end up feeling like: "The moment I'm able, I'm going to jam my knife into your face."

Which is why I ran up to each of them and used my knife to finish them, even though I'm a sniper.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious about something. I hit up Makeb and the intro to it referenced the ending I chose (Imperial Batman).

If you haven't finished chapter 3 and go to Makeb, what do they think you are? What ending does it treat you as having chosen?

I'm curious about something. I hit up Makeb and the intro to it referenced the ending I chose (Imperial Batman).

If you haven't finished chapter 3 and go to Makeb, what do they think you are? What ending does it treat you as having chosen?

It actually spoils you... because the quest icon for Makeb comes up on your ship sometimes earlier than you finish chapter 3...

So you can start the Makeb conversation with hinting towards your ending already. Not sure how much would be spoiled in agent storyline - I had it happen on my Merc when Makeb hit live and was a bit startled.

But on the other side I think BH doesnt have so many story outcome variations ;)

- Jhexa (rogue OP healer / Batman :p)

• 4 months later...

I ended up becoming Batman until Marr called. I was primarily light side due to the fact I believed it to be my duty to stand up for my fellow Imperials, and always preferred speaking with Imperial Officers, who I loved for their sense of honour, duty and general hardiness, and was glad that I was one of them, and loved the admiration I got from them, and the slight hint of fear from some Sith. My Imperial Agent loved his people, and in the end, Ardun Kothe's attempt to use the Shadow Arsenal would probably result in the deaths of millions of them, so I was forced to attempt to arrest him, although he did spit my offer back in my face. I admired him for his courage, but I think his ideals clouded his judgement.

With Jadus, of course I blackmailed him out of everything he had planned and took his ship from him, it seemed like the most ****** thing to do. He would have murdered many fellow Imperials, therefore he had to go.

I like to think now he's spearheading the move for reform: getting Aliens into the Army, trying to allow a system for a slave to become free after a time (Roman-style) and join the middle-class, trying to secure more places of power for force insensitives (I guess it's wishful thinking, but that seat for Sphere of Intelligence looks quite attractive, and I think the Agent could very well blackmail, threaten and charm his way onto that seat one way or another).

But now he's going after Revan, another person who had an intent to commit genocide against the Empire, annoying Sith and Jedi alike with his clever remarks. :p

I have a question for

people who chose the defect to sis ending

what was your motivation for doing so? Im curious as I wish to do this but can't find a Good enough reason for my character (became an agent to protect the empire and it's citizens)

(I'm a bit late to the thread lol)

Understanding that there are two different groups of people at work: the Sith and the Empire. They may be working together, but they are not the same group. The Sith are essentially an Theocracy, with high ranking members of the Sith Order forming a counsel that will make all decisions. The Aristocrats within the Sith Order will be chosen through treachery, politicking, manipulation, birthright, genetics, and receptivity to the Force.

The Empire, on the other hand, appears to be a Stratocracy, where one ascends in power through a series of military promotions. This means that leaders among the Empire are chosen through a combination of politicking, merit, achievement, and opportunity.

My character liked the Empire. My character never liked the Sith. Sith seemed to play by their own rules, just randomly shocking, choking, and killing people for no reason. Sith also represented a power system where my character, being not force-sensitive, would essentially be considered an animal by default and a "useful tool" at best.

For me, the Sith were disbanding Imperial Intelligence and forming their own Intelligence operation. I would have loved to stay loyal to the Empire, but the Empire is being gradually overtaken by the Sith. These crazy, corrupt religious zealots are taking over the Empire, and forceably subjecting us to their whims as second class citizens to say the least. Imperial Intelligence, the agency which originally would have investigated and stopped this sort of corruption, the way I did with Darth Jadus, was now being destroyed and rebuilt as a system of mindless puppets to further the Sith Agenda. I did not support that.

Staying loyal to the Empire appeared to be a more noble way of describing becoming a Sith puppet. These are the people who kill millions of MY people, loyal Imperials, and not even to do battle with the Republic. They kill us off in order to have their petty squabblings between each other on the Dark Counsel. I see the Sith Order as a much greater threat than the Republic.

My job from the beginning was to stop corrupt Sith from hurting good Imperial people. The new puppet of Sith Intelligence will not allow me to do that. Being retired off and choosing to do my work as a free agent allows me to help a little, but leaves me lacking the power to disrupt the Sith Order power base and restore my glorious Empire. But the Republic? There is a war going on. The Sith and the Republic are coming to a head. I do NOT want to see the Sith win that war. So, much as I have done every step of the way throughout intelligence, I will work with the lesser of two evils in order to stop the real danger to the galaxy.

Double Spoiler from Jedi Knight

The freaking Emperor is trying to kill a galaxy full of his own people in order to ascend to near God-like power. That is the type of corruption we are facing at the very heart of the Sith. The Republic simply reflects a differing set of political beliefs. If the Sith get their way, then me, my family, my planet, and my entire species will die. If the Republic gets their way, I'll be the exact same guy on the exact same planet, but with a different flag at the capital building. The second the Sith destroyed Imperial Intelligence, the Sith drove me to find other allies to oppose them.

• 1 month later...
Im confused -

I didn't get a chance to spare Kothe during Act 2. ?

I suspect that you did not if you back talked/told him off/was angry at the brainwashing business. If you resist them at every step, I don't think it gives you the choice. I could be wrong though as I've never been down that route but I think I read it somewhere.

I agree, I want to start another one now!

I loved my story. I'm all independent and won my freedom, yet still loyal to the empire (hey, I'm Chiss!). I suppose that's the batman ending? Anyways, it would be neat to see what "it could have been".

Ha, that was me 100 percent (right down to being Chiss :p). Also, with regard to the later content like RotHC and SoR:

I love being the "Ghost of the Empire." Not sure if the other endings give you that title (well, sort of a title). When Marr asks you to go to Makeb, I loved the line where he said something like, "They're not trained to deal with ghosts," and then on Rishi, one Imperial calls you "The Empire's ghost." I love it! :D

EDIT:

Oh, also with regard to the new content, for those who were disappointed with the apparent removal of the blackmail ending....

(spoilers for Agent SoR class mission below)

When my character reached the end of the Shadow of Revan class mission (he chose the Batman ending to Chapter 3), the former Minister tells him that Marr is going to reestablish Imperial Intelligence. He says that you will oversee the new operations, but from the shadows, so that you can stop any Sith interference that might be attempted. So for those who want to save Intelligence but not be a Sith puppet, it looks like Batman is your best choice until you hit Shadow of Revan.

Edited by NSaynKnutt

My agent is a political idealist and surrendered the codex to the Sith Order for which he acquired the "Master Conspirator" title. I thought that was the reward for all agents who finished their class story, but you're saying that erasing your identity makes you the "Ghost of the Empire?"

I guess I'll have to settle for the slick class title given at the end of SoR.

My agent is a political idealist and surrendered the codex to the Sith Order for which he acquired the "Master Conspirator" title. I thought that was the reward for all agents who finished their class story, but you're saying that erasing your identity makes you the "Ghost of the Empire?"

I guess I'll have to settle for the slick class title given at the end of SoR.

No, I must have written my post wrong. It's not a title that you get for your toon, it's a name that some NPCs call you in end-game that I really like. If they made it an actual title, I'd be extremely happy. :D

But it isn't, sadly. Sorry for the confusion.

Very cool post, I thought I'd seen all the endings and obviously I hadn't.

My first agent (sniper) was light sided and she supported the Minister at the end and stayed loyal but got no chance to save the Agency as she had been too "good".

My second (operative) was an alien and sided with Jadus and became his Hand, giving him the codex at the end.

Now that I see there is a "neutral" ending where you can save the Imperial Agency, I'm going to try that with Agent number three (sniper).

I thought I would reply and give an update now that the SOR expansion has been released.

Ok, so I chose the ending where you give Ardun Kothe the Black Codex and defect to the SIS. Throughout the past year or so, I was very disappointed that my choice to join the Republic was never mentioned by any NPC's. I was worried that Bioware completely forgot about that version of the ending. However, those fears were alleviated upon completing Shadow of Revan. For most of the quest, it was never mentioned or referenced; However, a short cut-scene at the very end made my year in terms of SWTOR. It was only two lines of a Holocall, but hearing my agent referred to as "Legate" by Ardun Kothe, and hearing my agent begin a report made me so incredibly happy.