How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

ARPeabody

i defeated Lord Vivicar at lvl 31 as a sage healer just used Mind snap, force Wave and force stun and yeah he almost got one off right at the end when he had like 50 health left

given first 2 times was like WTH but once i realised he had a one shot ability i just interrupted it how ever i could

I found Him Pretty easy... I took him out on the first shot,

Sage Healer, Using Qyzen... The only thing was I took my eyes Of vivicar for a second to do some heals, and he used his one shot ability on Qyzen... which i guess better him than me.

Fortunately he was at about 1/4 hp at this point and i made sure to keep him stunned or slowed when ever possible, and to interrupt EVERYTHING he threw at me since i missed out on the name of his one shot abiltiy.

Like Most boss Fights, Interrupts are VITAL... they usually make the difference between a big win, or a massive *** kicking.

If Your Not Healer Spec try using Thoran, He has a few decent interrupts to help out and obviously the healing will be very helpful, as long as you stop that one-shot move.... I don't know the name, but like all of the Other Bosses its the one with the Longest Cast timer.

I am healer spec'd and I can't do a thing to kill Vivicar.

I can get the rest, I had NO problems killing the rest of the elites, but Vivicar and his 9000 one shot has killed me four times now and it's getting VERY frustrating, not FUN.

If this is a game, not real life, we should be able to solo our OWN AREAS - not so with the nerf that the Sage/Seers have had to put up with since the crappy 1.2 "update".

Bioware has a lot to learn about real human beings... Some of us are doing this to TRY to stay focused, healthy and keep our digits from petrifying from arthritis and more... thanks Bioware you are about as heartless as it gets.

This was the ONLY healer in an MMO (out of all of them since the INCEPTION of MMOs) that I 've EVER been able to play efficiently, until now.

I thought the point of this game was fun and social gathering... So far, I've been wrong every single time I've tried to believe that.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but did you even read the thread? Every Consular gets Mind Snap at Level 18, long before this fight. It is an interrupt on a 12 second cooldown. It will stop any long cast skill except when there is some kind of interrupt immunity, which Vivicar does not have. A true interrupt, like Mind Snap, will also prevent the interrupted skill from being cast again for 4 seconds. It is instant cast. And, unlike the Shadow's version, a Sage's Mind Snap has a 30m range. Vivicar's big damage skill is a very long cast, which means you should be able to always interrupt it with either MInd Snap or one of your other skills that stop casting (e.g., Force Stun). Even Holiday can catch him at the right time and stop the cast.

Even without that, all skills have a max range. If you are out of range of a skill, it cannot be cast on you. Even if you are in the range of a skill when it starts casting, if you get out of the range of that skill before it finishes casting, it cannot hit you. Thus, even if you have no interrupts, you can dance in and out of his max range and drop DoTs or other instant cast damage skills (e.g., use your 30m Project), to damage him then get out of range before he can cast. Even without using slows, you can easily keep out of his range.

This fight is extremely easy, and even easier if you can cast from 30m. You simply need to understand that not every fight is a DPS race or a "let's see if I can out heal his damage" race. As I said before, I interrupted and kited him on my Shadow taking no damage at all until I just decided, towards the end, that I could finish him off fairly quickly and moved into melee range and dealt with the paultry damage he can do without that skill by interrupting it when he tried to cast it while I finished him off. A good number of a Shadow's skills, including the interrupt, are melee range, so if I could do that without taking damage, you, as a Sage, certainly can.

DoT and kite him. Throw in instant cast/fast cast direct damage skills and interrupt him. Slow him. This fight should be a cake-walk for you unless you ignore the advise given in this thread. Put your companion on passive at the beginning of the fight so he doesn't grab aggro right away and become the target of Vivicar's attack early, build up some threat on yourself, then turn you Companion loose on him to do damage while you kite. You can even have Theran's Holiday skill off automatic and use it manually as an extra interrupt.

Outside of that one skill, which the advise in this thread tell you how to deal with, Vivicar is nothing. The fight is designed to teach you how to deal with interrups and long cast skills. This, of all fights, does not deserve the above rant because it is easy if you actually use the skills that are needed for the fight.

The best part about interuptable skills in the PvE quest lines is generally the longer the mobs induction the bigger the importance to interupt the skill and therefore the easier it is to interupt.

By the time you get to Vivicar you should have, mid snap, force stun, and force wave, (even force lift will interupt but the 2 sec induction makes it tougher to time.)

If you interupt the longer induction ones you should do ok.

• 6 months later...

There are two key points to remember with Lord Vivicar. First, he's level 34, which means if you are level 29, he WILL resist half your abilities (-5 levels is the cutoff in ToR, where enemies start resisting most attacks from the player.) Second, His mind Crush can 1-hit even a tank-specced Shadow, so you need to interrupt it (with your actual interrupt, or he'll just cast it again. Use stuns/Force Wave to interrupt other attacks as you see fit.)

You can defeat Vivicar at level 30, and it becomes easy at about 32, if you simply interrupt that big attack.

Starke is similar, further along in the story. I attempted to kill him while I was 5 levels below his level, and failed pretty miserably. 2 levels later, I wiped the floor with him. Level gap is a huge factor in these later fights, because so many players are underleveled.

-Macheath.

As a sage this boss is hard when below lvl 30. Simply because he will resist evrything you do including interupts. and slowly outdamage your healing even if you are kiting him.

if you are level 30 he can still resist you so interupt as soon as he starts casting, and if he resists pull off a wave to push him back, and if he would resist even that you can stun him. If all this would fail for you over and over you are having bad luck with rng. If you bind your companions attack and passive abilities, you can also easily kite him and should have no problems avoiding the instakill.

If you are level 32+ doing this and still miss the interupt I urge to not ask a friend for help. Interupting spells is one of the basics in this and many other mmos, this is a slow cast and if you cant handle this you will have REALLY big trouble with later class bosses not to speak of falshpoints and operations. It´s hard if you are new, but look at it as training, you should not have problems with damage taken unless you are missing interupts so focus solely on interupting him.

• 5 months later...
Thank you everyone! I was stuck until I read this post and learned that interrupts were so important. Yes he's was easier that the three mini bosses on the ship, once you interrupted him. :)

Vivicar is the tutorial to interrupts. Till now most likely you didn't use your interrupt(s) (wave and stun is also best used to interrupt also), but after this you will learn to appreciate mind snap. It was the same for me back then. Died the first time and then I decided to interrupt that nasty spell and it was a walk in the park. Easiest boss in the game. And it has been a walk in the park for all bosses after vivicar as long as you interrupt that long casting spell -hint for chap :)-.

EDIT: Ah and yes do keybind and use your interrupt frequently on other mobs too. One interrupt saves a lot of healing or worse hassle :).

Edited by MusicRider

Okay, fairly new to all this so I'm sorry for the stupid question I'm about to ask.

Can someone please list off the interrupts for both Sage and Shadow. I think this may be what is getting in my way as I play these two characters.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Yeah after losing to Vivicar about three times I finally caught on to the interrupt thing. Thanks to the people on these forums for that incredibly helpful hint.

Interrupts I used:

Mind Snap (fastest cooldown and silences the ability for 4 seconds)

Force Wave (knockback + interrupt)

Force Lift (works well if u need a few secs to heal, make sure u dont have a DoT on him when u use this!)

Stun (I waited till this was off cooldown then let loose with multiple Disturbances, DoTs, and proc'd TK Waves)

With proper use of LoS, CC, and interrupts this is actually a very easy fight. Without that ur essentially screwed. Also I wouldn't worry about getting close in this fight, u should have at least one of these off CD at any one time and the closer you are the easier it is to spot that OHK chargeup.

I should have figured all this on my own given the elite squad leaders on Vivicar's ship can slaughter u if u dont at least stun them when u can. Both elites and silvers (standards) can be tricky at this point in the game so I think this fight is actually a really good wake up call to the kind of paradigm shift ur about to go through.

Edited by Fearless_Jedi
Additional Commentary

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I only read the first couple posts, so I'm sure it's been mentioned... interrupt that thing he does. Simple as that.

I was fighting him and it was easy mode. WAY too easy. I got him to 5% and was telling my leveling partner "Vivian hits like a *****" and then BOOM 5% cuz I didn't interrupt the last cast he was doing. Finished him off, no big deal, but yes, you have to interrupt that thing.

33 shadow tank with Treek. Gear mostly up to date on both of us.

EDIT: Ah and yes do keybind and use your interrupt frequently on other mobs too. One interrupt saves a lot of healing or worse hassle :).

Absolutely. It's got a low CD, so there really is no point in NOT using it in group settings. It just makes life easier.

I only read the first couple posts, so I'm sure it's been mentioned... interrupt that thing he does. Simple as that.

I was fighting him and it was easy mode. WAY too easy. I got him to 5% and was telling my leveling partner "Vivian hits like a *****" and then BOOM 5% cuz I didn't interrupt the last cast he was doing. Finished him off, no big deal, but yes, you have to interrupt that thing.

33 shadow tank with Treek. Gear mostly up to date on both of us.

Good advise but just remember this is a 2 year old post answered and Necroed many times over lol. Way back when there was no Treek.

Its very easy for act 1 boss. I soloed it at my 30 (enemy is 34) with badly geared Qyzen (starting gear)

Key is interrupting Force Crush. That will one-shot or almost one shot you. Cast time is +5 seconds. Otherwise its easy and for example lord Angral/Kira or Darth Jadus are way harder. There is just one part in Vivicar fight:D

• 2 months later...
I wasn't paying attention and got one one shot. Then I said what the heck, and read this thread. Second try I paid attention and interrupted....the fight was short. His big offense is his defense, stop that and your good to go. Edited by Belegnole

• 6 months later...