Sort Companions by level

Fergz

While it is a bit wonky at times, I was under the impression that it already did that. My comps tend to be listed by descending order of rank. The drop-down list in the crew skill pop-up when assigning tasks is a little less faithful to that order, but my highest-ranked comps still tend to be near the top of it.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

While it is a bit wonky at times, I was under the impression that it already did that. My comps tend to be listed by descending order of rank. The drop-down list in the crew skill pop-up when assigning tasks is a little less faithful to that order, but my highest-ranked comps still tend to be near the top of it.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

That is only in the crafting window. I think they are asking for it in the window in which we summon the companions from for normal activities. (and they aren't listed by levels in the Companion Contact UI)

Yes, we want a favourites list in the Companions and Contacts window. And not just ranked by level either - like in the crafting window - just favourites. We might have some lower level companions that we just take out for RP purposes, or whatever.

A reasonable compromise might be to have the most recently used go to the top of the list like in the stronghold listing. At least then the most used ones would be at the top.

I would love the ability to sort or favorite companions.

I can imagine, however, that changing up the Companions & Contacts window would be a little tough, because it's designed around a principle of grouping characters by story function. If you changed this, how would you separate out Alerts, vs Alliance Commanders, vs Unavailable Companions and etc? I for one would be very opposed to any change that would make me lose the ability to fast travel to Alliance Commanders or Alert locations.

I was about to suggest that a summoning function be added to the Crew Skills menu because that one already sorts by level, but then I remembered it wouldn't make Beast or Droid or other non-crafting companions available, and further still wouldn't allow the ability to favorite.

Instead, I'm wondering if maybe another sub-menu could be added to the Abilities menu, where Pets and Vehicles currently are. Create a new menu here for Companions, where your currently available companions become unlocked, and have it function exactly the same as Pets and Vehicles - namely in that you could favorite them, and also drag actual clickable quickbar icons for them onto your quickbars. This way if I want super easy access to my three favorite companions, I can actually quickbar them and that's even easier than having to go into a menu.

A reasonable compromise might be to have the most recently used go to the top of the list like in the stronghold listing. At least then the most used ones would be at the top.

As a sidenote, this feature has never appeared in my game; my strongholds are sorted only by location and the order in which they appear never changes. :( Which is especially frustrating given I have 6 pages of Strongholds to scroll through. My most frequently used stronghold (the one I use as utilities home-base for my entire roster of characters) remains stuck forever on page 4. I had actually totally forgotten that this feature had been implemented just because it never worked for me. If someone knows of some secret preferences setting somewhere that I have somehow managed to miss which triggers the sorting, I'd be very grateful to learn about it.

:) This is a good idea. I still have not all class companions listed in the "Class Companions" category, some of my class companions listed as "Dropped out of Contact" although they're back now even multiple listings of the same companion. It's a mess, and Ossus complicated that even more. Despite multiple tickets and bug reports even listings in the Bug Report section, they chose to do nothing.

I hope they do something in 6.0 as it looks like they'll (Companions) finally get some attention.

This and a way to sort out my alts on the character selection menu. I hate that they move around on there. I wish I could sort them by class and by preference. Same goes for companions

We could really some overall organizational updates.

This and a way to sort out my alts on the character selection menu. I hate that they move around on there. I wish I could sort them by class and by preference. Same goes for companions

We could really some overall organizational updates.

Good idea... Sometimes I forget which character is on what planet .. or in which SH.. If they remained grouped by class (for example) that might help a bit too !!