List of all Datacrons

Almar

Is anyone else seeing on the Codex page for Alderaan that it lists a total of *seven* datacrons? I got all five before, so this is quite surprising to me. Is this a bug, or did BioWare actually add two more datacrons to the planet?

The 2 datacrons from Makab show up under Alderaan for some reason.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 datacrons from Makab show up under Alderaan for some reason.

Is that confirmed to be a bug or is that you just assuming/guessing? Because according to the achievements, there's new world bosses on Alderaan and Taris.

Edited by Twolightsabers

Is the Quesh +4 Endurance datacron bugged? I click both the east and west panels but the force field never drops on the south entrance to leave the room before the poison gas kills me.

Edit - This datacron now requires 2 people to activate the east/west panels at the same time.

Incorrect. If you have some form of speed boost, it's still possible to 1-man it. I did it myself only 5 minutes ago.

The problem is that you have to activate the 2 switches at very close the the same time.

Just running at normal speed, it's not possible. But with a speed boost you can stand at max range from the first button, activate it, hit your speed and run the 5-10 meters to the second button and activate it before the first button 'cools down'. It requires a bit of precision and the timing is difficult, but after dying once because my speed buff was on cooldown, I managed to pull it off on the second try, so it can't be that hard.

Yes, it's easier to do with 2 people. But possible to do with 1 as long as you're a class with a speed buff, which is just about everyone nowdays.

Is that confirmed to be a bug or is that you just assuming/guessing? Because according to the achievements, there's new world bosses on Alderaan and Taris.

When I earned the 2 on Mekab, the codex no longer showed that i was missing 2 on Alderaan. So, I would say that confirms it as a bug.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are a true hero, kind sir.

But i have a serious question... Am i missing something or can i not get all the history entries? There are 67(?) datacrons but 80 history entries? Does this mean there are other places to get history entries?

On my sith, history entries 1-3 were on Hutta, but on my Trooper i've gotten all 6 from the starting worlds and am still missing 1-3. Can you tell me where to find those?

It's actually impossible. Some of these were removed from the game and it's impossible to get the Tython, Ord Mantell, Coruscant, Taris® and Balmorra® datacrons if you are Imperial(And their Imperial counterparts if you're on the Republic Side)

You are a true hero, kind sir.

But i have a serious question... Am i missing something or can i not get all the history entries? There are 67(?) datacrons but 80 history entries? Does this mean there are other places to get history entries?

On my sith, history entries 1-3 were on Hutta, but on my Trooper i've gotten all 6 from the starting worlds and am still missing 1-3. Can you tell me where to find those?

There are 67 datacrons on each side. The ones on OrdMantell/Tython/Coruscant and Korriban/Hutta/DK have different numbers. Your Matrix Cube station also counts as a datacron so that's where the missing 13 shall be

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello.

The codex listings for the 2 Makeb datacrons is noted as being fixed in Patch 2.6.1 2/25/2014 in the "General" notes.

A check in game of the codex listings for the Planet Makeb shows "2" as needed. (I don't yet have them).

Can anybody tell me which Codex Entry corresponds to which datacron? Is Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion the Presence+10 or the Endurance+10? And thus the other is for Galactic History 89: Capturing the Dread Masters.

So what happens if we already have the Makeb Datacrons (like I do)?

When I logged in to the new patch, I did not receive the entries retroactively.

Do we have to get them again for the codex entry (PLEASE GOD NO!), or are we locked out of them? When you've already used a Datacron you can't interact with it anymore, so what does that mean for those of use who already have the Datacrons?

So what happens if we already have the Makeb Datacrons (like I do)?

When I logged in to the new patch, I did not receive the entries retroactively.

Do we have to get them again for the codex entry (PLEASE GOD NO!), or are we locked out of them? When you've already used a Datacron you can't interact with it anymore, so what does that mean for those of use who already have the Datacrons?

No, BW is aware that those of us who already got the Datacron were granted it retroactively when the patch was released. It is going to be fixed, but they don't know when yet (I'll look for the dev post.)

EDIT: Looks like it's coming in 2.6.2!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7274412&postcount=17

I sure didn't! We are aiming for a resolution to be in 2.6.2!
Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Somebody know about the new datacron? I get all before ziost.

Thanks

Ziost as something new and its not a Datacron. Something with a story part?

Also dont have a clue what is does when you find them all. As far as I hear arround me it does zip wich makes it uninteresting to look for.

Then I have an aditional question I hope someone knows an answer to. Bio doesnt give one other then its a "known" issue.

Point is I cannot see per char what he/she discovered on the Datacron lvl and such. No history button.

All discovery's are legacy shared wich makes it impossible unless I manualy write them down.

One step at a time :

- Ziost is the new planet added. The poster before you is stating that he/she can find every datacron before getting to Ziost.

- When you find them all, besides all the points added to your stats, you get a special kind of decoration for your stronghold, and the satisfaction of finding them all.

- And yes you can. Under the codex tab is a list of all the DCs you have found for the particular toon, if you go codex->planet, you can see how many you have for any particular planet. So you can find out which ones you have, or are missing. Since these are "secrets" that have to be found, the only documented listing for each one is on web sites like swtor-spy where you can see which exact ones there are by planet, which stats they add and how to get to them.

I know these are forums and all goes, but you should really try to answer to things you know something about...

Ziost as something new and its not a Datacron. Something with a story part?

Also dont have a clue what is does when you find them all. As far as I hear arround me it does zip wich makes it uninteresting to look for.

Then I have an aditional question I hope someone knows an answer to. Bio doesnt give one other then its a "known" issue.

Point is I cannot see per char what he/she discovered on the Datacron lvl and such. No history button.

All discovery's are legacy shared wich makes it impossible unless I manualy write them down.

• 2 weeks later...

Datacrons should receive some attention.

They are of ultimate importance for the lore of the game, in all SW worlds.

Notheless, new players of SWTOR are ignoring its existance, because its functionality is long gone.

While some are difficult to reach, the total in numbers a character gets as reward for discovering them is insignificant for game mechanics.

There must be incentive to get them.

• 2 months later...

Is the Codex still broken or is 73 / 74 actually accurate? And if so where is number 74?

I checked in Legacy and I have the Galactic Datachron Master achievement Under Achievements \ Location \ General. I can buy the Master Exhibit: Dark Datachrons and Master Exhibit Light Datachrons. Some of the individual Datachron decorations are already bought although I never actually bought them. I am assuming they were rewards for doing something on a particular planet since they list a planet in the popup window when I click on each one.

Is there a listing of how to unlock the Datachron decorations from each planet? A series of quests you have to complete or places you must explore and unlock?

Edited by Valantar
More explanation

The decorations don''t have to be unlocked. They drop at different planets mostly on Heroic missions.

The hardest one to find due to drop rate is from the Imp Heroic in Ilum. I got it NOT as a drop, but when I went to turn in the mission, I picked the blue container (since I am L60 didn't need the other reward) and behold, inside the container was the DC decoration I was missing. To date I have only gotten one of those. (Dark Cunning I think).

The others drop easily.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I don't know if anybody has noticed this, but I think I have made a quite useful observation concerning the Champion Grophets which you need for the "Wolf of Rishi" achievement and the Rishi Datacrons. I didn't know where else to put this, so I hope this helps.

Some guys have been complaining on forums about how they waited for hours and no spawn on Breck the Grophet... I had the same thing, I was in a group with two others from my guild and we killed the placeholder mobs in order to get the data packs.

So we killed Straugh and Wupp, each spawned about the 7th to 10th time we killed the placeholder. Then on to Breck... and more than two hours and no avail. We met an Imp who said he'd been trying for SIX hours.

One of the other guys had the data packs in his loot, and when the group broke up he gave the packs to me (being the highest ranking within our guild, I'm trustworthy, I guess ;)).

Anyway, today I logged in and one of the others said he'd tried to get Breck to spawn and managed so after 5 trash mob spawns.

I, however, having the two data packs in my inventory, continued slaughtering Grophets and Grophlets... and chatting with my guildmate who also collected Wupp's data pack after 6-7 respawns again.

A thought came to my mind - I travelled to my stronghold, transferred the data packs to my storage, returned to Rishi...

... And after 7 little Grophets, guess who spawned! I concluded from this observation that apparently, the chance of a champion spawn is significantly lower than 5% if there is someone around the spawn point with exactly two data packets in their inventory. So, transferring them to your storage or sort of the like, you avoid this lower spawn rate and get your third packet waaay quicker.

I know, so far this has only been a one-time test. But I think that coding this is possible, so maybe you guys can check if this hypothesis bears truth and Bioware has put up a nice little timesink at this point...

I'm curious what you can find out about this!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...