SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

I don't think I have seen so many words say so little. It can be summed up with server mergers, attempt at forced grouping being the only new content and wont be much till 2018 so come back then.

Really the only thing I can see that is overly positive is Temple is coming back 28th November and a rather odd choice to not mention the traitor by name but to say they are on Copero and then say that find out what Theron has been up to with the Chiss on Copero.

As for 5.5 that seems to be even more underwhelming that could have been though likely as far as new content. Is there going to be anything new to introduced with it? What are the improvements to Galactic Star Fighter or is this simply the already mentioned increase in rewards?

It seems to defy belief the direction that tor is being taken. TOR has static boring worlds with less than amazing graphics so it does feel like a place to just log on and enjoy the aesthetics, while the direction its going is to offer end game content as group content. So the option to have anything to do is reliant on being able to spend enough time to form group and complete the group related activity if you can even get a group formed with the right mix of classes. No easy task given how few people are playing and I don't see anything here to bring them back. And even if the server mergers does offer more opportunity your only appealing to people that want the regimented group reliant experience. Given for the last 2 years you have appealed to story and solo play audience, may be less people than you might hope. While I haven't seen very much here to make enough of an impact to draw people back.

So sorry to say it but this looks bad, aside from server mergers and Temple there seems to be little on offer in this update and no where close to what people had hoped for to rejuvenate a game with little end game content.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, a question if I may...

Also with A Traitor Among the Chiss, we’re changing how Disintegrate works – instead of receiving more CXP, we will provide you with Unassembled Components for armor and weapons. In addition, you can send those components to any character in your Legacy as we’re changing these to be Legacy-bound consumables.

Launch of Legacy-wide currencies for Credits and Unassembled Components

I am a little confused, because when you say launch of legacy-wide currencies, does that not defeat the point of legacy bound consumables or is that what you mean with legacy-wide currencies?

I ask cause to me a legacy-wide currency is a currency like GC tokens that are one counter for your legacy.

I am beyond happy, I am a tad sad we won't receive extensive story content this year, but nonetheless the fact that we will be getting Server Merges makes me the happiest player in SWTOR now. I cannot express how much this makes me feel amazing and happy as this is what I had hoped for so badly. I wanted to see the Red Eclipse and the Progenitor be merged, which is happening, and on top of that our new server will be named Darth Malgus, like, how more epic can it get? Edited by Ylliarus

Just close the game. If you're trying to paint server merges as something exciting, you're sc****** the barrel. Let swtor die so a competent team can be put to work on a replacement for this sad case of 'it might have been'. Sick of replaying the same **** every *********** year and you jokers posting all this crap pretending you're adding anything worth sticking around for.

So sorry to say it but this looks bad, aside from server mergers and Temple there seems to be little on offer in this update and no where close to what people had hoped for to rejuvenate a game with little end game content.

You mean things like this?

NAHUT - The 3rd Boss Encounter for Gods from the Machine Operation

New Flashpoint on Copero – Find out what Theron’s been up to with the Chiss

New PvP map

New GSF Map set in the Orbit above Iokath

Please explain to us what will happen if for example I, from the Progenitor on a character named Emma will merge with The Red Eclipe where someone named Emma plays too... Will they be privileged due to being the main server or doesn't this have any effect?

Basically, there is a new perk that you can purchase. That perk increases the CXP you earn in your Legacy by 25-100%. What the % is, is determined by how many CR 300 characters you have. My understanding is that you need 4 characters at 300 for the 100%, but I will verify.

-eric

Does this bonus include CXP at level 300?

Though to be honest if you have 4 characters at 300 you probably don't need the perk, you need to take a good look at your life.

No real story content is a no-go for me...i dont count 5-10 mins of actual storyline in a flashpoint "a story". No sings for a new expansion, no companions..(Raina Temple...are you f***n kidding me). All other things are irrelevant to me...new map for GSF and PVP will get boring quickly so thats not really a new content. I've been a non-stop sub for almost 3 years now...no incentive for me to keep it up.

Yea, I am sorry but I rather have Bioware Austin invest in proper changes that motivate players to engage players to play the game instead of 20 minutes of cutscenes that you can watch on youtube

Server merges are awesome, HOWEVER, I have ONE major question to ask...

What is going to happen to people's names?

I had to rename my characters TWICE when we did the first merges, I DO NOT want to have to rename my characters again. Especially if I've had my names for almost 6 years and some newbie comes in or I go in, and I have to change my name cause it competes with that person's name on another server or whathaveyou.

Please tell me, you guys figured out a way to make the change easily and NOT have us have to rename our characters. It's extremely annoying.

Keith and the dev team, I want to hug and kiss you right now! Thank you so much for the Roadmap and thank you so much for the amazing content you have in store for us! Finally we are going to see the Chiss more, how exciting is that! And Copero is the planet where the Chiss ruling family Mitth comes from... I see what you did there, Bioware, catering to the Thrawn fans is a very nice notion ;) It is an understatement to say that I am content with what will be coming to SWTOR this year and early next! Edited by Ylliarus

While interesting.

That still the next TWO MONTHS with no NEW content.

Then after two months of no new content what we do get isn't what one would call "a lot":

NAHUT - The 3rd Boss Encounter for Gods from the Machine Operation

New Flashpoint on Copero – Find out what Theron’s been up to with the Chiss

New PvP map

New GSF Map set in the Orbit above Iokath

Thats the new content for the next 3 months. Two of which gives nothing.

Yeah, 'cause a lot of those two months are going to be spent making sure the giant server merges go off without a hitch. Not a lot of room for releasing new content in among that mess. I'm okay with waiting - I just hope said merges go smoothly!

I have a question regarding strongholds. I currently have six fully decorated strongholds. I only have one legacy on one server.

As I was not playing when the last server merges took place, I would like to clarify how this will be handled.

My understanding is that I will retain all my strongholds (even if they were bought with credits, not cartel coins) and that I will keep all my decorations.

Is this correct? And would I be also correct in assuming that my strongholds will lose their decorations, meaning I will have to decorate them again?

Not complaining, just clarifying. Thanks to anyone who answers.

Partially correct. Yes you will go up to 156 characters on that server, the limit is staying at 52 (the 50 is a typo I am working on fixing now). In fact, that 52 number is likely to go up with the update, just locking down details on it.

I am not sure how the server character caps will affect transfers, let me look into that.

-eric

This has some interesting possibilities for RPers with extensive legacies. A legacy of 156 characters? To quote Doctor Oggurobb, "I salivate to contemplate the contributions" of such an occurrence. I think I will need to make several more characters this week in order to prepare.

Edited by BenKatarn

Well that was a pleasant surprise. I think it's good that Nahut is coming along and that the story will progress with another flashpoint, also good to know GSF will finally get a new map as it has been dying for an update. I think it's somewhat disappointing however that we won't have gods from the machine complete this year as it was previously stated if memory serves. And good to know we're getting server mergers, which In think the game is in dire need of.

Well that was...... MEH... it's the best word I have to describe how I feel about this.

And I am guessing Vector is not going to be returning anytime soon then? Seems a little odd to keep putting him off and then introduce Temple instead (and I know she fits in with the Chiss).

There are some excellent and very positive changes here.

On companions, can you please review companion balance and performance?

Some examples include: Shae Vizla is by far the highest DPS companion, HK-51 has the lowest DPS of almost any companion, Treek is hopelessly broken in all stances.

Nice community thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=677289

There are seriously people here who want to remain in their dead servers, what the actual hell.

You know, it may sound crazy, but in real life there are people who actually prefer to live in a small village than a big city.

I'm serious....these people exist.

Hi I have a question about Legacy and Server merges, there is an example what happens when two different Legacies with different levels merge, the higher legacy wins.

Legacy Name and Level

Since Legacy names are not unique, you will not lose a Legacy name as part of this process. However, if you have two Legacies which are brought together, the name and level of the highest level Legacy will be maintained.

Ex: You have the Level 10 “Skywalker” Legacy on The Bastion and the Level 40 “Organa” Legacy on The Harbinger; these will combine into the Organa Legacy at Level 40.

As always, if you wish to change your Legacy name you can do so via a Legacy Name Change from the Cartel Market.

But what happens if there are two level 50 Legacies merging, do I get to choose then which Legacy name will be on the new server or is it random which one will win?

• Dev Post
Please explain to us what will happen if for example I, from the Progenitor on a character named Emma will merge with The Red Eclipe where someone named Emma plays too... Will they be privileged due to being the main server or doesn't this have any effect?

Server has no effect on name collisions. Every character is moving to a brand-new server, there is no priority based on where you came from.

-eric

Some examples include: Shae Vizla is by far the highest DPS companion, HK-51 has the lowest DPS of almost any companion, Treek is hopelessly broken in all stances.

HK-51 also needs a complete overhaul of his tank spec abilities. Barely any of his abilities generate threat and his skill set is completely different (and useless) compared to other tech-based companions while specced to tank.

That could be, but there are other tie breakers. Let's say 2016 Bob has 2500 hours played and 2015 Bob, although well loved, is an alt and has 1500 hours played. It's possible they could pick 2016 Bob in that instance.

I just want to know the rules. The vast majority of my characters, I don't care about losing their name. But there are a couple I would be willing to quit the game over. My main Sage, who was created on the first day of early access is probably safe. But the others have me worried.

The merge blog confirms your theory. Subbed players have priority over Premium players, and for subs with the same name priority is decided on /played rather than creation date.