Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

ninjonxb

They are really good games. ME1 especially is probably my favorite Bioware game.

I am actually kind of excited about DA:I. It seems like Bioware is moving out of their comfort zone with it and trying something new to them... We'll see.

My friend has played all the Mass Effect games. She's particularly fond of the second one. I saw the trailer for DA:I at E3 or something last year, whilst I was watching for into on another game. It does look fun.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend has played all the Mass Effect games. She's particularly fond of the second one. I saw the trailer for DA:I at E3 or something last year, whilst I was watching for into on another game. It does look fun.

Of the ME games ME2 is probably my favorite as well, the first game probably has a better story - but ME2 was such an improvement in gameplay and graphics that it's the better game overall (to me at least).

Not to mention it has Omega. :cool:

Mass Effect 2 was great too, more polished gameplay wise for the most part, and yeah Omega was awesome... But I liked it less because it felt too streamlined... Mako replaced by planet scanning (I actually liked that crazy bouncing tank!), more linear feel, too streamlined inventory and the ammo system dropped it a notch in my eyes. The problem was that it tried to fix some of the more questionable features of the first game by oversimplifying and heavily streamlining rather than simply tuning down and tweaking (like the looting and inventory systems).

That's not to say that didn't love the game of course, I played through it a number of times :D

Edited by archifikoss

Why are you hating on the PC version? :p

I'm not.....I'd just rather play with a controller. Swtor is literally the ONLY game I play on PC. (Although I did finally download steam last night just to see what it's about). I was gonna buy KOTOR 1&2 but I noticed it doesn't say it'll run with Windows 7 . I only wanted it on PC so I could play it with the mods, because I own both on Xbox already.

oh god, that section of deep roads was sooo creepy.

its funny to me that most people seem to dislike the fade, but I enjoy fade. its the orzammar and deep roads sections that I can barely stomach and not becasue of the creepy factor either... its just something about the writing in that section makes it feel to me like it just drags on.. and on... and on.... its the only section that I dislike about DAO. personally.

oh god, that section of deep roads was sooo creepy.

its funny to me that most people seem to dislike the fade, but I enjoy fade. its the orzammar and deep roads sections that I can barely stomach and not becasue of the creepy factor either... its just something about the writing in that section makes it feel to me like it just drags on.. and on... and on.... its the only section that I dislike about DAO. personally.

The Fade is more interesting from a story perspective too; you find out all these things about your companions that they likely wouldn't tell you about under normal circumstances.

I also enjoyed DA:O's Fade adventurers a lot more than I did DA2's.

At least you don't get every companion turning on you over the first shallow promise a demon makes them.

It won't be an exodus, it'll be a pilgrimage.

We will go away, play it straight for 15 days, and when we are satisfied, we will return to our beloved MMO.

That's how it goes with awesome Single Player Games.

Maybe for YOU lol :D But I can guarantee I'll be m.i.a. on swtor most of the fall/winter. I had nearly 200hrs invested in my 1st DA:O Playthru and around 150hrs for each Playthru since. :)

Maybe for YOU lol :D But I can guarantee I'll be m.i.a. on swtor most of the fall/winter. I had nearly 200hrs invested in my 1st DA:O Playthru and around 150hrs for each Playthru since. :)

Dude, I think I had somewhere close to that....

In 2 months or so. But it doesn't really stop you from popping into swtor at evenings for a raid, and then go back.

Its more likely that people will spend some time in DA: Inq. But will return to SWTOR to play with friends or when they have finished the single player experience. Dragon Age is a very different IP, and not an MMORPG and as such I don't think it will have a lasting impact on the playerbase.

As it stands other MMORPGs are likely the only things that likely stand to reduce the player base on a permanent basis.

I may give DA: Inq a playthrough or two though - but will retain my full sub in SWTOR.

:)

I will surely play DA:I for months consider that I enjoyed ME3 and its Multiplayer mode for over 10 months :p . After I get tired with SP I probably will get into a MP DA:I group and play with them, it's going to be fun.

However if guildies and friends still need me here in Swtor I'll log in maybe 2 times a week for raiding.

I still need to play through DA:O.

Just haven't been able to get into the series like Mass effect

I beat the first one but not the expansions story and still playing thru the 2nd game almost at end but also need to play its expansions add on story's. I think the last time i played it was, Uh'hum, oh ok 2 and a half years ago. Before i started beta testing this game then went into pre early launch then launch and here i am today still playing. :eek::(

They also did claim that they were actual different endings, not just some small detail but vastly different endings.

allow me to remind you of ME3. prior to release one of the earlier articles (which I still have in hard copy) claimed that there would be 16 distinctly different endings. prior to extended cut? the only differences between 3 endings (the very a,b, c choice they promised NOT to give the players) were colors of explosions and otherwise minor alterations to cutscenes. biggest difference was that in high ems control ending - relays didn't explode. and in low EMS, your squad mates didn't come out of the Normandy. otherwise? it was same animation, color coded for your convenience. post extended cut - differences were more pronounced, but extended cut was NOT planned, but rather was given to the fans, following the largest outpouring of unhappiness over a video game ending since fallout 3 (and possibly approached or rivaled reactions to Neon Genesis Evangelion conclusion)

so yeah... even though I would personally be happy with a level of choice we got in DAO or ME2 (which basically allowed us to somewhat customize a single ending) given the company history, and even though I'm perfectly aware that its not the same team, I'm now weary of that promise. whether they actualy succeed at fulfilling it, or if it will be another ME3 which I honestly thing, wouldn't get nearly as much flak if didn't specifically break prior promises. so whenever developers start building up expectations like that. on THAT scale? it just... makes me, personally very weary nowadays.

allow me to remind you of ME3. prior to release one of the earlier articles (which I still have in hard copy) claimed that there would be 16 distinctly different endings. prior to extended cut? the only differences between 3 endings (the very a,b, c choice they promised NOT to give the players) were colors of explosions and otherwise minor alterations to cutscenes. biggest difference was that in high ems control ending - relays didn't explode. and in low EMS, your squad mates didn't come out of the Normandy. otherwise? it was same animation, color coded for your convenience. post extended cut - differences were more pronounced, but extended cut was NOT planned, but rather was given to the fans, following the largest outpouring of unhappiness over a video game ending since fallout 3 (and possibly approached or rivaled reactions to Neon Genesis Evangelion conclusion)

so yeah... even though I would personally be happy with a level of choice we got in DAO or ME2 (which basically allowed us to somewhat customize a single ending) given the company history, and even though I'm perfectly aware that its not the same team, I'm now weary of that promise. whether they actualy succeed at fulfilling it, or if it will be another ME3 which I honestly thing, wouldn't get nearly as much flak if didn't specifically break prior promises. so whenever developers start building up expectations like that. on THAT scale? it just... makes me, personally very weary nowadays.

Well yes, we all know that.

I'm just saying that they are claiming that the endings are vastly different from eachother and not just minor details.

Now, if they are lying or not is still to be seen, but that is what they are claiming (in obvious reference to the ME3 endings)

Well yes, we all know that.

I'm just saying that they are claiming that the endings are vastly different from eachother and not just minor details.

Now, if they are lying or not is still to be seen, but that is what they are claiming (in obvious reference to the ME3 endings)

If I could find the actual link of where I found outI wit about the article, I believe this article came out earlier then expected.

I will see if I can find it.

In some hardcore RPG forums, Bioware has lost almost all of their credibility with Dragon Age 2.

There, the mass exodus will rather be towards D:OS, The Witcher 3 or even Eschalon Book III or some other promising Indie developer.

I am not, and I never was, riding on the "Hate DA2" train (it has its flaws sure, but I like the skills and story a bit more than DAO), but DAI is supposed to undo all the shame that happened with DA2 (heck, they undid a lot of things people hated on it with Story DLCs alone). So far, it looks awesome graphically, looks great gameplaywise, and the story seems rather interesting.