What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

1. Mount with unique functionality: Something like mount with 2 seats, for other player or for companion, that would be awesome

2. Gear, really good looking gear something special, something so memorable, that if other players see you in that armor, they will run away. Maybe similar to old War Hero gear...

3. emotes,dye modules, special color crystals

Also, good reward would be credits + some rwz comms :)

And what about some special place on fleet, something that VIP lounge but this will be for good pvp players. If you come in there would be training dummys, special vendors and also, maybe something like rested experience if you will log out here. But it dont gives you double xp but for example double wz comms. Think about that :)

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since you opened the door.

Mounts:

AT-RT and maybe its other brethren.

"Mini" X-Wing/Tie Fighters.

Every Pod Racer, not just the Sebulba rip.

Items:

Crystals that flash when attacks are parried or deflected.

More Dye combos.

Discount cards for PvP consumables.

Game Improvememt:

Remove PVP GEAR.

Make most of the stuff grindable, not just given, because of the "holes" in the entire PvP system.

Edited by L-RANDLE

And what about some special place on fleet, something that VIP lounge but this will be for good pvp players. If you come in there would be training dummys, special vendors and also, maybe something like rested experience if you will log out here. But it dont gives you double xp but for example double wz comms. Think about that :)

Take all of the crap out of the station that's pvp related and make us a pvp lounge. :) Put it on a neutral planet right next to the other faction's so we can have neutral pvp w/ npc guards all day until the WZ pops. :)

Edited by siegeshot

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

an unique HYBRID PET

Top 3 players:

*An emote that works like Galactic Party Bomb or the Rally ability of Humans. Instead of making people dance/cheer it makes players in the vicinity cringe as you do something threatening like making grand gestures to the surroundings with a drawn weapon.

*Title: Death Defier

Top Rewards:

*Another carnivorous beast mount to match the precedent set by the rancor. Perhaps an acklay?

*Title: S-2 Victor

*Rewards from lower tiers.

Middle Rewards:

*Season's weapon skin. Perhaps something with darker metal and brutal spikes.

*A channeled emote that causes a bounty hunter to break stealth right behind you with a gun drawn, only to be quickly dispatched in a comically offhanded manner by the player which is clearly out of his league.

*Mini acklay pet

*Title: S-2 Challenger

Lowest Reward:

*Mini acklay pet

*Title: S-2 Competitor

Edited by Campaigner

Hey all - love the ideas so far - just my 2 cents.

I love the way the last season was bracketed - 1500 while not super high it was an achievable aim for any serious pvpr given the right conditions. It incentivised a large population of the players to try ranked. Gating the next season mounts to the top96 means it will be beyond nearly all players so please don't spend too long developing the top96 rewards. What would be a tragedy is you only incentivise the top 96 over the majority of the playerbase. Stick with titles or something cosmetic for these guys - interviews on the website perhaps?

For the 3 tiers love the ideas so far:

Tier 1 - pet / title (mini-deathmark who screams 'don't kick the ball' when you right click him / PvP vendor)

Tier 2 - armor (PvP unique - class unique - default color black / black) - as the set is PvP unique - recolour it / make slight mods over consecutive seasons (so development effort is lessened)

Tier 3 - mount / regen item (love a 'teabag' emote if a character can pull out a mug with a teabag in it and start dunking) or a personal AT-AT or regen where you do tricks/dribble the huttball

That's it for now

Keep up the good work

Edited by Saaz

I think the season one rewards were pretty epic and once they were announced the ranked Q's on TOFN were popping every 5-15 minutes and are still going off now.

Putting the awards out there at the start of the season would be more powerful for pops than the dailies/weeklies you have suggested :) Both combined will be pretty epic.

Tier 1: 1700+

Mount. PVP players usually stand around the combat training area of fleet, seeing someone on a rancor brings about a certain amount of mutual respect. I have NO idea what this mount should be. Perhaps something more like the Titan-6 rather than an animal mount. Girrada's war machine with the player inside a humanoid suit perhaps. Rocket boot mounts would be cool, but again I think these belong on the CM rather than as a reward.

Tier 2: 1400+

Armor. REALLY tricky to get right, after all a nice armour set with lore will be prime for the CM. So it should be. But having something rare/unique to PVP would also be nice. Perhaps go *basic* and have a stripped down version of what we expect the advanced class to actually look like. Traditional jedi/sith gear. IF you decide to put a recolour on the CM that's fine, BUT please make sure the reward gear comes already augmented with MK-9 slots. PVP doesn't provide much in terms of credits and I personally can't afford to use the S1 reward gear :( After all you know anyone with this rating already has MK-9 gear.

Tier 3: 1100+

Weapon + pet. Weapons are a lot harder to notice than armour and as such I think it should be in a lower tier than armour. Weapons with a theme based around the current season would be a good idea, at the moment the story in SWTOR is that of a post Makeb war on home worlds. Maybe have Isotope-5 weapons with a cool glow to them. Again these should have MK-9 slots.

A "Giradda the Hutt" mount. (goes at walking speed). :cool::csw_jabba:

That said, the other major thing I can think of now is: quality over quantity. Exempli gratia, if you're going to have an armor set, maybe make it identical for each class, but more unique than what we had in Season 1 (perhaps have it as a top reward, so we do not always have a mount up there: this could make people who are more interested in gear rather than in mounts more reasons to shoot for that top tier, especially given that you can't really show off mounts in the current Warzones and riding one of the dozen (all right, perhaps half a dozen :D) of Rancors jumping next to the PvP mission terminal on the Fleet is exciting up to a certain point).

As a final note, I believe mounts are a great top tier reward but if you'll ever feel like variating what's up there, a unique armor set would be my close-to-first option.

Some minor ideas for either lowest or the middle reward:

- An item that creates an hologram (almost like the Portable Holodancer, just untargettable so that it could be used in Warzones) that lasts x amount of seconds and that displays either, from easiest to coolest:

1) a Jedi and a Sith fighting (if your character is Republic, the winner is the Jedi, otherwise it's the Sith)

2) a being (of whatever species) with the player's character's class/advanced class who fights *another class/advanced class of the opposite faction (perhaps the mirror class/advanced class)* and wins. This would require doing the animations for each class/advanced class that fit with each other (that are in some way "cinematic" or "cool") and having two endings for each animation, the victory and the defeat.

3) an hologram of your character (if possible) fighting *same as point 2)*

4) an hologram of any of the winners above fighting multiple - generic or character classes - enemies.

- A variation of the above could be a regen item that has the player's character fighting an hologram enemy/enemies.

- A "For the Republic"/"For the Empire" emote with voiceover, that can be heard by the opposite faction (possibly at great distance :p). The animation could be something along the lines of /flourish (showing off the weapon) or a /point tilted upwards or it could be non-existant, (having just the voice)... Thinking more of this idea, perhaps it should be an item instead of an emote (so that it doesn't mess up with the UI, it can have a cooldown attached to it, so to avoid perople spamming, and, more importantly, it can be used in combat! Either independently of the global cooldown, if it has no animation, or restrained by it if it is indeed animated).

Edited by Lurtzello

Weapons are a lot harder to notice than armour and as such I think it should be in a lower tier than armour.

Great statement!

gear should have MK-9 slots.

Great idea!

Weapons with a theme based around the current season would be a good idea, at the moment the story in SWTOR is that of a post Makeb war on home worlds. Maybe have Isotope-5 weapons with a cool glow to them.

Great concept! (Perhaps an Isotope-5 droid or the Archon's mech as the mount tier 1 reward?).

mrkmcknz, you're great:jawa_eek: :D (Though I don't entirely share every other point you've made :p). Great to know we have such a player on TOFN!

Edited by Lurtzello

This concerns me. Nearly all the top players are on Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Prophecy of the Five. If you play on another server you won't even have the chance to play against players with ratings that high and thus have no chance of advancing to these rewards. It should be the top character of each advanced class per server.

You forgot Bastion, but I agree otherwise.

If you reward people based on their specs, it's going to heavily favor hybrid play.

They will reward based on advanced class, not spec, which means that the hybrid issues just becomes a matter of being able to "cheat" speccing hybrid healer/tank and being considered a DPS by the game or vice versa and while I don't recall where, I think I saw or heard a statement about a fix on this.

But if an hybrid spec is indeed more powerful than a full-tree spec of the same role, it's just like a PvP-focused full-tree spec being more powerful than another full-tree spec (of the same advanced class) that is more viable in PvE.

This being said... I'm a Guardian spec'd Defense up to the end and I'd prefer it if everyone used non-hybrid specs :D

Edited by Lurtzello

Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

OK I will.

A mercenary contract that gives a choice of new Mercenary companion of a species not seen before; either a tank/healer or a DPS/healer or a tank/DPS). The companion would be either: Nautolan (Force Adept tank/healer); Sullustan (Scoundrel DPS/Healer); Gammorean (Juggernaut Tank/DPS). These mercenaries would have a unique appearance and be about as good as Treek (i.e. awesome)

Reusable PvP medpack

Reusable PvP Stim

Access to the Champion's Lodge

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

Reusable PvP Medpack

Reusable PvP Stim

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

Reusable PvP Stim

So what's this Champion's Lodge business?

THE CHAMPION'S LODGE

Accessible from a shuttle at the fleet, the Champion's Lodge is a luxurious club on Hutta owned by Giradda the Hutt. Only those who participate in his most brutal games are allowed entrance. In the Champions Lodge, fighters can receive PvP missions, purchase PvP gear, and duel other players in a pit for the amusement of on-lookers.

The Champion's Lodge would sell various wares for RWZ commendations. In particular, players can buy contracts for new mercenary companions (different than above, e.g. human or some other race we can already get). Players can also purchase lesser/smaller versions of other rewards. Rewards that can be purchased can change with the seasons.

A mercenary contract that gives a choice of new Mercenary companion of a species not seen before; either a tank/healer or a DPS/healer or a tank/DPS). The companion would be either: Nautolan (Force Adept tank/healer); Sullustan (Scoundrel DPS/Healer); Gammorean (Juggernaut Tank/DPS). These mercenaries would have a unique appearance and be about as good as Treek (i.e. awesome).
So let me just get this straight, you want to hand out a new companion, as the top tier gift, to players who most likely are fairly dedicated PvP'ers and couldnt give a **** about solo PvE'ing and rarely leave the fleet? How about we add PvP stim/adrenal drops to the operations, it makes about as much sense. Edited by MidichIorian

So let me just get this straight, you want to hand out a new companion, as the top tier gift, to players who most likely are fairly dedicated PvP'ers and couldnt give a **** about solo PvE'ing and rarely leave the fleet? How about we add PvP stim/adrenal drops to the operations, it makes about as much sense.

Because we ride Rancors into battle all the time in PvP amirite? :rolleyes:

Plenty of people who PvP do other things as well. The Rancor mount does jack for PvP, but people seemed to like it.

Edited by Master-Nala