Darth Baras

AWDBAHL

WOW.

Anyone else really impressed with this character? His dialog, the voice acting, his look. Its all perfect. Whoever voiced him is amazing and the writing is great. Almost bizarre, since almost all other characters in that whole area are vastly inferior in terms of voice acting and writing, not to mention design.

Just thought I would give Bioware a thumbs up on this character. Make more like him.

He's a good one-dimensional villain. Which is to say he's not too deep (or at least, we haven't seen much depth to him so far) but he's owning the basic villain role very well.

I wish there were more quests to learn about his family, his background, his loves and hates, and hopefully a few twists in those that weren't stereotypically EvilTM.

I also wish the fat guy wasn't always the bad guy or the comic relief but that's another discussion. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I liked Darth Baras, liked his voice very much. That early scene where he screams at the guy he's torturing is one of my favorites. I had to restart it several times to try all the dialogue options and it was pretty amusing hearing him shriek over and over.

I wish there were more quests to learn about his family, his background, his loves and hates, and hopefully a few twists in those that weren't stereotypically EvilTM.

I actually kinda wish we could learn about our own characters background a little more. All my character ever said about her life prior to Korriban was that she came from a great sith family.

Edited by grania

Since this is not in the spoiler thread.

Well...Since this legacy system makes a part of a big family, we could assume that the ghost ancestor from the dark temple (sith inquisitor) is even Sith warriors ancestor... even jed knights ancestor... even smuggler's ancestor... wait a second...

He's a good one-dimensional villain. Which is to say he's not too deep (or at least, we haven't seen much depth to him so far) but he's owning the basic villain role very well.

I also wish the fat guy wasn't always the bad guy or the comic relief but that's another discussion. :)

One dimensional villain , not too deep? U are either trolling or havent played Sith Warrior's story past lvl 10...

Darth Baras is prob one of the best characters on Empire side in SWTOR

He managed to trap the Emperor, plant spies in both Empire and Republic that worked for him for decades , plant double agents , trap Emperor's lover and managed to steal visions from her to work his goal , ruin and kill his master aka the feared Minister of War who opposed almost everyone when Treaty of Coruscant was signed(testament of his power) , elevate himself to become Voice of Emperor while blackmailing/influencing other members of Dark Council to support him + his sister was the best assassin Empire ever had

And lets add that BioWare implanted a tribute to Darth Vader in him which u can encounter during Hoth class mission where he says something along these lines "U failed me for the last time" proceeds to choke Imperial officer over holo and hands command to next one in line (sounds familiar?)

Only reason why Baras didnt succeed in his plans was because BioWare wrote the story of us players taking him down and thats prob the only flaw in that story.

I liked the voice acting. I'm a little confused at the fat arguments, because, like I mentioned in another topic, the fat build that SWTOR has is a powerfully built fat dude. I mean, he's clearly got some decent musculature to go with all that fat. Imagine that weight pressing down on you with dramatically crossed lightsabers...

I like him and Lord Zash a lot. Awesome characters, awesome backstory, awesome storyline, awesome voice acting.

I used to like lord zash

and then I found out she's an old nasty in disguise over 100 years old

and then I took an arrow in the knee

I like darth Baras, I love the part where you come back from the Lord Grathan quest where he

screams in rage before asking if you were successful and you can answer. "I was, I also got rather intimate with his wife" and he calms down and goes "Ah Apprentace, you just cheered me up" :D

I used to like lord zash

I heard about this yet my Inquisitor would still bed her given the chance just as long as she doesn't reveal her true self while my sith is in her.

I used to like lord zash

Oh sure she is like 100+ years old and ugly as sin. Sure she is bat **** crazy and wants to take over your body to stay beautiful forever. But are you really going to let that get between the friendship you have forged with her since the beginning? :p

Edited by ClayPeopleCry

Read the Threat of Peace webcomic under the Media section. He is basicly the main Sith character in the story, although it doesn't explain how he put on about twenty stone in the time between the comic and game.

Read the Threat of Peace webcomic under the Media section. He is basicly the main Sith character in the story, although it doesn't explain how he put on about twenty stone in the time between the comic and game.

Same way Darth Thanaton changed from the powerful young sith in his webcomic to a miserly old man

Time

I did love Darth Barras, originally I was disappointed that he didn't strike me as looking like a true Darth... but then going through the quests had me loving him more and more. He was an impressive villain for the sheer fact he was manipulating everyone and everything.

A Jedi double-agent that lead a team of Jedi commandos to take out his enemies. A Republic Admiral. The fact he could manipulate the Dark Council through fear, etc.

He was a fantastically evil character and far from being one dimensional. If he were a one dimensional villain he would have done all he did by just murdering his opponents. The manipulation of multiple pawns places him as a truly great villain.

If I had to pick a favored Darth on looks alone. It be Darth Malgus. He's just sexy. ;)

Darth Jadus is the best looking and has the best lines. Calm, Methodical, and a touch of genocide.

Darth Baras on the other hand is known on Keller's Void as Darth Fat, Darth Girth, The only sith warrior to eat his way to the top.

But anyway, I still want to kill Darth Zorrid, and Darth Razor was annoying.

I liked and still do like Darth Baras despite his betrayal.

Now that his powers have left him and I banished him with my lightside juggernaut I would like to encounter him again someday. Whether he tries to kill me or my companions again or some other storyline.

Edited by Noyjitat