Noob questions, please help

Vortimous

I just started playing the game again about a month ago and this time I rolled a Trooper Gunnery Commando. I have gotten him higher than any other character I have played and I am comeing close to end game. I am about level 47 and dont really know anything about my stats, my armor.. what I should be getting etc. So I have a few questions. I know Aim is our most important stat so I just get items with that. But I have a question. Accuracy for example. I have range of 94.66 and bonus of 3.90% So my basic total is 94.66 and special attacks is 104.66. I know someone said this should be over 100, but is that for special or basic? Can someone explain this better to me and should I try to get this higher?

Armor.... so far I just PvE mainly, but i do PvP for the daily every day and I got most of the level 40 PvP armor pieces before 2.0. Now they are not there and I dont understand the new armor system. I guess my question is, what is the best armor I should be going for for gunnery commando. Where and how do I get it. Is it PvP armor, is it drops from PvE? Can someone point me in the right direction? I just want to know so i can start trying to save for it or start doing what I need to do to get it. Is it something I cant do until 50 or 55? I just really dont know.... What is raka??? whatever armor... should i get that... I have heard people mention something like that, again i dont know and sorry for the noob questions.... just trying to find what I need to go toward....

Thanks for any info...

don't go over 100 (or 110% for special/tech) accuracy, those are wasted stat points. You normally can get extremely close to 100 without sweating too much. Going over means wasting stat points. IE: full arkanian (lvl 69) gear can, with some optimisation, bring you exactly to 99.97% accuracy.

don't go over 100 (or 110% for special/tech) accuracy, those are wasted stat points. You normally can get extremely close to 100 without sweating too much. Going over means wasting stat points. IE: full arkanian (lvl 69) gear can, with some optimisation, bring you exactly to 99.97% accuracy.

Thanks for the replies....

Now about armor... just hit 47. I was reading some posts and people were talking about dread guard gear. Is this what I should get next? If so, where do you get it. Do I have to PvP for it? Is it in a daily? I currently have the level 40 PvP gear and so far my story missions arnt giving me anything that is better stats so far. So I am keeping it. I just got to Voss. Should I get better gear there or wait till 50-55? I usually dont come close to dieing... sometimes my pet (Mx one) does... but thats okay he tanks well enought. Should I still be using him? I love his pull and thats why I still use him.. havent tried anyone else really....

Thanks again for any help./...

Well Dread Guard used to be top tier before the expansion hit, now it's really only useful as starter gear in the new endgame content. In fact, if you don't have it already, it's pretty much pointless to farm for it.

That's if you have the expansion pack ofc. If you don't, that's the best you can get, and you get it only through lvl 50 hard mode operations.

Well Dread Guard used to be top tier before the expansion hit, now it's really only useful as starter gear in the new endgame content. In fact, if you don't have it already, it's pretty much pointless to farm for it.

That's if you have the expansion pack ofc. If you don't, that's the best you can get, and you get it only through lvl 50 hard mode operations.

Thanks... I do have the expansion pack... so what should I be looking for once I hit 50? My current level 40 PvP items I think wouldnt be usefull in 50-55 content. Should I rely on my story mission items as replacement? Like I said I am level 47 now and nothing storyline has been better so far... I just dont want to be gimping myself armor wise past 50 if I can do something about it now....

Get orange gear, mod it with modifications from planetary comm vendors. If you can't fill the whole armor, you can probably buy green/blue mods fairly cheap on the GTN. Makeb is not extremely difficult, it's just very packed with mobs (and the packs are big). They do die easily though, so make use of AoE attacks and you shouldn't have too much trouble even with less than optimal gear. If your companion is lacking, just buy green lvl 50 pieces off the gtn, you can gear him up completely for less than 50k usually.

Once you're level 55, you will have to farm dailies for money/commendations, and start working on the flashpoints.