About the smuggler outfit

skaidar

Hmmm how should I start this?

I don't like 95% of the smugglers gear - why all the chest armors are COATS? Seems like you are totally obsessed with the cowboy-ish outfitting, but please, I don't want to play another game where I am forced to wear something ugly just to get the max stats...

Right now I am 41lvl and since 15-16lvl I wear ONLY this chest armor ===> http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=jF7vpKGMzR

because I like it a lot!

So please Bioware, give us some choise in the end-game outfitting and give us something different than coats...

Also why all the cowboy-ish hats cover your whole face? Why not simply a cowboy style hat?

If you agree with me, please comment

Interestingly, I'm wearing exactly this same armor on my Gunslinger, have been wearing it for 24 levels. I like it, but it'd be nice to have some other good options.

I don't mind coats, but the hideous giant collars on the endgame gear drive me nuts. They look stupid, and on top of that they clip with my lekku. I would love to have a coat like the ones Imperial Agents get. I guess I'll have to pick up the one from Cademimu.

What I'd *really* like is an orange version a certain low-level green armor which is basically a blue open jacket (not the sleeveless Han Solo vest).

Im level 50 and avoiding coats from end part of the game as much as I can...

Atm wearing one I found in one of the flashpoints .. think it was Maelstorm Prison (well .. its called [scoundrel Medic's Maelstrom Jacket] ).

http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=ell3qHeHr6

There is always solution, to buy on GTM sentiel's armor, and replace mods with Cunning ones.

I do it a lot on Trooper, Jedi Knight or IA alt.

Atm wearing one I found in one of the flashpoints .. think it was Maelstorm Prison (well .. its called [scoundrel Medic's Maelstrom Jacket] ).

There is always solution, to buy on GTM sentiel's armor, and replace mods with Cunning ones.

This IS a coat dude.....

I found one orange item looking very much like on the GTN =) very happy with that one.

Hmmm how should I start this?

I don't like 95% of the smugglers gear - why all the chest armors are COATS? Seems like you are totally obsessed with the cowboy-ish outfitting, but please, I don't want to play another game where I am forced to wear something ugly just to get the max stats...

Right now I am 41lvl and since 15-16lvl I wear ONLY this chest armor ===> http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=jF7vpKGMzR

because I like it a lot!

So please Bioware, give us some choise in the end-game outfitting and give us something different than coats...

Also why all the cowboy-ish hats cover your whole face? Why not simply a cowboy style hat?

If you agree with me, please comment

I'm using the same jacket as well. I also believe you and I are using the same blaster.

I agree i tried to go for a mor techy look on armors.

I went on to the Imp GTN and bought a load of decent looking armor. sadly when i rebought it off of the Hutt trade network they were just the same old stuff id been wearing as before.

It was an expensive mistake.

While were on aesthetics id love to be able to use other weapons. As were supposed to be space cowboys and all and im sure cowboys also used rifles and shotguns not only pistols.

i feel also that troopers should be able to use all weapons with out penalty, im sure the republic has snipers and the like. Hells reverse grip light sabers Jedi Knights with double bladed, shadows with single blade and so on...

Well lets hope the future brings more customisation... or hells legacy system.

Edited by Comieb

I agree i tried to go for a mor techy look on armors.

I went on to the Imp GTN and bought a load of decent looking armor. sadly when i rebought it off of the Hutt trade network they were just the same old stuff id been wearing as before.

While were on aesthetics id love to be able to use other weapons. As were supposed to be space cowboys and all and im sure cowboys also used rifles and shotguns not only pistols.

i feel also that troopers should be able to use all weapons with out penalty, im sure the republic has snipers and the like. Hells reverse grip light sabers Jedi Knights with double bladed, shadows with single blade and so on...

Well lets hope the future brings more customisation... or hells legacy system.

I'd like customisation as well.

I am happy you share my concern.

Even if there was a way to keep my orange moddable armor on 50lvl with artifact mods and armorings, it will be stupid, I mean it wouldn't look like I am 50lvl...

And again, if you share my thoughts - comment here so we can be heard

i'm a little concerned about the gear design so far for smugglers ...

i.e. i was wearing this in the early 20's ... http://i.imgur.com/8GNdk.jpg , the green tone and the neck/shoulder flair looks OK, i picked it up from the GTN so i don't really know if it will end up as an endgame armor option.

as for helms, the welder's visor was interesting. but compared to the 2 new options, the white jacket and the red "helm" ... a red cap + black cloth mask. http://i.imgur.com/ONP3B.jpg,

it's certainly ... "colour blind man who's about to rob you"

i'm not impressed at all that they went from odd looking winter caps to masks, i imagine it gets much worse at later levels too.

the one thing i like though, which was an accident, there's something actually interesting about corso in a robe, where you can't see his face ... http://i.imgur.com/HMAz1.jpg. jedi gear looks interesting with guns...

I don't wanna be a cowboy either - this is starwars, not bravestarr, after all... Not lvl 50yet, but so far I've managed to avoid the dusters and bad hats; sticking to jackets, pants with corellian bloodstripes and hiding the head slot in general. works, but I's really like some gear that fits the setting better.

how about something like what atton rand wore?

Arg! That's very good to know, thank you for posting.

My smuggler has a cape, and yes is wearing a coat, but it's black and red and looks shiny and it works awesome with my mohawk and cybernetic implants.

I haven't found anything I like since it, I'd link it but dang if I remeber what it's called.

I just keep upgrading it's mods.

Interestingly it seems we're all wearing the same chest piece. Mine is the same, but it has an extra blue led on the mic that is attached to the lapel. I like the extra LEDs as it feels more techy.

I've found some other chest pieces that were a bit.. wow, weaksauce. Mandalorian Raiders drops a chest piece, it seems to be low res and a plain trenchcoat. Not very inspiring so I just ripped the mods and tacked them to the Esseles chest piece.

As for head pieces, like others I got my first 'winter' cap which made me s*****r, then I bought the welder goggles off the GTN as I found them to look better (plus, more LEDs, did I mention I like them?) but Mandalorian Raiders dropped a head piece that was rather decent looking. A pity we cannot lower the flap. And it changes the voice, which was not exactly welcome considering it does not even cover the face.

What I want is the cowboy hat *without* the... flap.. hood... thing... that covers the back of the head when we wear it.

I hate the tails, so I bought an RD-O3A Recon Jacket (Orange/Customizable) and re-slotted it for Gunslinger. Cost me almost 20k but I have zero regrets.

You can customize orange gear from any class that is medium and be gtg. Ctrl-Left-click to preview without buying.

Agree,

I have been looking for something to replace my spider set armour, but have found nothing better in the last 22 levels.

More utility and less showy high level gear would be nice.

Made this thread just before, didn't see this one.

Edited by LongGui

Well supposedly anything you see an NPC wearing can be made/found in the game in an "orange" version. Not sure if that's just lip service or not.

I would love to see a black or white version of the Esseles armor. I've been wearing it for 34 levels now and see myself continuing to wear it even @ 50.

Silver lining is coming I guess... They are finally going to allow you to pull the mods out of our level 50/pvp/raid gear WITH the set bonuses so that we don't have to look hideous.... Just wonder when that patch will actually hit.

Some of the cowboy hats aren't bad but about 90% of the trenchcoats make my stomach turn.