The BattleZone! Demo Match: 4-way Brawl

Aurbere

Alright, I'm going to get to work on the final decision. Considering the kind of battle this is, I think it's best if I supplement the decision with a scenario. Don't expect it soon, though, I have some pretty heavy projects for College this coming week (as if this week wasn't bad enough), so I won't have much time to write the scenario this week.

Anyway, you guys can keep debating if you want. It can only help your case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Where do I submit ideas for matches? Thought of a few while waiting for the verdict, not sure if I just put them here, or PM them to you Aurbere so that if they are chosen, they aren't spoiled?

I generally prefer PMs to keep them secret.

Oh, and I'm going to be posting the final verdict soon. I just have to get everything in order.

OK folks. Here is the final verdict. It's been a long time coming, I know, but better late than never.

Verdict:

There are countless different paths that a battle such as this will go down, and many variations of those paths. The following is my opinion on what the most likely path will be, and who the final winner will end up being.

I want to first get something out of the way: the victor will be determined by Malgus and Traya. More specifically, how long Malgus can survive and who Traya opts to target. While their chances for victory are not as great as those of Vader and Exar Kun, their survivability and choices will determine who the victor ends up being.

The battle will most likely start with Traya finding some way to remove herself from the situation. Traya won’t want to engage in this brawl because she simply doesn’t have much of a chance of winning in such a battle, and this is obviously something she will see. Now while there is a likelihood that she won’t use her Force abilities to disappear, it is her best option, which she will be aware of. So her using concealment techniques to get out of the brawl is the most likely possibility.

While Traya is away, the rest of the combatants will be caught up in the brawl, all the while aware that Traya is lurking somewhere. Yes, it is possible that Malgus could detect her, but it is unlikely that he has encountered an opponent with the level of mastery that Traya has in such techniques. Besides, what exactly is he going to do? It is highly unlikely that he will have the opportunity to do anything to flush her out, barring an accurate, powerful Force Wave.

So the brawl will continue without Traya. In such a brawl, it is unlikely that anyone will gain any real advantage. Yes, Vader and Malgus are naturally experienced in this area, but this is offset by each other’s experience and skill, and Exar Kun’s unorthodoxy, which will throw a wrench into the battle. No one is going to gain any real advantage, but if anybody is going to gain an advantage, it’s going to be Vader. Vader will play conservatively and defensively, while also using his Force abilities to attack Malgus and Kun with various thrown objects.

This brings us to the first determinate factor: who is Traya going to focus on? The decision is between Vader and Kun, as Traya will likely feel that she can deal with Malgus comfortably enough. So Traya has a decision to make. On the one hand, Exar Kun is going to be viewed by her as the more dangerous opponent. On the other hand, she will see that Vader has a few exploitable weaknesses. In the end, her most likely choice is Exar Kun. Kun is simply much better than Traya is in too many ways for her to ignore, and it is likely that she will see Vader’s weaknesses as things she can target at her leisure.

When she attacks, her weapon of choice will most likely be either Force lightning or Force Drain. Backstabbing Exar Kun would be too difficult in such a chaotic situation, and telekinesis would not be effective enough. If she tries Force Drain, she will find her attempt useless and her attack foiled. She could attempt to branch Force Drain to Vader and Malgus, but dividing her efforts in such a manner would not pay off in such a sufficient manner. However, if she uses Force lightning, Exar Kun will be injured by the attack. For the purpose of this explanation, we shall assume that Traya uses Force lightning as it wouldn’t drain her of as much energy, seeing as how Exar Kun is simply far more powerful than she is.

The next phase of the battle is the most difficult to judge, simple because of how difficult it would be to gauge the responses of Traya’s opponents. Would Vader and Malgus go after her? Would one of them cut Kun down while he is vulnerable? Would Traya try to kill Kun while she can?

It is my belief that Traya will attempt to go in for the kill with another blast of Force lightning. However, Exar Kun would defend himself and retaliate with his own attack, telekinetic most likely. Meanwhile, Vader or Malgus would attempt to attack Traya or Kun, but they would find their attempt cut off by the other. This series of events would divide our combatants. Malgus vs. Vader, and Exar Kun vs. Traya.

Exar Kun vs. Traya would go as expected. Though he is injured, Exar Kun is still a more powerful and more skilled warrior. Traya would most certainly hold her own against the injured Kun, but she is still at a significant enough disadvantage that she would eventually be defeated.

On the other end of the field (though relatively in the same place as where they started), Vader and Malgus is a different debate entirely, and also one of the determinate factors. Malgus is unlikely to defeat Vader in single combat, but the gap between them isn’t so wide that Vader would destroy him in moments. So how long will Malgus last? Will he last longer than Traya? The answer to the latter question is ‘yes’. Malgus- while relatively unrefined and more of a brute force fighter than anything else- can keep up with Vader for a good amount of time.

So this comes to a secondary determinate factor- Exar Kun’s next move. While Vader and Malgus fight, Exar Kun has two options: heal up, or charge up a Force blast to attack them. This, interestingly enough, is based on how much of a fight Traya put up. Based on the believed amount of damage Exar Kun will take from Traya’s sneak attack, it is likely that Traya will put up a good fight and do some damage of her own before eventually falling to Exar Kun’s superior Force mastery. Based on this belief, it is likely that Exar Kun will opt to heal himself. By this point, Vader will have finally defeated Malgus, which brings us to the endgame- Darth Vader vs. Exar Kun!

To be more exact, a tired and likely injured Vader vs. a fully recovered Exar Kun. That being said, Vader has immense levels of stamina and endurance, so that point is fairly meaningless. What does matter, however, is the fact that Vader will have seen quite a few of Exar Kun’s tricks by this point, so the battle is not one-sided in the slightest.

As always, the victor of such a battle is not easy to determine. Due to one of Exar Kun’s primary edges being nullified after the majority of this brawl, a lightsaber duel between the two would be fairly even, and Vader has an edge as far as combative Force abilities go. Vader is also physically and mentally superior to Kun. However, Kun’s own Force abilities mitigate all but the mental aspect of this engagement, and actually give him an edge in the physical and Force ability aspects of this battle.

Everything said and done, it is my belief that Exar Kun’s greater Force ability will see him through to victory. Vader simply has no answer to Exar Kun’s esoteric mastery of the Force, and his telekinetic attacks- his greatest strength- is arguably only equal to Exar Kun’s mastery of that field. When Vader forces Exar Kun’s hand, which he most certainly will, Vader will be overwhelmed by Exar Kun’s sheer might.

Exar Kun is the winner.

Thoughts and Conclusions:

It’s never an easy decision, and this was the most difficult yet. My original choice had been Vader. I believed that Vader would win. However, I thought further on it and came to the conclusion that Exar Kun would likely come out the victor. It was a split decision, honestly. Vader could very well beat Kun, but I feel that Kun had the better chance.

Oh, and I’m probably going to write a scenario to properly display this epic battle, so keep an eye out.

With the next Kaggath series coming, I have decided to post matches that really won’t affect the current tournament so that all of you don’t have to worry about debating to the death over who would win. The matches I will post will be demo matches and suggested matches, so stay tuned for the next match!

AURBE WHAT.....WHAT?!

You gotta run this by me again....in what possible way is Kun superior to Vader?....His TK is certainly no match for Vader's, he has probably better knowledge, but that doesn't translate to combative abilities and Vader does have'/use abilities that Kun hasn't faced before aside from Force Blasts which is hardly an I win button and he doesn't use those in combat anyway. Also Kun being better physically?....What? Again....how is Kun Vader's physical superior?...

You should have stuck with Vader.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I have but one question:

How is Kun not exhausted after healing his wounds? Such techniques often seem to leave the user quite exhausted. And as you said, Vader was fighting quite conservatively. Other than that it seems to make sense.

Edited by Silenceo

AURBE WHAT.....WHAT?!

You gotta run this by me again....in what possible way is Kun superior to Vader?....His TK is certainly no match for Vader's, he has probably better knowledge, but that doesn't translate to combative abilities and Vader does have'/use abilities that Kun hasn't faced before aside from Force Blasts which is hardly an I win button and he doesn't use those in combat anyway. Also Kun being better physically?....What? Again....how is Kun Vader's physical superior?...

Kun's telekinetic attacks are at least equal to Vader's, by that I mean his Force Pushes and Waves. Vader is an overall superior telekinetic, but it's not like he's going to be bringing down buildings.

And the Force Blast is not something Vader can counter, and Exar Kun will certainly be willing to use it if pressed.

I only meant that Kun would become physically stronger than Vader, which helps mitigate Vader's massive endurance. Kun can use his Force Rage to become far stronger than Vader, unless you think Vader is 100,000 times stronger than Kun (check with Rayla for the source).

I have but one question:

How is Kun not exhausted after healing his wounds? Such techniques often seem to leave the user quite exhausted. And as you said, Vader was fighting quite conservatively. Other than that it seems to make sense.

This has not seemed to bother him before.

@Wolf, you make it look like I think Kun would stomp Vader. He wouldn't it's a tough fight, but Exar Kun is simply the more likely victor.

Kun's telekinetic attacks are at least equal to Vader's, by that I mean his Force Pushes and Waves. Vader is an overall superior telekinetic, but it's not like he's going to be bringing down buildings.

And the Force Blast is not something Vader can counter, and Exar Kun will certainly be willing to use it if pressed.

I only meant that Kun would become physically stronger than Vader, which helps mitigate Vader's massive endurance. Kun can use his Force Rage to become far stronger than Vader, unless you think Vader is 100,000 times stronger than Kun (check with Rayla for the source).

I haven't seen any TK attacks from Kun that puts his anywhere near Vader's...please show me one, because I haven't seen any, only one I could think of is killing Odan but that's not really saying it makes his TK equal to Vader.

Vader could certainly dodge it and Kun hasn't used them in combat, so why would he do so here?

That whole 100,000 honestly just sounds like a bunch of hyperbole and really, when has it ever come into play during combat? There were instances where it would have been useful to use and it didn't appear.

@Wolf, you make it look like I think Kun would stomp Vader. He wouldn't it's a tough fight, but Exar Kun is simply the more likely victor.

Except he really isn't.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

AURBE WHAT.....WHAT?!

You gotta run this by me again....in what possible way is Kun superior to Vader's Kun's TK is certainly no match for Vader's, he has probably better knowledge, but that doesn't translate to combative abilities and Vader does have'/use abilities that Kun hasn't faced before aside from Force Blasts which is hardly an I win button and he doesn't use those in combat anyway. Also Kun being better physically?....What? Again....how is Kun Vader's physical superior?...

Kun has Force Wave'd 12 Knights and Masters simultaneously ragdolling and/or killing them all, has Vader EVER matched that? oh and when he empowered Kyp, he became strong enough to pull the Suncrusher out of the core of Yavin's sun all the way down to the temple, take that for what you will, but claiming Kun is no match in TK is ludicrous.

You assume far too much from too little, Kun can literally freeze lightsabers inside out whilst active and render them useless, his tendril attacks also were completely of his own power as he was not currently empowering or being empowered by Durron.

Vader certainly does have more direct Telekinetic abilities but in this case I certainly believe that quality triumphs over quantity.

Oh and considering that Nadd enhanced his body with the physical might and endurance of Massassi Warriors and I think combined with Kun's ridiculous Dark Rage abilities then he certainly matches Vader.

Even if he doesn't quite then the Dark Healing he so easily produces likely does more than compensate for this gap

Edited by LadyKulvax

Kun has Force Wave'd 12 Knights and Masters simultaneously ragdolling and/or killing them all, has Vader EVER matched that? oh and when he empowered Kyp, he became strong enough to pull the Suncrusher out of the core of Yavin's sun all the way down to the temple, take that for what you will, but claiming Kun is no match in TK is ludicrous.

You assume far too much from too little, Kun can literally freeze lightsabers inside out whilst active and render them useless, his tendril attacks also were completely of his own power as he was not currently empowering or being empowered by Durron.

Vader certainly does have more direct Telekinetic abilities but in this case I certainly believe that quality triumphs over quantity.

Oh and considering that Nadd enhanced his body with the physical might and endurance of Massassi Warriors and I think combined with Kun's ridiculous Dark Rage abilities then he certainly matches Vader.

Even if he doesn't quite then the Dark Healing he so easily produces likely does more than compensate for this gap

You're using feats when he was a spirit, those aren't applicable here as were using Kun when he was a body. So bringing up these feats is moot.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi