What the point in Vote Kick?

Glower

I have successfully kicked people form WZ's before. Granted they were actually just standing there not doing anything not dancing or sapping/healing. I suppose you could start a kick against but they could just engage in combat and have it cancelled (provided they knew that would cancel it).

I don't really see any changes you could make either. If all you needed was a majority, whether they were engaged with the enemy or not, people would probably start kicking recruits every chance they got. I guess the best way would be for the PvP queue to respect your ignore list but I have no idea how feasible that is.

I dont see a point, you enter into a regular war zone then the player who is paying his own subscription has the right to play his character how ever he wants. If you want to control the player pay his sub then you can tell him how to play in a war zone otherwise play rateds.

I dont see a point, you enter into a regular war zone then the player who is paying his own subscription has the right to play his character how ever he wants. If you want to control the player pay his sub then you can tell him how to play in a war zone otherwise play rateds.

Not entirely true.

Yes, they can level solo or do whatever they want solo, any way they want imo...but once they enter a WZ, they are accepting that they are doing a GROUP activity. Nobody has the right to intentionally **edit** up 7 other peoples game just because they wanna be a **edit**.

Not entirely true.

Yes, they can level solo or do whatever they want solo, any way they want imo...but once they enter a WZ, they are accepting that they are doing a GROUP activity. Nobody has the right to intentionally **edit** up 7 other peoples game just because they wanna be a **edit**.

This.

Dear guy who posted nonsense about paying subs,

That's kindergarten level rationalizing.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The point of Vote Kick is to win the election...

:D

heh :D

Ive seen a team of idiots use it to remove someone that they simply didn't like. And because he was guarding a node, he couldn't get to combat in time to prevent the kick. Disgraceful behaviour by a bunch of idiots who I reported.

And you also right... :(

Edited by Glower

Lol but vote kick works very nice in PVE flashpoints raids etc... Do not you see the contradiction?:rolleyes:

Lol but vote kick works very nice in PVE flashpoints raids etc... Do not you see the contradiction?:rolleyes:

That's PVE, the holy grail of this game - well, right after Cartel Market that is.

PVE'ers get to kick players unsuitable for the team, they get reasonable team compositions automatically, they don't have their gear discontinued every few months or need to trade in the old shells for new gear, they might even get some bugs fixed sometimes, and now they'll get SGR's too - yay!

PVP'ers are only here to pay subs and get screwed. :mad:

I had a horrible run of PVP one day where we were constantly trying to kick a few people (I think it was just the same two or three people each WZ, I wasn't taking names). The first guy ran west with me in Novare Coast. I thought 'great, he can stand node guard while I stealth over to east and screw with them'. Before leaving anyone I don't know to guard though, I always ask in chat 'will you call incs?' because if they don't answer that, they aren't going to call. He waits and waits and waits. I ask again. Finally he says 'sure'. Not too reassuring so I say 'nevermind, seems I can't trust you here alone.'

He then promptly proceeded to wedge himself between the large generator and the building with the capping thing inside of it. I was absolutely SHOCKED by that. I had never seen anyone try to hide themselves from the enemy team before.

I quickly inspected his gear to discover he's wearing all Tionese. I immediately let the team know the guy is hiding and wearing no PVP gear and to please vote kick. I initiate a vote kick with the reason being he's hiding and not playing.

He earns a medal from sitting on the node (where he won't call incs and so can't be left alone) so the vote kick is discontinued. I do it again. Another medal. Again. He suddenly jumps up and runs over to east where he's promptly slaughtered. It was worth a laugh at least, but he came right back to west and wedged himself back into that corner. I vote to kick again and the process repeated.

He was TOTALLY useless and had planned on being totally useless the entire round.

Another one was a guy in lowbie PVP who was guarding a node with me. He was a gunslinger and I was a scoundrel healer. I was like 'great, he can melt their faces off and I'll just keep him going. We'll be great.'

We get attacked. He has NO reaction reflexes AT ALL. I'm being stunlocked repeatedly, my HoTs the only thing keeping me up for a number of assassin mauls. The guy is still sitting behind his cover doing nothing! Assassin goes to cap while I'm stunned and he's doing nothing. I watch him still doing nothing. I use CC breaker and stop the cap, get stunned again and attacked. Finally, with a sliver of health left, he gets out of his cover and flash bangs the assassin. Assassin CC breaks and one stiff breeze from his lightsaber killed me. And while I'm taking the speeder back in, the node is capped - but he's not died, because I was watching for his name to pop up.

So yeah, after letting me die and letting the node get capped - either because of incompetence or being AFK - the team tried to vote kick him. He sat on nodes collecting defender medals, which discontinues the vote kick, and once he couldn't collect anymore of those, he kept running mid to get slaughtered (just like the other guy running east). It made me feel a little better about him letting me die without lifting a finger.

And then there was the guy in Hypergate that wracked up a whopping TWENTY-EIGHT deaths (I had never even seen such numbers before that, the rest of the team all had 5, at most)! We told him to stop running to their pylon, but he kept insisting he could cap it (he was not a stealther). So he kept feeding them kills, screwing up the actual stealthers chance to cap since they had people actually guarding and leaving us undermanned at mid (we had two guarding the node because they had three stealthers rotating around who tried to sap and cap).

In all these rounds we were basically down a man. Heck, having an empty slot would have been preferable because at least then you wouldn't have expected some sort of reaction from a person (and in hypergate, an empty slot does not feed the enemy points).

There should definitely be a way to vote kick successfully for reasons other than AFK. Someone piggybacking on a team actually trying to win (just sitting in a corner, collecting defender medals but not calling incs or doing otherwise stupid stuff everyone tells him to stop doing) is not cool at all and no raid team would put up with it, but us PVPers... screw us.

Edited by Prettyevilish

I disagree with kicking people because they're incompetent. There are a lot of bad people but it's a sliding scale an people have too high of standards and would kick noobs in 100% recruit gear.

You have to put up with the morons who don't know how to play, everybody is like that on their first game. Educate them and put up with the handicap for the match.

And hiding while defending isn't bad play, it's a strategy: call Inc early, let them start their hack, then interrupt 2 seconds before they get it with a stun. The goal is to give your team as much time to arrive as possible (although that guy had other issues too).

Kick is for people who legitimately go AFK or troll which is different.

Your guy was a bad player. I played with a guy who queued wearing no armor. Insulted the entire team for advising him to gear up. Then runs into the middle of every fight trying to fist-fight the enemies.

After all minute ot two he went into gen chat and started telling the enemy what our current disposition was.

When the vote to kick didn't work that became the first and only time I rage quit.

Edited by Kerensk

I don't enjoy getting teamed up with crappy players but it's the nature of the beast so I'm trying to tolerate it and would never suggest that someone should get kicked because of it. However, I came across a guy yesterday who should have been kicked;

Huttball and the guy who has the ball on my team is heading the wrong. way. Fine, you're an idiot for not being able to tell which way to go but it happens so I guess you're not alone and I'll let it pass. He eventually dies, on our side, they score and the whole game goes from 2-0 to 2-4. I guess they became one with the force when they realized that our team was stacked with idiots. I'm fine with them turning the game and my team losing but I will never understand the guy's excuse for going the wrong way. This is what he told us the wife wanted me to do something. Just how does that make up for you going the wrong way? If you can't play you can either leave or don't touch the keyboard. It would have been better if you had died in the middle of the map, you moron.

I disagree with kicking people because they're incompetent. There are a lot of bad people but it's a sliding scale an people have too high of standards and would kick noobs in 100% recruit gear.

You have to put up with the morons who don't know how to play, everybody is like that on their first game. Educate them and put up with the handicap for the match.

And hiding while defending isn't bad play, it's a strategy: call Inc early, let them start their hack, then interrupt 2 seconds before they get it with a stun. The goal is to give your team as much time to arrive as possible (although that guy had other issues too).

Kick is for people who legitimately go AFK or troll which is different.

Your guy was a bad player. I played with a guy who queued wearing no armor. Insulted the entire team for advising him to gear up. Then runs into the middle of every fight trying to fist-fight the enemies.

After all minute ot two he went into gen chat and started telling the enemy what our current disposition was.

When the vote to kick didn't work that became the first and only time I rage quit.

He wasn't masking himself by hiding, he was literally hiding in a place where they wouldn't see him even if they attacked(and if that were the plan, you'd leave the stealther there alone to do it and actually go help your team cap something, you don't need two guarding west). He wanted to sit on the safe node (west is rarely attacked and was only attacked once during this match, and I killed the attacker solo - as a healer, with no help from that Tionese geared guy hiding). And as I said, he clearly wasn't going to call incoming. You're giving him FAR too much credit.

If a person is TRYING to play, I don't care (and I don't think the majority of puggers are going to be super elitists who kick all PVP recruit geared people either, heck as a healer I regularly keep the recruit geared people up over the WH ones because they're trying harder or actually trying to cap instead of pewpewing; even most premades I've met won't kick a recruit geared person unless you are intentionally playing badly while wearing recruit gear). It's the ones that do not try. You can't educate a person to call incomings and not be useless collecting defender medals. You can't educate a person to have reflexes and not sit behind their shield while their healer gets pulverized and they literally do nothing, and then allows a cap with just ONE attacker.

None of the things I listed were situations where it was 'he's new and just doesn't know the ropes yet', as I'd have tried vote kicking far more often if that got under my skin. They were all people being useless or intentionally dragging down the team despite repeatedly being told what they needed to do.

And I fail to see how your naked guy telling the enemy what you were doing was any worse than any of the things I listed. All of them are equally bad and deserve a vote kick. They are all dragging the team down and are not trying to learn how to play. They wanted easy medals and that's all (except the guy rushing their pylon, he got 1 medal, so I'm not sure what he was doing other than just being stupid).

If 7 people vote to kick you... you're probably guilty of something FAR worse than just being a person in recruit gear (even a premade is likely to only have 4, total, so you can't say premades would abuse it either - and most premades that managed to get more than that in will probably not give a rat's booty who the couple pugs are or what they do. The few times my guild managed to get 7 people into the same match we didn't even look at their gear, just distribute orders for our guild, gave suggestions to the pugs for who they could help the most and then never gave them a second thought).

Edited by Prettyevilish