False Emperor: Jindo Krey fight questions

Hi all,

Ran False Emperor last night (normal mode). Was a first time through for all 4 of us in the party, and most of us were pretty poorly geared, but after more than a few wipes we finally beat the whole thing.

Looking back on it, the most confusing fight was Jindo Krey. It was never clear to me whether using the turrets was desirable...yes the ships lob missiles, but the missiles seem to damage the boss also so isn't that a good thing?

Also, at some point the boss got this blue shield around him and was immune to damage. Is there some trick to dropping that? It eventually went off and we killed the boss, but even now I have no idea if it was a timed thing, or if there was some trigger that causes it to drop that we triggered without even realizing it, or what. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Ran False Emperor last night (normal mode). Was a first time through for all 4 of us in the party, and most of us were pretty poorly geared, but after more than a few wipes we finally beat the whole thing.

Looking back on it, the most confusing fight was Jindo Krey. It was never clear to me whether using the turrets was desirable...yes the ships lob missiles, but the missiles seem to damage the boss also so isn't that a good thing?

Also, at some point the boss got this blue shield around him and was immune to damage. Is there some trick to dropping that? It eventually went off and we killed the boss, but even now I have no idea if it was a timed thing, or if there was some trigger that causes it to drop that we triggered without even realizing it, or what. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

This boss is very glitchy but (for me at least) often times glitches in my favor.

What is suppose to happen:

While the ship is forward damage gets periodically increased (200%, 300% and so on until you can't survive it).

Using the panels to attack the ship damages the ship, resets the damage increase, knocks it back, and the boss gets a shield.

Burn through the shield and the ship comes forward.

After 3 hits to the ship, it should die and you can burn down the boss the rest of the way.

What has happened for us the last few times is that the damage increase only happens initially and after you hit the panel the first time you can ignore the ship and just burn the boss down the rest of the way. The missiles only do a high amount of damage when they get the 200-300% damage buff....at 100% they are easily healed through.

Ok that helps.

Just a follow-up question, when you say "burn through the shield," you mean keep attacking the boss like you normally would, even though your attacks keep saying "absorb... absorb... absorb" and aren't physically doing damage to him? That the shield has a certain "hidden" amount of damage it can take, after which it is destroyed?

Once the shield takes enough damage, it will overload. Atleast on hardmode...

Read the tooltip on the shield buff on him and it should tell you.

When I run this on HM, we let the ship get to 200% then kill it. Most of the time it works, however its quite buggy other times. We had it bug out so that we killed the ship once, and it was gone, but still firing missiles at us. we just kept hitting the button a few more times and the ship was gone in less than 30 seconds in the fight.

The way we ended up beating it last night (normal mode) was literally by accident... we had wiped a couple times, were trying to get back in to rez someone and aggro'd the boss and we ran away (figuring it would reset the boss)...only it didn't. The boss followed up completely out of the room and into the hallway outside. Since he refused to respawn like we expected, we just ended up fighting him right there...no turrets, no ship, just a normal tank & spank.

That can't be intended, and we certainly weren't trying to exploit it, we were honestly shocked that the boss didn't reset. Seems strange to have teh whole turret mechanic in place if you can just drag the boss away from teh turrets & ships.

You need to use the turrets otherwise the damage becomes un-healable. Have two people assigned to run to the middle turret only at the start of the fight (need two because of his grapple ability) and throughout the fight (when the ship comes near) until the ship goes down in flames. When the ship is away it puts red circles in the ground which a missile then lands at, if you can get Jindo in that red circle but you just outside it it destroys his shield. If this is not possible then try to DPS the shield down, it will go down eventually and you can continue to damage him. Interrupt any of his abilities you can and that's about it for this fight. Edited by Flain

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

also only use the middle turret panel... leave the others alone... as a healer i stand next to the panel and hit it when gunship comes close again...others fight boss where he spawned from

• 4 years later...
Everyone is better off fighting him straight. It seems the more I messed with the Turret Controls the longer his shield stayed up. I stopped touching the turret controls and let the missiles hit me and he stopped putting up his shield and I used my companion on the role heal and I repeatedly used the kolto stations to keep my companion and me in good health. It worked for me. Why not try it?

Everyone is better off fighting him straight. It seems the more I messed with the Turret Controls the longer his shield stayed up. I stopped touching the turret controls and let the missiles hit me and he stopped putting up his shield and I used my companion on the role heal and I repeatedly used the kolto stations to keep my companion and me in good health. It worked for me. Why not try it?

Because they were talking about tactical, not solo (and four years ago, at that). The damage on solo mode is pathetically low.

Edited by KhirsahRoshah