Darth Marr bug

Achernarrr

i have toon stucked at the start of kotfe story special for party with Darth Marr. and now he is no more in companions list and chapter 1 reset to the beginning. i start it again, run up to the point where i got Marr and stop, exite in my stronghold and lose him again.

i asked my guildmates and one of them has the same bug.

what shall we do now?

From what I know, same thing with every other temporary companion you could have gotten by using this tactic. For example, Acina is no longer available, too.

Which is a shame, because my friend loved to play the game with either her or Marr (RP reasons). Now she can't, and I had to console her after this update happened: due to trauma, she reacts badly when things she loves are taken away from her for no logical reason.

And there is no logical reason behind this fix. It's not listed in the patch notes, and you could have done this little trick to get Marr from as far back as 4.0. And yet, in 5.10.1, they suddenly decided to change it.

Please, reverse this change, if you would be so kind.

• 4 weeks later...
Checked this today following Thursday's patch and it's still not fixed! :mad: Come on BW don't be anti-fun! ;)

I would put money on the fact that our ability to exit the relevant chapter and keep Marr and Acina around was a bug, so "it's still not fixed" is just plain wrong. "It's still mended" is more accurate.

That raises a separate question about whether it *should* be allowed, and quite frankly I don't care one way or another, except to note that it will consume a non-zero amount of developer and QA time to change it, and there's a huuuuuuge list of things that are more important.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Thank you for calling attention to this issue. We didn't really intend to remove the ability to use Marr and others outside of their respective chapters; this was a side effect of solving a bug that would have blocked progression through the Ossus storyline for some players (under certain conditions, the game gets confused about which temporary companion you should have, and chaos ensues).

As some folks have guessed, taking temporary characters out of their chapters was never really an intended or supported feature. But since it didn't really hurt anything or give anyone an unfair advantage, we decided to leave it in when it was discovered.

Given that some of you have put a lot of time into these characters, it is our goal to find a way to give you access to them again. Unfortunately, I can't give an ETA for when that might happen as we still have to ensure that any solution we pursue doesn't risk blocking players' progress elsewhere in the storyline.

Hey folks!

Thank you for calling attention to this issue. We didn't really intend to remove the ability to use Marr and others outside of their respective chapters; this was a side effect of solving a bug that would have blocked progression through the Ossus storyline for some players (under certain conditions, the game gets confused about which temporary companion you should have, and chaos ensues).

As some folks have guessed, taking temporary characters out of their chapters was never really an intended or supported feature. But since it didn't really hurt anything or give anyone an unfair advantage, we decided to leave it in when it was discovered.

Given that some of you have put a lot of time into these characters, it is our goal to find a way to give you access to them again. Unfortunately, I can't give an ETA for when that might happen as we still have to ensure that any solution we pursue doesn't risk blocking players' progress elsewhere in the storyline.

Throw him on the Odessen console?! :)

Thanks! Some time ago I leveled an SI specifically to have Marr as her companion on (what is now) the Star Forge server. Just a couple of Sith roaming the galaxy, being all Sith-y. I named that SI Meandmybuddy (Me and my buddy). Until access to Marr is regranted, Meandmybuddy doesn't have a buddy. :(

Hey folks!

Thank you for the answer. I really would love to have my Marr back, or even better a way of having him on all my toons if I like without bugging anything out. Like Paul said, maybe putting him on the Odessen console would be a way to do it? Anyway, thanks again, we love our Darth Marr!

i have toon stucked at the start of kotfe story special for party with Darth Marr. and now he is no more in companions list and chapter 1 reset to the beginning. i start it again, run up to the point where i got Marr and stop, exite in my stronghold and lose him again.

i asked my guildmates and one of them has the same bug.

what shall we do now?

So does this mean that storyline progress is halted again? I got screwed over with the DvL event because of the KOTFE storyline being bugged, and im afraid to take more characters through the storyline, due to GSF, voice lines, influence, gear and choices being deleted multiple times. And it doubley stinks since they locked the gear I need behind Ossus.

So does this mean that storyline progress is halted again? I got screwed over with the DvL event because of the KOTFE storyline being bugged, and im afraid to take more characters through the storyline, due to GSF, voice lines, influence, gear and choices being deleted multiple times. And it doubley stinks since they locked the gear I need behind Ossus.

No, the OP is trying to make use of what was essentially a bug, where you could exit from a chapter that had a temporary companion (notably Darth Marr or Empress Acina) and keep the companion around for (slightly weird) RP purposes. As Eric notes, it was a bug, and un-fixing(1) it may be difficult, but if you don't want to keep those companions around, your story should work normally.

At the very least, OP's problem is not the one that will stop you continuing.

(1) That is, they fixed the bug that let you keep the companions around as a consequence of something else they fixed, and in fact the bug does no real harm to the game means that it's reasonable to put the apparent behaviour back the way it was. Eric explained that this will take a bit of work, but it is on their list of things to do.

No, the OP is trying to make use of what was essentially a bug, where you could exit from a chapter that had a temporary companion (notably Darth Marr or Empress Acina) and keep the companion around for (slightly weird) RP purposes. As Eric notes, it was a bug, and un-fixing(1) it may be difficult, but if you don't want to keep those companions around, your story should work normally.

At the very least, OP's problem is not the one that will stop you continuing.

(1) That is, they fixed the bug that let you keep the companions around as a consequence of something else they fixed, and in fact the bug does no real harm to the game means that it's reasonable to put the apparent behaviour back the way it was. Eric explained that this will take a bit of work, but it is on their list of things to do.

Ahhh ok. Thanks. Just had many issues with the KOTFE+ onward storyline where companions can not be summoned and thus blocks storyline progress, interactables missing and other storyline points being deleted. Its why I have only taken 1 character through to Ossus sadly. Which makes it worse because they locked the gear behind it lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any ETA now, after a year? :) I understand it is not a high priority thing, but it would be nice to have Darth Marr / Darth Acina back, no matter if it is just reclaim from terminal or if we need to loop through some hoops or even a cartel market unlock.

Also not putting Darth Marr's armor and lightsaber as cartel market items seems almost a bug too by now, we get armor/weapon outfits based on characters which have much less "screen time" than our well liked Sith lord *hint hint*

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks!

so, you gonna fix this or not?

Following this. I'd really like to recover HK-55. Because aren't we all meatbags?

If you want HK-55, you have to purchase the shroud mission, if you didn't already recieve it as the sub reward.

Would also like to see marr back, I created a char just to have hime as a companion, aand now she's moping around miserable becaause her other half is gone *plays little violins*

• 2 months later...
Hey folks!

Can we have Marr back yet? Pretty Please?

I'm heartbroken without him :(

Edited by silviaslack