Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I`m sorry to say this,but instead playing the victims for all these months,you had enough time to reroll in a European or us server a new character,also with the double XP plus rest zone and XP packs you can level up pretty quickly.

they already stated that something will be done,so have faith.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look over there...it's a bump.

..but in all seriousness. I posted this in the Assemble thread.

Hi Eric,

I'm one of the dwindling population of APAC players waiting for a reply to this...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

You know the thread, you know the problem, we have given you alternatives and suggestions for a fix, you have said they're being discussed...and that keeps being said from Bioware staff but nothing is done...and that's not the worst part... if you at the very least explained the hold up to us we'd understand the long wait...because it has been a long wait. You are losing more and more of us everyday...good paying subs.

If you at least gave us a time frame.... ?

What I would like to think is happening at your end is that you are delaying the good news of a server merge till the week before 2.0 to give the new server the boost in the arm it needs and deserves..the influx of people to the news of a merger + the influx returning for the new expansion will quite possibly bring APAC back to what it should be...

...throw us a bone, keeping on telling us you're aware of it and working on it has grown tiring. I have 2 payed subs by the way, one for myself and one for my son, and for both accounts have already pre-ordered Makeb... but we may not last that long to end up playing them.

Please reply

...there has been no reply yet :(

I think once 2.0 hits they will open up the transfer tool since it's working like a charm with the PTS and that was the testing station for it. Only issue now is the price per transfer and what will be left of the community once they open up transfers.

What I would like to think is happening at your end is that you are delaying the good news of a server merge till the week before 2.0 to give the new server the boost in the arm it needs and deserves.

Good news is never delayed. It is usually hinted at in advance or even leaked. Bad news is covered up.

Any solution they inact will still have a negative impact on some people. If they merge into one server some will not be happy with the ruleset. If they close and merge to US, those who like low ping will be upset.

It's more likely that they're just playing a 'suck it and see' approach and hoping the problem will fix itself, but since most people still playing are more intent to cry like babies and make the communities look bad, I sincerely doubt it will.

How is there still no solution provided to the APAC server issues? What are you waiting for?

I got some inside information.....

Bioware has a major problem with a system they have been working on. The system released a particularly nasty condition Bioware has labelled the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint" and is the main reason they are struggling with server mergers. Basically this is a condition in which too many synchronous users at one time merging into one server creates compatibility constraints. As we all know Bioware runs two primary systems, the "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" and the "Well-honed executive liaison system". These two systems are imperitive to proper running of the organisation.

The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" is responsible for day to day tasks, such as development, implementation and testing. And the "Well-honed executive liaison system" handles all the other tasks like billing, customer service, and of course management.

From what I understand, the APAC issue is directly responsible for the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibly constraint"(STICC) and is tied into the "Post operational objectives"(POO). The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system"(COGSS) don’t like "Post operational objectives"(POO) and can only handle so much before complete immersion. Thus in turn before the "Well-honed executive liaison system"(WHELS) can effectively communicate the outcome the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint"(STICC) must be clear of "Post operational objectives"(POO) before either systems will tackle it.

Edited by Yndras

From what I understand, the APAC issue is directly responsible for the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibly constraint"(STICC) and is tied into the "Post operational objectives"(POO). The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system"(COGSS) don’t like "Post operational objectives"(POO) and can only handle so much before complete immersion. Thus in turn before the "Well-honed executive liaison system"(WHELS) can effectively communicate the outcome the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint"(STICC) must be clear of "Post operational objectives"(POO) before either systems will tackle it.

... Uhhh... I... hmmm... well...

I need booze...

I got some inside information.....

Bioware has a major problem with a system they have been working on. The system released a particularly nasty condition Bioware has labelled the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint" and is the main reason they are struggling with server mergers. Basically this is a condition in which to many synchronous users at one time merging into one server creates compatibility constraints. As we all know Bioware runs two primary systems, the "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" and the "Well-honed executive liaison system". These two systems are imperitive to proper running of the organisation.

The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" is responsible for day to day tasks, such as development, implementation and testing. And the "Well-honed executive liaison system" handles all the other tasks like billing, customer service, and of course management.

So what's the solution? Surely other MMO providers have encountered problems similar to this when it comes to server mergers.

So what's the solution? Surely other MMO providers have encountered problems similar to this when it comes to server mergers.

Perhaps if they remove the POO from the STICC, they can then remove the STICC from the COGSS, and the WHELS can operate freely.

Just a guess tho.

Edited by Yndras

It's more likely that they're just playing a 'suck it and see' approach and hoping the problem will fix itself, but since most people still playing are more intent to cry like babies and make the communities look bad, I sincerely doubt it will.

Paying customers are entitled to complain when they aren't getting what they pay for. So stop with this whiny cry baby nonsense already.

Paying customers are entitled to complain when they aren't getting what they pay for. So stop with this whiny cry baby nonsense already.

Complaints are handled by Bioware's "Universal Response For All Community Enquires"(URFACE) policy.

Edited by Yndras

So let me get this straight

EA/Bioware are up to their COGSS in POO which of course means the WHELS are neck deep as well. Hence the need for a big STICC to dig themselves out...of the POO.

While I admit that the WHELS being neck deep in POO is a somewhat attractive option, whacking them with a STICC to get the POO off seems even better.

EA/Bioware executive team please step forward, I volunteer to get you out of the POO by wacking you with a STICC...all while shouting

OUT OUT YOU DEMONS OF STUPIDITY!!

Cognitive Dissonance Therapy meets Dilbert

Edited by Sildanar

If anyone is making the community look bad it's you. Repeating the same meta-whine in every post doesn't elevate you above the people attempting to improve this game in APAC (or at least get some small amount of information) in fact quite the opposite. Stop trying to derail this genuine attempt to improve the game, it's bordering on trolling imho.

If anyone is making the community look bad it's you. Repeating the same meta-whine in every post doesn't elevate you above the people attempting to improve this game in APAC (or at least get some small amount of information) in fact quite the opposite. Stop trying to derail this genuine attempt to improve the game, it's bordering on trolling imho.

Genuine attempt to improve the game = 8 months ago. IIRC, back in July, when me and a few friends (including the OP of this thread) on Master D started to ask for help, the horde of APAC trolled us pretty hard to stop whining - by the way, we've all since quit or rerolled. It was only in September-ish when things started getting really bad that these ****heads who told us to stop whining changed their minds and started to side with us.

Now it's been close to a year. This thread is no longer an attempt to improve the game. It is ridiculous whining by people in an abusive relationship. There are pro-active solutions such as unsubbing, rerolling or whatnot.

"Fix the server or...or....else we'll bump this thread!"

Genuine attempt to improve the game = 8 months ago. IIRC, back in July, when me and a few friends (including the OP of this thread) on Master D started to ask for help, the horde of APAC trolled us pretty hard to stop whining - by the way, we've all since quit or rerolled. It was only in September-ish when things started getting really bad that these ****heads who told us to stop whining changed their minds and started to side with us.

Now it's been close to a year. This thread is no longer an attempt to improve the game. It is ridiculous whining by people in an abusive relationship. There are pro-active solutions such as unsubbing, rerolling or whatnot.

"Fix the server or...or....else we'll bump this thread!"

So why are you still in this thread? You and Allie both seem convinced this thread is pointless in fact it seems to be causing you both distress, you both talk the good talk about getting on with it and being proactive, take your own advice.

So why are you still in this thread? You and Allie both seem convinced this thread is pointless in fact it seems to be causing you both distress, you both talk the good talk about getting on with it and being proactive, take your own advice.

Two reasons:

1) every once in a while one of my old friends who recently unsubbed comes to find me on Bastion from this thread.

2) The longer people continue to play on APAC, the longer the Devs will hold off on doing something about the servers because it looks like people will keep paying $$ and playing no matter what. A mass exodus at this stage is more likely to get the Devs to do something.

Two reasons:

1) every once in a while one of my old friends who recently unsubbed comes to find me on Bastion from this thread.

2) The longer people continue to play on APAC, the longer the Devs will hold off on doing something about the servers because it looks like people will keep paying $$ and playing no matter what. A mass exodus at this stage is more likely to get the Devs to do something.

So...

1/ No point in me addressing this.

2/ So you're here in this thread to instigate a mass exodus? If that happens they will just close APAC servers down, problem solved in a way I suppose. I don't agree with your logic about people continuing to play.

When the population gets so bad the game isn't fun anymore or they close the APAC servers (can't handle high ms) then I'll just quit, no thread, no petition, I'll just stop playing. Until then, while the game is still fun, I'm going to try and make it more fun with my sad little bumps of this thread.

PS. It's arrogant to assume your "before it was cool" attempt 8 months ago was genuine while the people asking now are not, who made you arbiter?

Now I'm derailing this myself I'm going to slink off. :)

So...

1/ No point in me addressing this.

2/ So you're here in this thread to instigate a mass exodus? If that happens they will just close APAC servers down, problem solved in a way I suppose. I don't agree with your logic about people continuing to play.

When the population gets so bad the game isn't fun anymore or they close the APAC servers (can't handle high ms) then I'll just quit, no thread, no petition, I'll just stop playing. Until then, while the game is still fun, I'm going to try and make it more fun with my sad little bumps of this thread.

PS. It's arrogant to assume your "before it was cool" attempt 8 months ago was genuine while the people asking now are not, who made you arbiter?

Now I'm derailing this myself I'm going to slink off. :)

Yeah, a mass exodus either to Dalborra or to US/EU server. Once they see the RP/PVP servers are dead, they will do a server merge.

It's been 8 months since MDN has been dying. 2.0 is coming out. I've got BiS toons with high level legacy and valor stuck on MDN. I wish I could continue the story with him in 2.0 but guess what? I could invest another 50 hours leveling and getting the new gear, and what will I be left with? Stranded on a dead server? Bioware played our hands and now I just want a solution. Complaining on the forums has failed. Time for drastic measures.

There are comments, there are complaints, and then there is whiny cry baby nonsense. There is a distinguishible difference betweent three. Whilst this thread began with comments and complaints, it has more recently become whiny cry baby nonsense. People posting walls of texts full of expletives towards Bioware (which are removed, mostly because they are reported by other users), accusations against Bioware's motives which no one here actually has any proof of other than circumstantial, a complete and utter lack of understanding as to what the issues behind the scenes may be (there could be unknown technical problems, contractual, legal issues even that they are just not going to tell you about), or attacking people just for having a difference of opinion fits in this category.

I was quite happy when people came here to ask for updates in a calm and mature manner, sadly though not everyone learnt how to ask things politely of formulate an appropriate response.

As for the post further down as to why I'm still here. I get bored at work, need something to occupy my time. Coming here and providing a different point of view is often amusing. Originally it was to stand up for those who I knew couldn't or didn't post here who didn't agree with the merge proposal, but lately we've mostly all decided to give up and just move to other servers.

And as for making the community look bad, honestly I really don't care anymore. I used to when I still enjoyed playing on Gav, and I put a lot of effort into trying to turn the server around planning server events, updates etc. But you know, when it all gets thrown back in your face, taken advantage of, accused of things that just aren't ture and everything just becomes some massive drama for no particular reason, I stopped giving a stuff. I think most would.

As for the post further down as to why I'm still here. I get bored at work, need something to occupy my time. Coming here and providing a different point of view is often amusing. Originally it was to stand up for those who I knew couldn't or didn't post here who didn't agree with the merge proposal, but lately we've mostly all decided to give up and just move to other servers.

So your even admitting that you are trolling.

And as for making the community look bad, honestly I really don't care anymore.

You cared enough when you were accusing other people of it yesterday.

Now you've admitted you're just a troll it all makes a lot more sense though. Sad. :rolleyes:

Edited by SpannersSF

This thread is the highest viewed thread in the General Discussion forum by about 40k views and the highest responded thread by nearly double the posts of the next highest thread, BUT NOTHING HAS STILL BEEN DONE! :(