Begin Your Journey

CourtneyWoods

In our new series of “Quick Start Guides,” Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Social Media Coordinator Eric Musco helps new players to better understand certain aspects of the game. The first installment in this series, “Begin Your Journey,” will guide players through the process of creating your first characters.

Watch Now

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that video won't play in the latest version of Firefox.

Not playing in IE either for meh.

EDIT: I WANT THIS VIDEO BW! I WANT TO HEAR THE VOICE OF ERIC MUSCO!

Is it Smooth? Silky? Deep? High? Low? Could he double for Barry Manilow? My mind is burning with all of these questions and I WANT TO KNOW!

Edited by Failstar

In our new series of “Quick Start Guides,” Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Social Media Coordinator Eric Musco helps new players to better understand certain aspects of the game. The first installment in this series, “Begin Your Journey,” will guide players through the process of creating your first characters.

Watch Now

Would it be possible to find out if the legacy system will allow retro active changes to racial/character attributes. I only ask because I personally have been wanted to create a few alts but have been waiting until the details of the legacy system are announced. Rumor has it you can unlock new races and I wouldn't want to miss out.

Begin your journey by encountering new and interesting bugs in the client code. Then spend hours a day emailing information about these bugs to customer service till they decide to fix the issue and making 3 other things break providing new content in the form of bugs to hunt down and report. This process ensures unlimited content in the foreseeable future as our community becomes the driving force behind these content expansions.

Goodness, some of you posters would whine about a million dollars.

On topic: This is a solid, informative video well narrated by Mr. Musco that covers the basics for beginners - exactly what it is designed to do. Looking forward to the others marked "coming soon".

Goodness, some of you posters would whine about a million dollars.

On topic: This is a solid, informative video well narrated by Mr. Musco that covers the basics for beginners - exactly what it is designed to do. Looking forward to the others marked "coming soon".

dont worry the others will come about 2 and a half months after everyone has already learned about it themselves

People need a tutorial to explain how to create a character? Well I'll be.

TOR has a lot and I mean a lot of first time MMO players....I have met quite a few who are Star Wars Fans and might have played KOTOR but nothing since then..it's a good thing for them.

Progressing down the light or dark path of the force will not ultimately determine your destiny in the game.

It will allow you to use certain light/dark side gear at some point, but this video makes it out like people should really think before choosing a light or dark option, and that isn't the case.

Maybe some NPC admonishes you for doing something, but so what? Your destiny is ultimately determined by the class that you play and/or the choices that you make at any given time.

The class story doesn't really change for light or dark characters, it just has some different dialogue.

Just play, people. Light and dark don't matter that much, and if you are ultimately playing a darker character, the dark points will come, and if you are lighter, then you will move towards the light.

Those points from the other faction do not amount to anything in the long run, and most certainly do not determine your destiny*.

If you want to be light then be light, sure, or the same for dark, but no one should ever feel bound by those choices, and I encourage everyone to shut that option off in preferences and just let things happen.

* Except maybe for Jedi and romance options, but they weren't really talking about that.

Edited by Mithros