Quest: Number One with a Bullet

Valefor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this with Torian as a powertech (full pyro spec). I had absolutely no problems with this fight. In fact the entire final mission on board the Founder I found somewhat too easy.
Well duh. The problem comes from shield spec PTs in which they outheal your damage and you can't interrupt them fast enough since they just chain heals on each other. Fight goes something like this -

Supreme Guard 1 attempts heal. You interrupt. They attempt their second heal. You interrupt that as well. First heal is off cooldown so they attempt that as well. You interrupt for the third time. He gets healed to full anyway because you weren't also paying attention to Supreme Guard #2.

Fighting them as a shield spec PT is an extreme chore as you have to pay meticulous attention to both of them at the same time and constantly interrupting them with precise timing - a single mistake and you have to start over, considering all of your interrupts are on cooldowns ranging from 6 seconds to 1 minute, while theirs they can chain heal.

The other option is take a DPS companion and try to DPS one down. Most likely you'll die but with one down the other one will go down easy.

Either way it's an extremely poorly designed fight that is near impossible for shield spec PTs to win in a fair way.

Edited by hulkweazel

Well duh. The problem comes from shield spec PTs in which they outheal your damage and you can't interrupt them fast enough since they just chain heals on each other. Fight goes something like this -

Supreme Guard 1 attempts heal. You interrupt. They attempt their second heal. You interrupt that as well. First heal is off cooldown so they attempt that as well. You interrupt for the third time. He gets healed to full anyway because you weren't also paying attention to Supreme Guard #2.

Fighting them as a shield spec PT is an extreme chore as you have to pay meticulous attention to both of them at the same time and constantly interrupting them with precise timing - a single mistake and you have to start over, considering all of your interrupts are on cooldowns ranging from 6 seconds to 1 minute, while theirs they can chain heal.

The other option is take a DPS companion and try to DPS one down. Most likely you'll die but with one down the other one will go down easy.

Either way it's an extremely poorly designed fight that is near impossible for shield spec PTs to win in a fair way.

I'm a shield tech. In fact, almost entirely shield tech. Used Mako. Easy fight, had zero problems. Maybe get some better gear?

I'm a shield tech. In fact, almost entirely shield tech. Used Mako. Easy fight, had zero problems. Maybe get some better gear?
Try again. I was geared up at the time from doing a lot of FPs and questing. I was also Cybertech so I had mods. Considering there are a ton of other shieldtech PTs that also had problems with the fight, I'm definitely not alone here. Either you're lying, you're an absolute pro with interrupts or you got lucky.

I just finished this over the weekend. I'm a merc with full heal spec geared out ok for not doing any war zones. I had tons of problems with this. I want these guards heals!

Ok now for how I did it. The first night I had tons of problems died way too many times and was just about to break everything on and in my computer when I fleet passed out of the whole thing and shut down. I tried every companion I had nothing worked.

The next day I crunched a few numbers and looked over Mako's gear. She was a bit under geared for that so, instead of throwing tons of creds away to repair bills I took a trip to the market and fixed her gear.

I went back to the ship; got back to the insane insta heal super guards and fought for my life. The best advise has already been given. Use your interupts wisely, do not go into this fight thinking it will be like most of the others. Be smart and grind them down; it takes a bit of cool headed judgement but, it can be done.

And I want to pat myself on the back, I did not use a buddy's help and I sure didn't use any bugs or glitches to bring them down.

Welp, it would have been "Easy" if I didn't have the guard respawn bug :p.

I had x3 kills of that guy in the room with loot markers on 3 dead corpses and he still kept coming back. I can't think of any Story Area that had NPC's respawning as it is so yea, I'm chalking that one up to a bug that not everyone (or just me) is lucky enough to get.

I had a couple of class quest bugs that were in my favor such as NPC's just dying without a hit in The Manderlorian Killer but not everyone saw that either (or reported it anyway).

Point being is some of the odd ball stuff seen isn't necessarily consistent for everyone so to argue about how easy it is or not becomes pointless.

BTW - Just noticed on my load screen it still says Chapter 3 Public Enemy and I have to kill the Replublic's Supreme Guard. Hmmm... thought that was over and everyone lived happily ever after.

Edited by Only-a-Lad

• 2 weeks later...

Quest not bugged?? Please, don't make me laugh...

I've tried it about 50 times with all my pets and the result is always the same: I concentrate in one of them, interrupt, interrupt, shoot shoot... and when he's almost dead I see the "Cannot see the target" message, so I can't attack him anymore... he heals... I die...

I am PT 50 and no, I dont have a full gear 'cause I'm casual player... I will try again this afternoon if I find a friend... if dont I must abandon this "funny" bugged quest.

This quest is not tested at all and it makes this game even worse than I was thinking over this two months...

Edited by Elgoindy

I can't believe this quest caused anyone problems...I was coming on here to ask how come after fighting a jedi master I had to this mission. It seemed like I was in a LOTR extended scene ending where nothing really happens but the movie took a little extra longer.

This may well be a game ending situation for me. I've tried everything to get past the supreme guard but to no avail. None of the tricks mentioned above work for me. I have one other thing I can do but if that doesn't work I'm just gonna call it quits with this game and move on. Right now I'm stranded on this rock until my fleet pass renews in 5 hours. When the time finally arrives, I will reset the quest and try to enlist the help of a buddy to complete the mission. It will be interesting to see if this works out after all. In the past, I would just level up and come back to defeat enemies but I'm at level 50 now and there is no getting stronger.

this mission is a nighmare for me, havnt had much if any trouble with any quest up till this one. and i just cant get it done, cant even kill one of the gaurds, tried all my companions and cant get the job done, and of course now that i need help no one seems to be in a gelping mood.....

This was pretty upsetting I was not used to dying to two Mobs. The spam heal is way out of control.

After two attempts with Blizz and Torian I went with Mako.

I set all her skills to auto. I aimed her at one guard and set her to attack. I grappled the other, got him with a rocket punch and ran backards firing on him through a couple rooms.

it may work better to just tag him with explosive dart and jut run until Mako is 40% health.

I set her to passive and then turned her on th guard I had kited. With well timed interupts, by the time the other caught up the guard was at 1k health and a vent heat followed by a unload and rocket punch finished th job. On thier own the guards are pretty week since you can keep them from healing.

Hope this helps anyone having a problem.

So..

I am unable to defeat the Supreme Guards, they seem to be overly spamming the healing ability. I have tried to CC them as much as possible and use my different companions to no avail.

I am unable to return to other areas and I am unable to proceed, effectively I am stuck.

Please explain to me how I am supposed to defeat these clearly overpowered/bugged NPC's so I can continue to play this game. Google/forums are of no help.

PS: If your only going to laugh/troll then whatever, but thats not going to help me.

what the? Just concussion missle the first, nuke the other? Can't understand why people have trouble with the class quests. I never died during any of my quests.

daishixlt

How the **** do you get off this ship.

I cant for the life of me do this gosh darn quest. I have tried everything. I just can not do this. Why cant I leave?

Go to the beginning of the quest where the horse you rode in on being the shuttle is docked. It should be the only one not blowen to kingdom come. There should be a door in front of that shuttle walk to it. Then there is another door it should have a Bounty Hunter hanger icon on it or a alluminum falcon icon. Click on it to exit this instance.

Yeah they chain heal like mad and if one knocks back and you run back the other knocks back as well. I've never had them act like this before and even my Merc could take them out but can't do it for the life of me on my Powertech. Even submitted a ticket on it only for " Customer Service " to close the ticket and delete it and not even respond to the issue in 2 days.

This quest is *********** ********. At lvl 50, with all my abilities, and Shieldtech, I cannot manage this! I cannot out DPS these stupid heals. I have tried Mako, Gault, and Torian to no avail. Im also encountering a bug in which mobs from around the ship that I havent killed come running to help the 2 mobs. However, Im seeing niether of the guard named... but I havent paid close attention to the name plates, as I am trying to NOT die... :mad: This quest makes the last Commando quest look like a cake walk and a half... its ********... :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

found a decent method as a 49 Powertech specd for tank.

Both guards were pulling as soon as I entered the room. I hit the left one with Electro Dart, then walk backwards, hitting the one of the right with any ranged attack i had as mako healed/dps'd the one of the left. as soon as I could I used grapple to pull the one I was fighting (right side) back farther.

using this method, they couldn't heal each other and interrupting the heals was easy.

• 3 months later...
If you're a merc, use concussion missile, and crush the one guy while the other one goes looking for an Excedrin. If you're burn down one hard, timing your stuns and interrrupts to make sure he never lands a heal. The other guy will throw some heals, but you should be able to outpace his healing with your damage. Consider using a stim/adrenal to push your output over the edge. If that's not working for you, leave, go do the Belsavis Bonus Series, and come back when you've got the level 51 barrel in your weapon.

I cheated and married a gamer chick. I am full tank PT, and she is heals IA. We used 2 melee DPS companions and smoked the fight.

Sorry you are having a hard time, sucks you can not leave the ship ... seems like a bug to me.

I had not problems, but I'm always way overleveled for the quests I do.

I hit lvl 50 on Voss and put my class quests to a rest, did some fps, got full tionese (a bit of columi, exotech).

I know this doesn't help you, but I had no problems with any quests

Edited by Never_Hesitate

• 5 weeks later...
This fight is easy, if you don't fight. I put Kolto Shell on Blizz, shielded myself, then sent Blizz in to hold aggro on the Larrot and the other one. Then I ran to the pod door and clicked it. I assume the two guards get sucked into space, 'cause the fight ended. Then just click the pod door again and you're done. :rak_03:

Not sure if this quest has been nerfed etc, but i did it last night lvl48 with mako , powertech, with sheild tech spec, tried twice in the same room as the encounter but couldnt keep up with the interupts, so i aggrod one, keeping companion passive until i went into the escape pod room nextdoor, just in the doorway to the left, and managed to burn him, and keep interupted, the other one comes in the room but from the bottom door that blocked to player chars and doesnt help in the fight much, killed one got killed, then finished the last off after a revive.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried this part of my quests and I guess I just suck and should stop playing because it's not as easy as some of the previous posters say it is. I'm not going to say it's impossible to complete but it's extremely difficult. Either that or I got my toon specialized incorrectly. Mako can't keep up with the heals and Gault can't keep up with the damage. I'm not looking for a cake walk but I'd like to see some sort of opening where there's a chance without using a bug or exploit.

18 times tried.18 times died...

• 1 month later...