** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

I just finished my Ilum weekly on Dark Reaper, took maybe 2 or 3 hours with crashes and lag. Im republic btw. Its working fine for all of us.

I envy you, yesterday was all broken on my server.

I will try again this evening just to check it's still not working.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of fact, Ilum was actually fun today. The turrets work which keeps the zerg away from the base. We managed to knock out the entire Imp forces at least three or four times. Many people on both sides were splitting off to battle it out on the control points, its the first time it felt like real war.

I'm not a fanboi, but I've been patient all this time with issues the game has had. I've enjoyed the game up to now, but this has just gone too far. 30 mins in an ops just now killing Reps and I am still 0/30. If this isn't fixed very soon I will have no choice but to play another game, this has broken it for me.

Kai-kan server.

Killed about 10 reps last night. 2 Solo kills, non counted. According to the people responses and unusually low Ilum population, it seems like there were no kills counted at all. So there were like 20-30 imps swooping mid and some rare reps appearances.

ILum daily/weekly is nearly impossible to complete now. Greatest fix ever.

Hex Droid Server.

Went to Illum killed about 20 reps none counted.

Someone suggested you need to die so I went inside Reps base to die.

Rezzed, killed another 10 still no count. Time passed more than one hr.

Transferred to Illum 2 went to our base all kills counted...

Maybe going to a "safe" area fixed the bug no idea.

Also out or 12 wins in wz yest 4 counted.

So to do the 2 dailies you need if you are lucky about 4-5 hrs a day...

1st fix this and then fix whaever else you want. Test it make sure it works and then give a patch. No more excuses this has taken too much time.

Thank you

Have you idiots ever considered actually testing this crap before you spew it out?

With every screwup, that patience gets spread thinner and thinner.

+1.

And please, fanboyz, stop staying "have you created a char on PTS ?".

Seriously, they are a bunch of guys behind SWTOR. And no one is testing his submit before the live. This is a shame. Now, you must be proud.

I'm bored by the "most amazing PVP creator of the mmo industry"... this sentence is everyday the cause of the biggest facepalm of the galaxy.

I'm sure it's been said a bunch... you can log out and log back in to clear the bug.

Yeah re-read some of the posts. That isnt working. Especially on Ajunta Pall. We haev logged out and back in We have closed and restarted the client. Some people even restarted their computers... Nothing...

Do you really think people would not have tried that?

We all should thank BW for being so innovative at PvP.

After introducing the new Capture the Lag mode in Lolum, we have the Ghost Kills.

But no official statement, solution, estimated dates or simply recognizing that there is an issue. At this point, that would be a nice start, while not a solution. We need to know that at least they are aware and working of it.

After introducing the new Capture the Lag mode in Lolum, we have the Ghost Kills.

But no official statement, solution, estimated dates or simply recognizing that there is an issue. At this point, that would be a nice start, while not a solution. We need to know that at least they are aware and working of it.

I agree... *** are we paying these people for if all they do is continually BREAK the game?

The fact that this sint even being acknowledged by them shows you how serious they take the paying customer.

There have been two mod posts in this thread acknowledging the issue, see the devtracker.

That doesn't mean it isn't a major issue - I was expecting a patch today to be honest, or at least tomorrow?

I reckon they don't test anything they implement. There is no excuse for the number of bugs their patches introduce.

Nevermind the fact that this patch was on test realm for awhile before it came out? I guess nobody tested the patch?

Oversights happen. Bioware has fixed TOOOOONS of bugs and the game has only been out a month. More than any other MMO I've seen, so yeah.

Oversights happen. Bioware has fixed TOOOOONS of bugs and the game has only been out a month. More than any other MMO I've seen, so yeah.

They've noted in the patch notes that they've fixed a ton of bugs. As to how many have actually been fixed, it's probably significantly lower...

works fine for me.

Well then, BW should just stop workin on it and move on to something else. The thousands of people its not workin for can just stand behind you and watch you play the game.

And as of 7:16am kills still aren't working.

Edited by TheFreshBrew

Went yesterday into ilum.

(Illum Instance 1)

Killed around 17 imps in roughly 30 minutes (and died a few times)

No zerg around so these should have been "fresh". None counted.

Switched to illum instance 2.

There was a huge Zerg, of which i was not a part off. Got a count for every kill and leech i did. Roughly after 96 kills it got slower...died once and went up to 125. Died again. Can't say if this did reset or we killed the targets too often. But everything seemed like always.

Anyway after 1 hour (total 1.5h with illum1) the weekly quest was done.

If anyone asks me, there is a bug which breaks the whole illum instance. For my Server 1.

Last night I got to ilum and was having the same problem with getting no credit. Killed around 20 people and never received valor or an update to my quests. There were people in CA camping armament crates sometimes 3 or 4 people standing waiting on one box. Every crate spawn had someone standing at it.

Then something magical happened. Everyone in the zone was kicked to their character selection screen. Coming back into the game I killed the same smuggler that I had killed 10 times or so and he finally counted towards my quest and I received valor. Everyone in general chat was saying they were getting credit for kills and people rejoiced. I guess they hotfixed our server or something. Soon after that I guess the word spread and ilum 2 opened and then ilum 3. I think were close to a 4th. Seemed like whatever they had changed had been reverted back to how it was before the patch.

So why in the hell would they ever release that patch in the first place? Unless they just do not test anything before it goes live. Seeing as how the patch was only on the ptr like 2 days I tend to think they test nothing. The UI is atrocious. You suck bioware.