Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

Operatives and scoundrels are faaaar from OP. I am yet to die to a solo operative even if it is popping adrenals/expertise bonuses etc. purge the initial stun, pop your defensive relics and they take you down to max 50% hp with the burst. From there you can just laugh at them because outside the burst their damage is pathetic. Stop crying about a class that is 100% ok just because you don't have geared up or play poorly. Sure, they can be dangerous to an undefended healer, but then that is the teams fault not the class balance.

You Sir win the internet.

The main issue being that all these people who don’t understand the weakness of OP/Scound come on here and QQ. If Bioware listen and nerf them then if will just become a sorc/inq fest in pvp.

Lets just hope that Bioware look at their metrics and don’t just listen to these crying children.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Sir win the internet.

The main issue being that all these people who don’t understand the weakness of OP/Scound come on here and QQ. If Bioware listen and nerf them then if will just become a sorc/inq fest in pvp.

Lets just hope that Bioware look at their metrics and don’t just listen to these crying children.

Somewhere someone was reading me a list of planned changes in 1.1 I'm not sure where it came from.

The smuggler and scoundrel section he showed me had a bunch of changes like the wording of different abilities and talents. The only real skill change was for the shared smuggler ability of flash grenade, changing it's coodown to 60 seconds. (It is currently a minute and a half.)

Unfortunately I don't have a link to proove it... but it looks like Bioware hasn't decided to nerf us. In fact... they are buffing us. ;)

The mere fact this thread is 101 pages supports the claim that they are indeed OP. May I also mention the numerous threads that redirect back here as well. You all saying they do not need a nerd are ridiculous. How is it even fun when the game isn't a challenge for your class?

All this 101 pages prove is there are a lot of lazy a** people that can't play their class and don't want to spend the time learning to beat Operatives and Scoundrels. Take your whooping and move on it happens to all of us.

All this 101 pages prove is there are a lot of lazy a** people that can't play their class and don't want to spend the time learning to beat Operatives and Scoundrels. Take your whooping and move on it happens to all of us.

Learn to beat? Are you kidding? It's boolean:

Trinket on CD = certain death

Trinket not on CD = you MIGHT be lucky enough to get away and fight with 50% of your health.

Any of you who think that's okay are funny. But whatever... who cares about balance in a game that can't even make PvP playable due to performance issues in WZs.

Why? This is what apparently some of you want, I just believe the stun/burst needs to be separated, bring it in par with other burst classes.

And this is what I am bringing up, if you want more for your class, feel free to talk to bioware/post on the forums and start a discussion.

You shout it's not OP, but when I suggest other burst classes have a similar ability, suddenly you sing a different tune and come out with ridiculous scenarios ?

Self denial much ?

If you want an opener that can also stun so bad, why don't you just roll a scoundrel? Your problem is basically that you want your jedi shadow to also have a stealth opener that can also stun. They are two different classes with different advantages.. I wish that I could get some of the abilities a shadow has on my scoundrel but I can't because they are different classes and the play style is different. As soon as you learn to accept that, the faster you can move on. I am leveling a Jedi Shadow at the moment by the way, because my scoundrel is my healing Main. I Won't dps on my scoundrel until Bioware introduces dual builds. My Jedi Shadow will be my main rogue dps class and I'll do just as good on it as I did on my scoundrel when I was dps specced while leveling, if not better because of some of the extra utility that shadows get.

I don't know in mostly pvp gear as a healer I fear range mercs/trooper more then OP/Smugglers

CC break or Shield Prob tend to allow me to just kite them with HoTs on me

As a healing specced scoundrel I will agree. Most of the players in the game that aren't bad will agree that they aren't hard to deal with, especially healers. It's just a few of the very vocal and very bad forum minority that claim that they are OPd. I'm more afraid of Vanguards/Powertechs and the ranged dps classes in this game than I am of the rogue type classes. Vanguards/Powertechs are really hard to deal with and they tend to kill a few people before groups are able to bring them down. They do a lot of damage and have a lot of survivability, yet I don't see any posts on the forums complaining about them. Why is that? Could it be the the majority of the complainers are actually BHs/Troopers that don't want any other class to compete with them?

Edited by Chaos_Distortion

Ops/scounds eat pt's and sorcs.

Rofl, this is a blatant lie. Those are the classes I had the most problems killing when I was a dps specced scoundrel. Sorcs/Sages eat my lunch and Powertechs/Vanguards are nearly impossible for me to kill if they are any good. Only way I could kill Powertechs/Vanguards (When I was still dps specced at 50.) was if I strafed them and they happened to be a terrible player that doesn't know how to move and probably keyboard turns. If I ran across a good Powertech/Vanguard, I usually couldn't bring them below half health, so I just stealthed and ran away. I also had problems with good Jedi Guardians and even Sentinels.

Rofl, this is a blatant lie. Those are the classes I had the most problems killing when I was a dps specced scoundrel. Sorcs/Sages eat my lunch and Powertechs/Vanguards are nearly impossible for me to kill if they are any good. Only way I could kill Powertechs/Vanguards (When I was still dps specced at 50.) was if I strafed them and they happened to be a terrible player that doesn't know how to move and probably keyboard turns. If I ran across a good Powertech/Vanguard, I usually couldn't bring them below half health, so I just stealthed and ran away. I also had problems with good Jedi Guardians and even Sentinels.

Problem is you, if you can't steamroll with a blatantly overpowered class.

There are a lot of people calling people bad and saying they don't know how to play their class, blah blah blah. I guess my only response to that would be, how is someone bad when they have no control of their character and are stunned for 6-8 seconds without being able to do anything? That is not being bad, that is a result of a game mechanic that is bad not the people playing it. Yes, I know your reply will be to break the stun, but the only counter to gaining control of your character and not dying while being on a 2 minute cooldown is not what this game should be about.

There are a lot of people calling people bad and saying they don't know how to play their class, blah blah blah. I guess my only response to that would be, how is someone bad when they have no control of their character and are stunned for 6-8 seconds without being able to do anything? That is not being bad, that is a result of a game mechanic that is bad not the people playing it. Yes, I know your reply will be to break the stun, but the only counter to gaining control of your character and not dying while being on a 2 minute cooldown is not what this game should be about.

The stun is only 3 seconds...... I cant believe you guys are still going on about this. Check the game update 1.1. Nothing about any nerfs for scoundrels/operatives are going to take place. Just give it up already, wait for 50 brackets and give bioware some time to compile data. Only then will they decide what class needs nerfs and buffs. Until then, this is nothing more than useless ranting.

Well you yourself said that you wanted everything to be fair, that 2 different classes were to have the same abilities, doing the same amount of damage and the same cc breaker.

So that scenario that you're aiming for, everyone to be the same and nothing unique but now it's ridiculous?

Contradict much?

I see, so your definition of fair, means identical? Look up a dictionary, it may help.

Edited by VSutra

My question is this... If this class is so OP how come I don't see more of them?

I really don't see that many DPS scoundrels out there, and I rarely ever get steamrolled by an operative. I frequently get taken out by sorcerers and mercenaries. I have been attacked by a few operatives died a few times, and lived a few times. Usually I kick them in the balls, get some distance and heal myself back up while my team-mates come to my support. (This is if I'm playing a healer of course.)

Really I have made a far larger impacts on the warzones I have been in as a healing scoundrel then I ever do when I play around with DPS. I can say with relative confidence I have decided the outcome of a decent number of warzones as a healer. I've gotten a fair number of cool kills as a DPSer. I didn't change battle outcomes.

Maybe I play on the wrong server but I really think that if this class was as OP as people claim it is, that half the people in warzones would play it.

The reason people don't is because if you don't line up the magical stream of crits on someone who has no idea how to play... it actually takes a lot of skill to play one.

My question is this... If this class is so OP how come I don't see more of them?

I really don't see that many DPS scoundrels out there, and I rarely ever get steamrolled by an operative. I frequently get taken out by sorcerers and mercenaries. I have been attacked by a few operatives died a few times, and lived a few times. Usually I kick them in the balls, get some distance and heal myself back up while my team-mates come to my support. (This is if I'm playing a healer of course.)

Really I have made a far larger impacts on the warzones I have been in as a healing scoundrel then I ever do when I play around with DPS. I can say with relative confidence I have decided the outcome of a decent number of warzones as a healer. I've gotten a fair number of cool kills as a DPSer. I didn't change battle outcomes.

Maybe I play on the wrong server but I really think that if this class was as OP as people claim it is, that half the people in warzones would play it.

The reason people don't is because if you don't line up the magical stream of crits on someone who has no idea how to play... it actually takes a lot of skill to play one.

The bottom line about operatives is that they kill people in 1 stun. Most people in this thread are in agreement that this should be trinketed to avoid the unmitigated burst damage that would later ensue. Being forced to rely on a 2 minute CD to avoid being blown up is a broken game mechanic.

TL;DR, Op/scoundrel burst damage needs to be turned down.

You dont catch a scoundrel not stealthed if they dont want you too. And if you do, they vanish and open on you, and as we all know, then you die.

If you catch one, DoT them...soon as they vanish they will be dragged straight back out of stealth...or if you are a BH, use your death from above in the general area you saw them last, due to the radius of Death from above being significantly larger than the target area marked, you'll pull them out of stealth.

The reason Scoundrels/Ops "seem" OP is because nobody ever focuses them first, heck on my lowbie (now 23) Scoundrel I can litterally run around in a group of enemies picking them off one by one because nobody bothers to attack me despite the fact im pumping out 2k+ crits consistently....

They are more interested in trying to kill that guy with the glow stick that does 500-1000 damage on a white damage hit with a huge health bar, not the person that pops up behind there teammate, quickly kills them and starts rampaging through the rest of there team.

As soon as I see an Operative, I will beeline them, regardless of if I'm fighting someone already, I know the damage they can do if they are left alone and I know how quickly they die under attack.

Priority target classes, learn them.

Priority target classes, learn them.

No. Lets just all play min-maxed DPSers with insane damage output and no health. Nobody can roll PVP tanks which this game has actually made a viable role, capable of pulling 55% of the damage off our vital squishes with a single no cost toggle ability. Then we can all ignore the fact that the operatives that everyone are so upset about are twinked to the max and give up all survivability for that kind of damage.

So we have no health and heavy damage output, they have no health and heavy damage output. We are sustained DPS, they are burst DPS, and we have no tanks... and barely any healers...

We ignore them and then... I wonder why we keep dying?

Simple solution. Maybe going for top DPS on the charts is less important than creating viable PVP characters with some survivability? Maybe we can focus fire the glass cannons?

Edited by AndiusTheGreat

No. Lets just all play min-maxed DPSers with insane damage output and no health. Nobody can roll PVP tanks which this game has actually made a viable role, capable of pulling 55% of the damage off our vital squishes with a single no cost toggle ability. Then we can all ignore the fact that the operatives that everyone are so upset about are twinked to the max and give up all survivability for that kind of damage.

So we have no health and heavy damage output, they have no health and heavy damage output. We are sustained DPS, they are burst DPS, and we have no tanks... and barely any healers...

We ignore them and then... I wonder why we keep dying?

Simple solution. Maybe going for top DPS on the charts is less important than creating viable PVP characters with some survivability? Maybe we can focus fire the glass cannons?

Or how about this...tanks okay actually using taunt and guard!

Better idea....how about Guardians/Juggers doing the above AND guardian leaping!

Oh my classes using there kit to counter other classes who would have thought?

Tank vanguard 52% + 2%(set bonus) and expertice about 100 (1-2%) damage reduction , 23k health buffed, shield chance near 40% and absorbs near 30%

Operative comes and do his opener.

I am on half of my health (11-10k health) i got other 2 other guys dpsing operative he got no one assist him and i got 25% damage reduction up after opener and used -4% dmg and 20% hit chanse reduction + 30 damg reduction before dying for 2 other players.

After fight was over me and 2 other dps where down and operativ was under 50% of health and he didnt vanish.

how is that not over powered. im not pvp pro but not complite idiot and even in wow tanks stats meants something even in pvp ?

Edited by LupinTheGreat

Tank vanguard 52% + 2%(set bonus) and expertice about 100 (1-2%) damage reduction , 23k health buffed, shield chance near 40% and absorbs near 30%

Operative comes and do his opener.

I am on half of my health (11-10k health) i got other 2 other guys dpsing operative he got no one assist him and i got 25% damage reduction up after opener and used -4% dmg and 20% hit chanse reduction + 30 damg reduction before dying for 2 other players.

After fight was over me and 2 other dps where down and operativ was under 50% of health and he didnt vanish.

how is that not over powered. im not pvp pro but not complite idiote and even in wow tanks stats meants something even in pvp ?

This is my entire point about the OP/Scoun class, it's burst is extremely to high with that kinda of survivial, one or the other needs a tweak to even out.

I also encountered a 2 vs 1 situation where 2 of us went against a single imperial operative who was guarding a cannon turrent in alderaan pvp zone. He killed us both in less than 6 seconds with stuns / cloaks / massive damage hits.

Now I'm not a pvp god nor do I care so much if I win or lose but if this is not disbalance then I don't know what is... This should not happen even if one of my hands is tied behind my back...

So, you knew he was there...therefore not in stealth, presumably. So he dropped 2 50's in 6 seconds, without stealth?

They are so OP'ed.. I see entire Republic Teams nothing but Scoundrels/Ops......

Wait... thats Sages and SI's..... my bad.

ITs the Biochem... stacking of buffs...

He might have buffs but still 3 guy and one as tank with so much debuffs/dots ?

Soon you need full grp to kill one guy with cordination is that right ?