Fresh 50 Concealment for PvP gear question..

Lob-

Hey all, recently came back after a long break to play again and decided to try an Operative. I know concealment atm isn't as great as it should be but I'm having fun with it regardless.

My question is which WH gear do I purchase for concealment (Enforcer or Field Tech, Implants... etc). I noticed that I would lose like 156 accuracy from the starter PvP damage gear if I were to swap to WH Enforcer and wasn't sure which pieces I should be getting or mixing. Now obviously I gain in other areas but I am really confused as to which pieces I should be buying.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Lob-

You are going to want the PvE Enforcer 2-piece set bonus (+15% Crit on Backstab), and then probably the PvP Field Tech set bonus. Your Expertise hits big diminishing returns at around 1250 anyway, so you can definitely forgo the 100 Expertise from 2 sets of armorings; if all your gear was full WH or EWH, you would be pushing 1350 expertise, which is just too much in my opinion.

Ditch out that accuracy garbage as quickly as you can. Try and hit around the 35% buffed critical hit chance mark, the 78% or so surge mark, and pick up as much power as you can for the rest. Your Best In Slot quest is going to take a long time with PvP gear because you have to buy the whole item for just one or two mods, but aim for getting rid of all that accuracy ASAP.

I am not sure what the Op equivalents of my Scrapper gear are off the top of my head, but my Implants are both Crit/Surge, and my earpiece is currently Power/Surge. For Relics, stick with the Boundless Age items; those things pack a serious punch.

Edited by ktkenshinx

You are going to want the PvE Enforcer 2-piece set bonus (+15% Crit on Backstab), and then probably the PvP Field Tech set bonus. Your Expertise hits big diminishing returns at around 1250 anyway, so you can definitely forgo the 100 Expertise from 2 sets of armorings; if all your gear was full WH or EWH, you would be pushing 1350 expertise, which is just too much in my opinion.

Ditch out that accuracy garbage as quickly as you can. Try and hit around the 35% buffed critical hit chance mark, the 78% or so surge mark, and pick up as much power as you can for the rest. Your Best In Slot quest is going to take a long time with PvP gear because you have to buy the whole item for just one or two mods, but aim for getting rid of all that accuracy ASAP.

I am not sure what the Op equivalents of my Scrapper gear are off the top of my head, but my Implants are both Crit/Surge, and my earpiece is currently Power/Surge. For Relics, stick with the Boundless Age items; those things pack a serious punch.

Very informative!, didn't realize I had to buy a piece to strip mods out of also. I read somewhere that the 2 piece PvE doesn't work anymore unless you have old BM gear.

Also as for hitting the mark for surge and crit, I assume I just go all power after?

Thanks again

I read somewhere that the 2 piece PvE doesn't work anymore unless you have old BM gear.

Actually it's much easier to get PVE set bonuses in PVP now - just buy the EWH Enforcer's Bracers and strip out the mod and armoring and slot them into a Tionese shell. It's about 550 normal comms for the WH bracers and then you use that one + 1250 ranked comms for the EWH. EWH bracer and belt armorings don't carry any set bonus, so you can safely use them in PVE shells. Same goes for grade 27 crafted PVE armorings btw, if you can afford them you can slot them in the PVE shells instead.

You can use the same tactic to get both a 2-piece healing and dps set bonus using Tionese PVE gear. Then you'll just need to find a few enhancements to complete the piece, but you'll be swimming in those soon anyway when/if you start upgrading your initial WH to EWH. Always remember to unslot mods when you're bartering WH for EWH, you can either reuse them in offspec sets or reverse-engineer for stabilisers :)

Edited by xhii

Actually it's much easier to get PVE set bonuses in PVP now - just buy the EWH Enforcer's Bracers and strip out the mod and armoring and slot them into a Tionese shell. It's about 550 normal comms for the WH bracers and then you use that one + 1250 ranked comms for the EWH. EWH bracer and belt armorings don't carry any set bonus, so you can safely use them in PVE shells. Same goes for grade 27 crafted PVE armorings btw, if you can afford them you can slot them in the PVE shells instead.

You can use the same tactic to get both a 2-piece healing and dps set bonus using Tionese PVE gear. Then you'll just need to find a few enhancements to complete the piece, but you'll be swimming in those soon anyway when/if you start upgrading your initial WH to EWH. Always remember to unslot mods when you're bartering WH for EWH, you can either reuse them in offspec sets or reverse-engineer for stabilisers :)

This is all true and helpful, but I do caution against going over 1200-1250 Expertise. It just isn't worth it, and if you strip out Bracer armoring to stick in your Tionese Enforcer Boots (For example), you are going to eventually be maxed at 1350+ expertise. It's probably better from a stats perspective to forgo that .5% of bonus damage/healing/reduction in favor of the statistically superior Dread Guard armorings. The DG armorings, with +49 Cunning and +60 or so Endurance just give you a lot of raw stats that are better than the super stacked Expertise.

But getting the PvE set pieces is definitely critical.

If buy a couple WH Tech boots and strip it of the mods and put it into a moddable armor piece do I get the set bonuses for that?

Example:

2 x WH Tech boots strip them of mods and put the mods into a non WH moddable armor Legs and Helm. Does that mean I get the 2 peice WH Tech boots set bonus? Or does it need to be two DIFFERENT WH Tech items.

If buy a couple WH Tech boots and strip it of the mods and put it into a moddable armor piece do I get the set bonuses for that?

Example:

2 x WH Tech boots strip them of mods and put the mods into a non WH moddable armor Legs and Helm. Does that mean I get the 2 peice WH Tech boots set bonus? Or does it need to be two DIFFERENT WH Tech items.

In War Hero and EWH, the set bonus is on the armorings and all armorings with set bonuses are slot-bound, so if you buy 2 boots you'll end up with two boots-only armorings (ie. you can't slot the armorings into a helm or anything that isn't boot-shaped).

Only the EWH bracers and belts carry PVP armorings that aren't slot-bound, but they don't have a set bonus either. So if you're after 2x Tech set bonus, you will have to buy 2 different WH/EWH Tech pieces. You can then take out the mods and slot them into orange shells of the same type and keep the set bonus.