First time Player

lycanpyre

I am a first time player for SW:ToR. I played Everquest years ago and Played WoW from Pre-BC to Cata. I have a level 16 Sith Sin, and a level 17 Sith Juggernaut. Right now I'm leveling my Juggernaut because he's so much fun, but everyone keeps telling me I'm leveling him wrong? Apparently I'm suppose to be using Vetta instead of my Healing Companion and I don't see what the big deal is, but people constantly whisper me about it.

Why does it bother other player so much I use the companion I want and not the "Cookie cutter" one? I've tried to use Vetta but she just helps me burst down mobs faster, while if I have my Healer out I can pull 5-8 mobs at once and clear no problem, and being Immortal +2 points in Vengence's talent that lets sundering give 2 stacks of AR its alot of fun and makes combat more fast paced for me. Like I said I'm only level 17 so will this be a big deal later in game? or are people just easily bugged by me using a healer? Input is welcomed.

I am a first time player for SW:ToR. I played Everquest years ago and Played WoW from Pre-BC to Cata. I have a level 16 Sith Sin, and a level 17 Sith Juggernaut. Right now I'm leveling my Juggernaut because he's so much fun, but everyone keeps telling me I'm leveling him wrong? Apparently I'm suppose to be using Vetta instead of my Healing Companion and I don't see what the big deal is, but people constantly whisper me about it.

Why does it bother other player so much I use the companion I want and not the "Cookie cutter" one? I've tried to use Vetta but she just helps me burst down mobs faster, while if I have my Healer out I can pull 5-8 mobs at once and clear no problem, and being Immortal +2 points in Vengence's talent that lets sundering give 2 stacks of AR its alot of fun and makes combat more fast paced for me. Like I said I'm only level 17 so will this be a big deal later in game? or are people just easily bugged by me using a healer? Input is welcomed.

Use whichever companion you feel right in playing with. I see no reason why you can't select your own method of play with your companion. My best advice, just ignore them. You may eveen change your mind in later levels, and that's entirely your choice :)

Use whichever companion you feel right in playing with. I see no reason why you can't select your own method of play with your companion. My best advice, just ignore them. You may eveen change your mind in later levels, and that's entirely your choice :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OP, ignore people who talk a lot. They usually know the least. Play how you feel is best. You can google some research if you feel you need to.

Technically any dps compaion is better at low lvl jugg if you are tank spec but honestly it doesn't matter what you use all your companions will get the job

Edited by Zaxem

I myself used Quin from the moment I got him. I am leveling as a dps spec so I really do not need the extra damage. I like finishing a fight completely topped off and no down time healing up before the next pull. If your goal was leveling with 100% efficiency then leveling as a tank spec you would want some extra damage because you really don't need a healer with your defense. They idea is to grind down the mobs as fast as you can with out giving yourself too much down time between pulls.

In the end the differences at this level are miniscule. Just use what ever companion you like.

Just ignore em OP. There is no "right" way to level a jugg. I know people who have leveled a sith warrior without even choosing an advanced class...I doubt your breaking the bank by being different with your companion choice (personally i went with quinn right off the bat too)

On the note of process: if you like using your healer, Fastest spec to level with is Vengeance. you're overall leveling speed will be higher then any other spec pre-40. you don't even need to worry about that till level 20 though. pre-20 there isn't much benefit from any of the other trees. i usually mix and match my skills till i hit 20.

However, if you like pulling 8 mobs at once (vengeance is still faster, but pulling 8 mobs does feel good :) ) then yeah you'd want quinn. allot of peeps like vette, but pulling a group like that and even with vette maxed in gear you'll still go down as immortal. or at the least, spend so much time healing after every fight its not worth it. so your doing fine, and doing exactly what I'd expect someone to do give how your playing. Above all else, if your enjoying it, who cares!

Edited by Elyxin

Ok, here's the thing... I've been playing this game since closed beta and have learned this important fact about the game.

The companion system makes "cookie cutter" builds entirely optional in this game.

Yes, you can go with the most efficient, fastest to kill, least buttons to push, most damage soaking, "whatever" build you want to; if that's the way you truly want to play.

With the multitude of choice and general usefulness of each companion, that "cookie cutter" build is ENTIRELY optional.

You can succeed in this game with little to no real frustration, using any companion and with any build.

It was a well thought out design and the stories for all the companions give you good reason to explore each option.

Ignore the loud mouths who think they know everything...because they don't.

Play what's fun for you...period.

I am just curious, when you say healing companion, do you refer to quinn or are you using the ship droid?

I leveled my juggernaut almost a year ago, so I might be wrong, but I seem to recall I didnt have quinn at level 17. And, if you are using the ship droid, that might be the reason people are telling you to use Vette instead, as the ship droid is not designed for combat and he clearly tells you so. However, if you deck him out he is a decent healer at that level.

Even though im speaking from playing a Mara, My father plays a Tank Spec jugg. He used Quinn till he got Jaesa (spoiler alert) and he uses Jaesa all the time, He rips up stuff with columi geared Jaesa and his Columi/Rakata gear. So at that point its preference do you want to mow stuff down or take your time in a fight.