View Single Post

Damask_Rose
05.27.2019 , 07:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
The problem that I have with threads like this in general is that, after the devs cave in however long it takes, the same people then come in and complain that it's now too hard to run that content, and it needs to be nerfed.
What on Earth makes you think it's the same people? I assume it's different people doing the complaining, but then I don't keep a list of who complains about what to track their feelings over time.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
It probably would be best to have a toggle for story and master modes for the class stories and planets, just like they did with KOTFE and KOTET.
That would have been a much better solution than what they did. The game used to be harder. Not hard, mind you, but harder. 4.0 they chose to make the core game as easy as possible. Some people love it that way and others hate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
As others have said if you find it too easy there are steps you can take to make it harder for yourself.
The problem with that is that it's counter intuitive. Every other game I've ever played, a central part of the game-play is trying to make yourself more powerful as you progress. Get the gear. Get the skills. Get the levels. This is the only game I've played where players need to focus on self-gimping and avoiding content to keep combat even slightly relevant. New and returning players who want a traditional MMO and not just an interactive movie get a bad taste in their mouths when they start playing and find the game is so easy that a cat rolling on the keyboard can complete most content. They aren't going to stick around long enough to reach KotFE with it's master mode.