So, I just beat the Foundry's end boss....

It felt.... wrong? That guy is a legend, how is some level 36 scrub like me able to touch him? This man is one of the greatest of his kind ever, holed up in an unbreachable fortress.... and I just stroll in with 3 people and whoop his ***?

It felt.... wrong? That guy is a legend, how is some level 36 scrub like me able to touch him? This man is one of the greatest of his kind ever, holed up in an unbreachable fortress.... and I just stroll in with 3 people and whoop his ***?

Well... He HAS been holed up in an unbreachable fortress for a couple of hundred years... time takes its toll (not to mention all the other stuff thats happened to him, but i wont tell too much because that would be spoiling)

Well... He HAS been holed up in an unbreachable fortress for a couple of hundred years... time takes its toll (not to mention all the other stuff thats happened to him, but i wont tell too much because that would be spoiling)

but... but... IT"S REVAN!! :mad:

I was hoping for him to play a role similar to Malgus on the Imperial side. Be a Republic hero, pop up in some quests, etc.

This would have been pretty neat. Ideally the mystique should be kept, but it's better than what happened.

There is many weird moments in SWTOR like this.

Etc in Terror from Beyond (BE AWARE MINOR SPOILER)

Here you fight some legendary siths that killed countless of warriors and terrorized the galaxy in many many many years some hundreds years ago. Well the weird thing is that it is laughable easy to kill them :p It doesn't felt like you met some legendary evil siths just some sith warriors... I have only tried to fight them at TFB SM though. Imagine that they are a little bit harder to kill at HM :)

END OF SPOILER

I don't know why BW deided.that so many epic enemies shall be.so easy to kill...

I feel like Bioware handled the "epic" feel of killing Soa in the Eternity Vault pretty well. Even though there was little backstory, you could tell this was a seriously bad dude. It certainly felt like an accomplishment to finally kill him back in the day.

But, our characters are their hay-day's heroes, I guess. Thinning out the competition. It'd just be nice to have some more fanfare around some of the more important kills.

Yes, and if you have read the book you know that he has been locked away in a tank fighting the empero for three decades, but also being drained by the empeoror for that same time... chalk it up to him being somewhat tired from the ordeal... hes not a god you know...

Well, they did say 3 centuries in-game.... but weakened or not, it still feels like an in-game excuse to let you beat up Revan. Which is annoying. I guess it's the combination of the Star Forge and Revan that pisses me off most. Something like this should have been handled like Arthas and turned into an epic Operation. Not some throwaway FP.

I feel like Bioware handled the "epic" feel of killing Soa in the Eternity Vault pretty well. Even though there was little backstory, you could tell this was a seriously bad dude. It certainly felt like an accomplishment to finally kill him back in the day.

But, our characters are their hay-day's heroes, I guess. Thinning out the competition. It'd just be nice to have some more fanfare around some of the more important kills.

Haven't tried any ops yet, good to know some feel ******. I feel that more than anything else that's what WoW's current raids are missing for me... I don't feel energized and angry enough to beat any of the bad guys.

I feel the same about the JK endboss. I know he´s weakened and whatever, but imo it should have been a raidboss or at least a FP boss. Most of theese end of chapter 3 bosses could easily have been worth a FP or even a raid. I know it´s only a classquest, but the last quest for each class could have been made a FP. It´s a MMO so making people not able to solo all content is good right ?

I was hoping for him to play a role similar to Malgus on the Imperial side. Be a Republic hero, pop up in some quests, etc.

Tell me what you think of Malgus being an "Imperial Hero" after playing Battle of Ilum or False Emperor.

I feel like Bioware handled the "epic" feel of killing Soa in the Eternity Vault pretty well.

"Pretty well"? Soa was originally the buggiest boss encounter I have ever encountered anywhere. Yeah, its ok now but in the beginning... I can't say they handled it 'well'. :rak_frown:

Edited by Karkais

I feel the same about the JK endboss. I know he´s weakened and whatever, but imo it should have been a raidboss or at least a FP boss. Most of theese end of chapter 3 bosses could easily have been worth a FP or even a raid. I know it´s only a classquest, but the last quest for each class could have been made a FP. It´s a MMO so making people not able to solo all content is good right ?

No its not, because then people would be whining on the forums that they cant solo all the way to 50 (i know i would, since i rarely group up any more, seeing as most people are... well... the forums would cencor that, but you know what i mean)

He disappears at the end. He doesn't die. I don't think that is the last we will see of him.

I feel the same. You get him like to what 3% of HP and then he disappears in light. He is above the death. I am looking forward to meet him again.

I get where the OP is coming from. In terms of Star Wars canon, it seems kind of weak that such a legendary figure is brought down by a random squad of mid-level Joes. It doesn't seem like the epic ending that character deserved. I would have almost preferred that the battle be part of a particular class' single player story.

I expect that it will eventually be smoothed over in canon, when Cipher 9, The Champion of the Great Hunt and the other characters are given "official" names and certain story outcomes are bedded down as "what really happened". (Like the way that the light side endings of KOTOR 1 and 2 were eventually made canon, and the Exile's name was settled as Meetra Surik).

I get where the OP is coming from. In terms of Star Wars canon, it seems kind of weak that such a legendary figure is brought down by a random squad of mid-level Joes.

It's important to remember that, even when you're mid-level, you're not average. Right from the start, you're friggin' amazing at what you do: level within the confines of the story represents less of an actual progression of your character's skills and more the temporal progression of your character through their relevant story. It's not like becoming the Champion of the Great Hunt spontaneously makes you a better BH; the title of Champion simply represents you getting *recognized* as being the best damned bounty hunter around, when it's been true for quite a while already.

Mechanics, like level and stats, are abstractions completely separate from the story proper. A good example is the Consular storyline (if you've ever done it) or the Inquisitor storyline. In the former case, you're given the option to perform a ritual numerous times that is supposed to make you substantially weaker with each progressive use yet you never actually get weaker with each progressive use. In the latter, you end up doing something and bites you in the *** and starts pulling you apart, supposedly weakening you substantially. In both cases, if anything, you actually get stronger because your level is increasing while the story effect has no mechanical impact. The weakness is a story concept that is completely separate from the mechanical abstractions of level and actual gameplay effect.

As such, you can't really say that Revan is beaten by a series of mid-level schmucks when, according to the story, Revan is beaten by the combined efforts of the Emperor's Wrath, an ex-slave Sith Lord that killed a Darth as an apprentice, Cipher 9, and the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt. Without the abstraction of an MMO's need for a large number of levels, you wouldn't say, based upon those titles, that any of those people were "mid-level". You'd probably say that they were appropriately high level, based upon their achievements before.

You're about 354 days late.

Yes, Revan is a legend, blah blah, defeated mandalores and armies of the darkside, blah blah. Yes, we all loved him, but he is past his time. (literally)

By the time you face Revan in the Foundry he's a very broken man. Having previsouly collected his companions to face down the Emperor only to be betrayed from within and be forced to watch all his friends including the woman he loved struck down in front of him. If that wasn't enough to break him the Emperor imprisoned Revan within a special prison where the Emperor would walk inside his mind for 300 years and play with it like silly puddy.

Ultimately this leads to his downfall in the Foundry by the 4 villians of the Empire; Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, and Bounty Hunter.

Though let's not forget that Revan was a powerful force user and if he is dead then he probably will become something like the Jedi Entity since Revan dedicated his life to hunting down and destroying the Emperor, he won't be able to rest in peace knowing he still lives so maybe we may see him again. Only time will tell.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

It's important to remember that, even when you're mid-level, you're not average. Right from the start, you're friggin' amazing at what you do: level within the confines of the story represents less of an actual progression of your character's skills and more the temporal progression of your character through their relevant story. It's not like becoming the Champion of the Great Hunt spontaneously makes you a better BH; the title of Champion simply represents you getting *recognized* as being the best damned bounty hunter around, when it's been true for quite a while already.

I totally agree with your point. Mostly I think it's the randomness that just feels wrong to me, rather than the level (after all, you can do the flashpoint again at 50, and take that as the "proper" version). We don't actually know who killed the guy, because everybody killed him, which leaves me a little unfulfilled as a Star Wars canon nerd. Until there's an official canonical story, it just seems like the story isn't properly ended.

Just remember folks, unless you cut the HEAD off, he/it ain't dead. Let's see, I can think of at least two other SWTOR folks who fit that description:

-Malgus

-The Emperor

-and of course, Reven

Rest assured everyone, we will be seeing all of these guys again, it's just a matter of time. :p