Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my revan progression, if you see something to help, or something i won't know. We can deal it together :p cuz guardian/jugg in this fight is thug life near shadow or pt. video

Wish I had some Revan pulls to tell ya what I've seen, but sadly we only downed SS this week. My group is a bit behind the power curve consider it's been week to week on whether we get HM attempts or not. Anyways, the one thing I noticed is that you seemed the be the one running the far side the beam when the yellow beam was out. Seems like a waste when both times you were attached to a Sage (not sure if it was a DPS or healer). Other than that, it looked like floor two was a tank miscue. Maybe in a few works I'll have more helpful info.

Wish I had some Revan pulls to tell ya what I've seen, but sadly we only downed SS this week. My group is a bit behind the power curve consider it's been week to week on whether we get HM attempts or not. Anyways, the one thing I noticed is that you seemed the be the one running the far side the beam when the yellow beam was out. Seems like a waste when both times you were attached to a Sage (not sure if it was a DPS or healer). Other than that, it looked like floor two was a tank miscue. Maybe in a few works I'll have more helpful info.

Finally on a raid team due to schedule righting itself and killed bulo (at. last.)

Really excited to start HM progression, also Saber Reflect is still just <3 for turrets on Torque.

Finally on a raid team due to schedule righting itself and killed bulo (at. last.)

Really excited to start HM progression, also Saber Reflect is still just <3 for turrets on Torque.

Knowing you, you'll just die to Fire Vents.

Cough can't stand out of things that kill you Cough

Edited by Alucardess

Didnt feel like scanning all the forums, so i have a quick q, why arent we using the old 186 mara 2 piece for the 8% dmg to ravage? it seems to me like that would be quite a bit more handy for sustained dps other than 1 crit every minute that might have been a crit anyway. thoughts or proof as to why use the new 6 piece anyone? i have both and ive been parsing with both and maybe im doing something wrong but im at almost 4.5 with the old mara 180 2piece and around 4.4 with the full jugg 6. Edited by Avernix

The reason is, for PVE purposes, with the exception of 1 or 2 Boss Fights on both Ravagers and TOS, you need to be very mobile in those fights as a melee DPS. As a result, you will find that many of your "ravages" wouldn't get their full tick, and you would be cutting the ability short, thus reducing the effectiveness of the 8% damage boost.

This is due to bosses moving around, switching targets, or having to avoid damage from Boss abilities. While the 8% bonus damage is a nice boost to your parsing on a dummy, it isn't practical in the new content, unless you want to parse higher but die earlier from taking damage that could have been avoided by clipping your ravage and **** the circle of death.

Plus, if you are doing the rotation properly, you are using shatter, Impale and force scream all off CD... Ravage is only 2nd on your priority list (after those abilities). You need to keep up the procs, Dots and everything else that comes with the other abilities, so that when you are out of range, and your force leap and intercede and saber throw are all on CD, then at least you are still doing damage with DOTS, while lumbering like a slow idiot towards your target.

The reason is, for PVE purposes, with the exception of 1 or 2 Boss Fights on both Ravagers and TOS, you need to be very mobile in those fights as a melee DPS. As a result, you will find that many of your "ravages" wouldn't get their full tick, and you would be cutting the ability short, thus reducing the effectiveness of the 8% damage boost.

This is due to bosses moving around, switching targets, or having to avoid damage from Boss abilities. While the 8% bonus damage is a nice boost to your parsing on a dummy, it isn't practical in the new content, unless you want to parse higher but die earlier from taking damage that could have been avoided by clipping your ravage and **** the circle of death.

Plus, if you are doing the rotation properly, you are using shatter, Impale and force scream all off CD... Ravage is only 2nd on your priority list (after those abilities). You need to keep up the procs, Dots and everything else that comes with the other abilities, so that when you are out of range, and your force leap and intercede and saber throw are all on CD, then at least you are still doing damage with DOTS, while lumbering like a slow idiot towards your target.

Well, I'd say in actual raid situations its a toss-up. I've compared my numbers with both, and they are around the same, its not a noticeable difference. Ravage does get clipped some in raid situations, but not as much as you'd think, and if you plan your movement well you can get 90+% of them off to completion.

I'd say if its a fight where you know constant movement is going to be an issue (like Revan) you might consider the impale crit, and if its a fight where you know you will need on demand burst (not sure if there are any in this tier really like that), impale crit, but otherwise I'd stay with the ravage set bonus.

Great job Kal, my raid group just started progressing Revan Hm last week, our problem is we are running 2 pure melee, (1 Mara/1Jugg (Myself)), most progressed we have gotten is to hk, dps is really hard with both melee when you need to be cleansed, but if i time reflect correctly for heave i can be anywhere from 3.6-4k that first 36% on him. im really looking forward to get into that fight more.

Im full min/maxed 198 except for 2 armorings, but i have not really parsed a dummy much in the past 2 months, current highest i believe is kyril on the 1mill dummy on parsely at 4787, but i could be wrong, ill start parsing again and see where i am at.

though saber reflect isnt as big as it was on torque anymore, im still consistently hitting 4.3 or higher that fight, my highest on sparky is 4950, bulo around 4700, M&B i can hit 3.6 if everything is clean

this was a very fun tier for jugg dps, i cant wait for us to kill revan, and for the nightmare tier

Dam....well either way, what did you end up pulling for the core?

Sorry, i don't understand what are u asking for ^^. If u talk about dps number i pulled 400K on the machine core. With more experience and confortable a jugg can easily do 450-500k. U can see i stopped dps for script long time before.

current highest i believe is kyril on the 1mill dummy on parsely at 4787, but i could be wrong, ill start parsing again and see where i am at.

First is vesev and me (at 0.1s +/-) 4850 if i'm correct.

though saber reflect isnt as big as it was on torque anymore, im still consistently hitting 4.3 or higher that fight, my highest on sparky is 4950, bulo around 4700, M&B i can hit 3.6 if everything is clean

Yeah torque flame vent was fixed and can't be reflected anymore. The real check dps on revan is the 3rd floor, after his shield, u have to burn him in order to have only one pop of purple circle and got the machine core for the second ones

this was a very fun tier for jugg dps, i cant wait for us to kill revan, and for the nightmare tier

fun but hard sometime as jugg/guardian. good luck anyway.

Yeah that is what I was wondering Kal. Curious what you did in relation to other Core totals I've seen. Sadly, I wont get chance on Revan on my Jugg/Guardian for some time. Had to swap to Merc since I recently move guilds/servers to find more viable groups. Hopefully at some point before NiM drops I will get a shot at a Jugg Revanchist. Anways, congrats on the kill and look forward to seeing others do the same.

highest on sparky is 4950

Tell you tanks to stack the adds behind the boss at sub 25% lol. The DoT spread in real. Think the parse I uploaded a few weeks ago was a 5200+ or something close to that. May be fluff damage, but it makes the tedious fight rather enjoyable.