Group Finder Wait times make FP's pointless

I have never had to wait so long for a FP since the Group Finder mechanic was added.

I hit 50 on a new character last week and I am yet to do any 48-50 Flashpoints. If I am lucky I can play 2-3 hours at a time, and apparently that is not enough time for a pure DSP class to get into any Flash Point at this level.

We really need to have the rolls eliminated for all FP's and do what was doe on the Cerka ones. I don't think it would take a lot of reprogramming, just adjusting the highpoint of Bosses and mobs and adding in click able healing stations.

are you trying to run regular flashpoints? like battle for Illum etc, not hardmode? because I've noticed that at about lvl 46, people stop queuing for regular, and the moment they hit 50, just move on directly to hardmodes.

so, if its not hard mode issue, but rather regular ones? I would suggest trying to manually form a group in general chat of the fleet if possible. finding an active guild may also help.

dps queues ARE longer most of the time though. prime hours are not terrible, but anything else is near impossible if you are queuing solo. unless you get super lucky.

Actually i only need to wait like 15 minutes on normal hours and in prime only 5-10 minutes... just think u got bad luck thats all and if u hit 50 & got descent gear just move on to hard mode....its pointless to do normal runs at 50+ unless u are so horribly geared that even a newcomer could laugh at it.

Like said before, queue for HM Flashpoints. You'll be more than geared enough if you buy a few Makeb Vendor Mods, a full set already means you're overgeared for the challange the level 50 HM Flashpoints should present and it's more likely people will be doing those (or better, queue for both!)

Though that being said. A DPS generally tends to have a long queue. Yesterday my friend and I waited 30 minutes for a 55 HM FP before I went to my tank so we had a healer-tank combination instead of healer-dps. I'm getting so bored of tanking though.:rolleyes:

Personally, I found the 50 HMs experience has been getting worse lately. Problem being some way way way overgeared DPSs who think they can get away with anything. Pull ahead of the tank, aoe everything, run around pulling optional adds while the healer is resting, interrupt nothing, blissfully disregard any boss mechanics. And if both the healer and the tank aren't actively trying to make them pay, they'll get away with it too, but it just makes the whole thing feel like a bad joke. Edited by Loc_n_lol

Personally, I found the 50 HMs experience has been getting worse lately. Problem being some way way way overgeared DPSs who think they can get away with anything. Pull ahead of the tank, aoe everything, run around pulling optional adds while the healer is resting, interrupt nothing, blissfully disregard any boss mechanics. And if both the healer and the tank aren't actively trying to make them pay, they'll get away with it too, but it just makes the whole thing feel like a bad joke.

Its not just FPs. I'm starting to see the same mentality of players in Ops. Especially the weekly comms runs for TFB and SnV. Had a guy, a Guardian, who was dpsing and yet kept pulling trash mobs before rest of group was ready. Finally had to let him die after he did a pull, yet it sadly didn't improve his behavior. Its what we get from a single-player game which adds MMO elements.

I agree except with HM 55 fps, can never get in as a dps unless you find people in fleet who are tanks or heals, they need to give bonuses for tanks and heals to que since everyone is a dps.

Like extra comms, like maybe 4 ultimate per FP and 10 extra elite when there arent a lot of tanks or heals on. or add more dailies to get ultimate comms and elite.

Like maybe 2-4 ultimate per quest and 4-8 elite kinda like black hole and section x or just update them to the better comms they need to up the recipes also for armorings and mods since there are 78s out now

Edited by Astaldoath

I agree except with HM 55 fps, can never get in as a dps unless you find people in fleet who are tanks or heals, they need to give bonuses for tanks and heals to que since everyone is a dps.

Like extra comms, like maybe 4 ultimate per FP and 10 extra elite when there arent a lot of tanks or heals on. or add more dailies to get ultimate comms and elite.

Like maybe 2-4 ultimate per quest and 4-8 elite kinda like black hole and section x or just update them to the better comms they need to up the recipes also for armorings and mods since there are 78s out now

The reward for queuing as a tank/healer is pretty much an instant pop.

The reward for queuing as a tank/healer is pretty much an instant pop.

Indeed.

I was rather startled yesterday when the finder didn't pop for my tank within a few seconds. Ended up waiting two minutes. :eek: Killed myself twice out of boredom.