FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

batleths

QFE, Why doe BW feel a need to dick over all the work we put into gearing out our characters at every corner? I feel like I might as well take a year off and come back just as well geared as anyone else.

This is exactly the point. How do you not see that this is good for the game?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole point is that YES PVP gear is under stats compared to the same level pvp gear then you give expertise to the pve players for free . Expertise is to level the playing field for pvp but if you give pve geared players the same expertise as the first level pvp players who had to get new gear and wh gear lost it expertise and has lower stats than the best pve gear at the same level. no hope just look around people have to work for weeks to get gear pve play once a week and can get full pvp gear because they out gun and WIN more often, causing the pvp to slow get gear with loses. Edited by batleths

The pve gear with ridicously better stats then the pvp gear loses out on expertise so full 69/72 won't be as viable as the pvp gear..

Well wrong again i was standing next to a player with full level 50 pve gear and with 2 level 55 gear. His expertise was 1850. Mine with full first level pvp gear is 1720. both being rage jugs his gear plus the expertise gave him much better stats and hp. So expertise is good if you have pve gear not if your in pvp gear. IT DOES NOT LEVEL PVP GEAR TO PVE GEAR ANY MORE. IT GIVES BONUS TO THE PVE GEAR .THAT IS IT. NOT EQUAL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

Well wrong again i was standing next to a player with full level 50 pve gear and with 2 level 55 gear. His expertise was 1850. Mine with full first level pvp gear is 1720. both being rage jugs his gear plus the expertise gave him much better stats and hp. So expertise is good if you have pve gear not if your in pvp gear. IT DOES NOT LEVEL PVP GEAR TO PVE GEAR ANY MORE. IT GIVES BONUS TO THE PVE GEAR .THAT IS IT. NOT EQUAL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

If your expertise is 1720 you're doing something wrong probably mixing pve and pvp mods on a single piece of gear... (remember your wh/ewh is now PVE gear) big nono for bolster.. and 1850 is quite low also.

Edited by AngusFTW

This system is vastly preferable to the former gear gap. My main is slowly filling out her partisan gear (from Warhero) and it is nice not having tanks guarding me with 5K less HP than I have and other silliness. The gear crutch is gone, thank goodness. Edited by Master-Nala

If your expertise is 1720 you're doing something wrong probably mixing pve and pvp mods on a single piece of gear... (remember your wh/ewh is now PVE gear) big nono for bolster.. and 1850 is quite low also.

Exactly m8y, im afraid plenty of the people complaining bout this issue are all the majority of them those that dnt even read patch notes and the known bug list in our forums.

Im beting that they still have equipped BM, WH or EWH relics, some of them still have their WH/EWH expertise gems on their weapons and some others are mixing their new PVE WH/EWH gear with expertise mods etc or they just have orange items with former WH/EWH mods/enh/armorings and since they dnt give a rats *** to read BW devs postings reguarding this issue, they state what OP is saying, whatever let them talk and whinne, im done with these threads.

Ignorance sometimes is a bless but certanly isnt on an MMO, neither is stupidity for that matter.

There is a problem with augments that BW isnt aware off or was recently putted aware off but thats it.

Bolstering have issues, true, BW knows that and allready acknowledged that and have stated what u must do and not do reguarding the old PvP gear, READ.

So waky waky, its time to rise up 5 levels and when u hit 55, farm new PvP gear. Everyone below lvl 55 with ELITE WAR HERO/WAR HERO is a LOW LEVEL NOW as u were when u were lvl 20ish,30ish,40ish, and u had greens/blues/purples deal with it and shut up.

In the lvl 55 bracket Partisan/Conqueror gear is better than any PvE gear equipped.

Edited by Kophar

AGREE and have canceled. Not going to grind PVE gear cause PVE sucks.

Not going to grind PVP gear for a third ******* time.

EA / BW go **** yourselves.

Quinlynn, you know you ONLY REALLY CANCELLED because the Heroric 2 on Ilum doesn't get traffic anymore like it used to, and you can't find an equal spot on Makeb.

lolz

My issue is that I was able to raid in my EWH gear, and gear up for pve that way, however, pvers felt it was unfair which I understand 100%, but then I have to ask why is it now fair pvers can be competitive in pve gear? I like the the change overall more people to play with in pvp, I just cannot help but shake the double standard feeling.

Bioware should either make it so PvP gear can be used in pve as an entry / mid tier set like pve gear can be used as a entry / mid tier set in pvp.

So let me get this straight, OP is afraid of any decent competition. In short, he feels that skill = time spent? Not to be rude, but that is complete rubbish. This is being proven with bolster, that some people have been carried by ridiculously over the top gear.

Methinks the OP is a little scared of competition.

/thread

Edited by chimex

It is STUPID that the PvE players who go through all of the PvE content for uber PvE gear and only plays PvP once a week, can compete on same level as a full time PvPer in uber PvP gear. Because of Bolster.

IF you PvP all the time and some PvE only player spanks you in PvP because of bolster, that is your own issue

I don't need expertise to set me apart from PVE onlys in PvP

Edited by kirorx

Anyone who can tell you decisively whether PvP gear (of same tier) is better than PvE gear (of same tier) or vice versa is wrong. Given it is only recently revealed a set of Underworld gear nets you 1322 Expertise it is not even possible to theorycraft prior to this point unless everyone magically already knows this but never shared it. I ran through a lot of numbers yesterday and equipping items to simlate this (WH power relic lets you simulate any change in main stat and power since it only has power) and the conclusion I get is that for the problematic pieces, like the UW weapon, the only way to know which is better is to have both pieces of gear, parse them in live conditions. The parse will reveal UW to do some % more damage, and then you have to guess whether this increase in DPS makes up for your decreased survivality, which might not even be decreased due to the fact that PvE gear have the intimidation factor (PvE gear gives you more HP, people tend to get discouraged when seeing a guy with 30K HP and attack someone else with less HP, so it's possible to increase your survivality this way).

1322 is roughly a 40% bonus. What is certain is that a full set of UW isn't going to do 20% more damage and take 20% less damage than a full set of Conqueror. But we know the contribution of each piece is not uniform. The weapon is always the problematic slot as a weapon contains roughly 1/10 the expertise budget but contributes to something like 75% of your total healing/damage output (just try to PvE or PvP in a green weapon and see how well that works). The offhand is the next problematic part, especially for classes that do not depend on weapon damage. After that, expertise should win comfortably but since MH/OH contributes to the vast majority of your total output, it is of vital interest to know which is better, and right now the numbers are far too close to tell via theorycraft.

In some sense this is Bioware's fault. They should be aware that the numbers they have tuned is far too close to tell and history shows us people start believing the wrong things if you can't tell what's the correct choice. At this point someone in Bioware needs to come out and tell us exactly what their numbers is supposed to indicate for the problematic slots, namely the MH/OH. We need something like 'Our numbers show using UW weapon increases DPS by 3% and HP by 0.75%, which should be offset by the 2% expertise modifier you get'. You don't necessarily have to agree with these numbers, and they may even be wrong, but we need this as a reference point because it is unrealistic to expect players to come up with these numbers themselves.

Edited by Astarica

Personally I say get rid of pvp gear altogether (save for cosmetics) and increase the amount of comms it takes to get the pieces. If it takes x hours to go through a raid and you get 1 drop and some coms.... It should be fairly easy to convert this to an equivalent number of wazones and coms to get the equivalent gear.

I like pvp... Pve is ok. But I tell you this... I like the balance of bolster, at least in theory. Pvp should be more about skill than gear. You want rewards for pvp... Get titles and new shells, or special effects for your weapons. Seriously if you claim to enjoy pvp, then get pissed because yiu don't out gear other people... And can't three shot them... You don't really like pvp. You like stroking your own ego and waxing poetic about how great you are.

The good pvpers on my server will beat me with equal or near equal gear. The bads won't, And they will cry about it. Yes I have EWH. Did the grind suck? NOPE. Why because I play for the competition not for the ego stroke. Personally I also hope that min maxing goes away. When I walk into the metaphorical arena it's me and my team vs you and yours. No advantages... A swords a sword, a tridents a trident, a shields a shield. It's a matter if skill and sweat. If I pvp 30 minutes a week and we both have the same spec and same gear (or bolstered equivalent) and I do better than you... That's not because of bolster... That's because you aren't as good as you think you are.

Thank goodness for the gear gap closure. Now when I beat someone I know it's not because I out geared them... And when I lose I know it's because they were better.

wow how stupid are you to say this

it is simple just go into pvp with pvp gear look at the people in pve gear with 10k more hit points and better stats and now they get expertise. The gear is not even balance and for you to say it shows how much you don't know. Expertise is there to balance pvp and pve gear but if you give it to both you lose that balance. Do the math and shut up if you can't understand this simple fact.

1st of all i havent insulted no one directly, it seems the carapace fitted you on my post.

I believe that you also dnt know how to read properlly, therefore you should go back to pre elimentary and read my post again without the rage present and actually read it word by word until you reach the 2nd paragraph where its stating your observations and the why that is happening (the +10k HP).

If you like i can also give you the links of BW posts, where they state what you should do or not, or better yet, if you do prefer, give me your account i can play the game for you as well or properlly config your gear, hows that?

Next time before posting do me a favour, READ posts until the end before making replys and save me the trouble of replying to your nonsense.

Since i have no will at all to reply back to a stoneage person, ill put you on my ignore list.

Edited by Kophar

1st of all i havent insulted no one directly, it seems the carapace fitted you on my post.

I believe that you also dnt know how to read properlly, therefore you should go back to pre elimentary and read my post again without the rage present and actually read it word by word until you reach the 2nd paragraph where its stating your observations and the why that is happening (the +10k HP).

If you like i can also give you the links of BW posts, where they state what you should do or not, or better yet, if you do prefer, give me your account i can play the game for you as well or properlly config your gear, hows that?

Next time before posting do me a favour, READ posts until the end before making replys and save me the trouble of replying to your nonsense.

Since i have no will at all to reply back to a stoneage person, ill put you on my ignore list.

again read what i am saying to you no matter what you do the pve gear is higher than pvp in the end you at full pvp gear will be out matched with someone in full pve. you should not have to config your gear with pve gear to play pvp. just go look at it for once in your life. take the rage gear for both pve and pvp just look at the chest shouldn't take you long to find it. tier one in pve is better than the first level of pvp and tier 2 pve is better than both pvp gears and they now have expertise on top of the better pve gear. making pvp gear useless look it up i am right and your just not looking hard enough

Sorry i have to disagree with u today's gamer's has been stereo typed into pve gear is for pve and pvp gear is for pvp, The game should be about skill and knowledge gear second and shouldn't matter how u are grinding for u gear be it through pvp or pve u should be able to use any endgame gear for the content that is out , and have a set % of expertise for the life of the char so that we can focus on the other stats that will better the char.

They say this is Skill > Gear... ******** it is PVE gear > pvp Gear.. nothing about skill all about gear, but this time it gives raiding gear the edge and makes pvp gear trash..... It's like I work my *** off in pvp to earn this sub par **** gear, only to have a Raider come in with ten times the stats I have.. what a *********** joke bw, fix it or you will lose my sub by the end of this month.. The money would be better spent on a bag of dope tbh.

Sorry i have to disagree with u today's gamer's has been stereo typed into pve gear is for pve and pvp gear is for pvp, The game should be about skill and knowledge gear second and shouldn't matter how u are grinding for u gear be it through pvp or pve u should be able to use any endgame gear for the content that is out , and have a set % of expertise for the life of the char so that we can focus on the other stats that will better the char.

So pve gear is meant to be better than the pvp gear in pvp? Are you sure you are following things correctly? Because in my world pvp gear is not supposed to be worse than pve gear in a warzone.

The pve gear with ridicously better stats then the pvp gear loses out on expertise so full 69/72 won't be as viable as the pvp gear..

This is very important and something many are missing out on.

The bolster change was designed so that they did not have to hand out Recruit gear, and then pass down partisan to recruit when the new PvP gear comes out later. It is great idea that also solved issues below the level cap. And even though i understand i like the attempt it is a more complicated then having free recruit gear for those who reach 55.

However there is a problem in this system and it has to do with the a lack of gear inflation from 50 -55.

Right now PvE players who got full dread guard before the expansion are pretty much able to go right into hard mode content, pretty much skipping over the 69's and going right to the 72's. There is pretty much no gating on the PvE at the moment. This means that those who are getting the 72's even with the decreased expertise have an advantage at the moment because most people are not even close to conqueror. You can't go straight to conqueror even if you had full augmented EWH. You have to get Partisan and then trade in those shells to get Conqueror. 72 PvE will be worse then conqueror but 72 PvE is slightly better then partisan. If the PvE had some gating, such that the player had to get quality level 55 PvE gear before they could do hard mode PvE, then the issue wouldn't be a big deal. PvE players would be inclined to get Partisan and actually use it.

Query: I wonder how many of these identical posts there are?

Statement: Too many to count. It seems to me master, that these meatbags who are complaining about pve gear being better than pvp gear need to gain some skill.

Statement: I also am noticing a significant increase in complaints coming from those who have been weened off of killing fresh 50's in recruit gear. It seems their aggression has been lifted off of the casual green user to the maker that is Bioware.

Incredulous statement: Logically this was the maker's intent as they are better at shielding passive aggression more efficiently than a user in greens who only plays 30 minutes a cycle.

Query: Tell me more master about how gear makes up for elite user's lack of skill or determination?

-HK's POV on the 2.0 expertise debacle

So pve gear is meant to be better than the pvp gear in pvp? Are you sure you are following things correctly? Because in my world pvp gear is not supposed to be worse than pve gear in a warzone.

No what i was saying is that the gear should be the same so that for let say u like the style of the pvp gear and also do pve u should be able to go do the raid content in u top end pvp gear with out having to go grinned for a pve set same goes for pve