FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

batleths

it is simple you have unbalanced the game giving pve players expertise at the same level as players in pvp first level OF level 55 pvp gear. i am in almost full first level pvp gear and i have the same as a player with no pvp gear. this has unbalanced the game to a point where pve players who do have 50 level gear out gear pvpers in level 55 gear.

you have pve players coming in with 30k hp and better stats and now are getting gear faster than pvp players who gear that has less stats.

who the hell is in charge of pvp combat? shocking they were not thinking pvp thinking just about pve as always.

YOU WILL LOSE PLAYERS WHO SPENT MONTH GETTING GEAR ONLY TO HAVE PVE PLAYERS GET BETTER PVP GEAR QUICKER ALL BECAUSE YOU UNBALANCED THE GAME AGAIN CALL ME NEXT TIME ILL LOOK IT OVER AND MAYBE YOU WILL NOT SCREW PVP PLAYERS AS MUCH

Edited by batleths

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is STUPID that the PvE players who go through all of the PvE content for uber PvE gear and only plays PvP once a week, can compete on same level as a full time PvPer in uber PvP gear. Because of Bolster.

on one hand it makes it fair for all to PvP when you want in what ever gear you want, on the other hand you alienate all your PvP players who grind PvP for the best gear to be the best.

When the mum or dad who just came home from work in there greens and only play 30 min a week can compete at the same level as a uber decked out PvPer.

Although PvP skills will be taken into account then.

I will be 55 tomorrow, I will know more about it then, but sounds stupid way to setup PvP.

Edited by WIZBASKY

I guess i don't really care that much since i like to play both..

Also the higher end pve gear doesnt give advantage full underworld loses you expertise so the system is fair in that regard. You will have advantage once you min/max conqueror/partisan when it comes to expertise..

I guess i don't really care that much since i like to play both..

Also the higher end pve gear doesnt give advantage full underworld loses you expertise so the system is fair in that regard. You will have advantage once you min/max conqueror/partisan when it comes to expertise..

of course you like it you can do both with better stats and you get free expertise. if your in pvp gear you should kill a pve player easy in pvp wz. that the whole idea of having expertise to stop pve players from just mowing down pvp players

of course you like it you can do both with better stats and you get free expertise. if your in pvp gear you should kill a pve player easy in pvp wz. that the whole idea of having expertise to stop pve players from just mowing down pvp players

Pvpers will play more pvp then a hardcore pve player so will be better at the games pvp so its highly unlikely that a pver will enter pvp and faceroll everyone. The high end pve gear argument is moot because they will lose a lot of expertise by wearing this gear which will counteract the extra stats to some degree if they where to wear a full set of high end raid gear. Personally i don't have a problem with the mid range stuff getting bolstered to have expertise it just opens up pvp to more people..

Funny that the mechanism that actually makes PVP more balanced, is being claimed in this thread to cause it to become unbalanced?

You do realise that "mom or dad with only 30 mins a day to play" will lose against you because of lack of training and experience right? Why need gear that is 60-80% more effective to kill them? Because that's what everyone here is boasting they want.

Also, for people claiming this will kill PVP. No, the old completely unbalanced PVP gear progression that some seem to want back because it gives the low-lives godlike status will kill PVP. Because that kind of idiocracy causes new players not to start PVP. And anything that doesn't get new players, will eventually die out.

Bolster causes more new players to start PVP, than it causes old players to leave it. Deal with it.

Funny that the mechanism that actually makes PVP more balanced, is being claimed in this thread to cause it to become unbalanced?

You do realise that "mom or dad with only 30 mins a day to play" will lose against you because of lack of training and experience right? Why need gear that is 60-80% more effective to kill them? Because that's what everyone here is boasting they want.

Also, for people claiming this will kill PVP. No, the old completely unbalanced PVP gear progression that some seem to want back because it gives the low-lives godlike status will kill PVP. Because that kind of idiocracy causes new players not to start PVP. And anything that doesn't get new players, will eventually die out.

Bolster causes more new players to start PVP, than it causes old players to leave it. Deal with it.

But we want the Recruit gear - War hero gap back to 3 hit people!!!!!!

Grind your Conq set and stop crying. First people constantly complain for a system like we now have, when they get it they cry. Personally i like not having gimped teamates with very low to no expertise anymore

At the end of the day as long as a conq set = underworld who cares

No gear obtainable by something you can achieve solo should ever have the same rewards as raid content.

What you all should be concerned about is how fast the TTK is going to be once folks start having a fully augmented set of conq gear :p

Edited by dego-harmonium

But we want the Recruit gear - War hero gap back to 3 hit people!!!!!!

No onei is saying that but someone who wears pve / no gear should not have better stats than some one in full pvp gear. The same way my pvp gear shouldn't be better than pve gear in raids.

Edited by Prodiigy
Mistake

The pve gear with ridicously better stats then the pvp gear loses out on expertise so full 69/72 won't be as viable as the pvp gear..

No one has full 72 gear yet so how do u know this ? I get more stats from using a matrix cube than my ewh relic.

I worse a mish mash of gear yesterday a mix of Underworld/Verpine/Black market with EWH relics and a conq main hand, I was pushing around 1630 exp/2700 cunning (w/o stim)

My guildie who is mostly conq had 2600 main stat with an extra 400 expertise,

For me i didnt mind loss of the extra 4-5% dmg reduction as i usually heal so im not worried about my dmg output and the bonus healing from the loss of 400 expertise is minor

No onei is saying that but someone who wears pve gear should not have better stats than some one in full pvp gear.

Why not? If the difference is minimal a veteran PVPer should dominate a casual PVEer anyway. If its a large advantage for the PVE gear it must be a bug since I cant imagine anyone thinking that its fair that a random casual PVEer with limited or none experienceof PVP should dominate the more experienced PVPer based on gear. A skilled player should always be able to outplay a lesser skilled player BASED ON SKILL though.

No one has full 72 gear yet so how do u know this ? I get more stats from using a matrix cube than my ewh relic.

ewh relic still has expertise so its kinda bugged since the rest of wh/ewh is all now pve with no expertise.

Nobody has full 72 gear, i personally have 2 pieces and when u use 72 gear you lose about 50-60 expertise per piece. In full pve high tier gear you will not have as much expertise so you won't gain an advantage and a developer has stated that you will have around 1300 in full underworld.

69s are a similar thing btw.

Edited by AngusFTW

Im a new player and i like the changes, pvp is now open for me, so i can farm my 55 lvl pvp sets and enjoy not being destroyed by "pro" players who just simply outgear me. I think this whine is all about " Look now i cant one shot undergeared players, that makes me sad !!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven." This is the step in right direction, where pvp isn't a freaking hell for a newcomer.

Im a new player and i like the changes, pvp is now open for me, so i can farm my 55 lvl pvp sets and enjoy not being destroyed by "pro" players who just simply outgear me. I think this whine is all about " Look now i cant one shot undergeared players, that makes me sad !!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven." This is the step in right direction, where pvp isn't a freaking hell for a newcomer.

This is exactly what I understood to be Bioware's overall intent with their changes to the Bolster system. They wanted to remove as much as possible the unfair advantage that gear was bestowing on individuals over newbies. The god-awful PvP experience for fresh Recruit-geared 50s (and even those who had maxed out their ranked and ordinary warzone commendations) was pushing players away from warzones, thereby potentially increasing queue times and ultimately removing Ranked queues from some servers entirely.

The changes with yesterday's patch -- which will further refine the benefits of wearing Partisan/Conq gear over ANY PvE gear -- should hopefully give the PvP 'veterans' something to work towards again.