EC - Zorn

So was clearing it this week and for the first time in all my passes at this encounter I get

'cannot taunt at this time' jazz.

I look around on the net and discover this was apparently part of the baseline mechanics?

I am a PT and my taunt is Neural Dart. I am wondering if this was some stealth fix recently?

I have tanked the Zorn/Toth encounter on SM like 15 times, and on HM 5 or 6. First time ever getting this message and having to wait to taunt.

^ This

But at the same time he just throws rocks randomly, no need to taunt him anyway.

In the matter of fact it is rather good if zorn tank gets marker, for he will get less dmg than healer or dps standing next to toth.

Use gap closer (charge/storm/sprint), best if you are juggernaut/guardian, you can then intercede any melee or force charge Toth, use push on him to reset charge CD, wait for purple and charge back to Zorn before he even throws baradium rock - also jump occurs moment later, so you will taunt bosses off anyway shortly after Zorn is again targeting something for real.

This is right after toth jumps away to the other tank. Nothing to do with toth's enrage or the boulder heave, or who gets the yellow circle on HM.

Just saying before yesterday I had never encountered it before. Given how many times I have done the encounter I figured RNG luck was pushing it and wanted to inquire.

If you have never seen this before, it's because you started with a different boss than you usually do. You haven't been on that guy during Berserk before because they always happen after the same number of tank swaps and you started on a different boss this time.

If you have never seen this before, it's because you started with a different boss than you usually do. You haven't been on that guy during Berserk before because they always happen after the same number of tank swaps and you started on a different boss this time.

Negatory bud. Same starting boss as always. The issue is not during the berserk, it is right after the jump. Way to not read and assume I am being silly.