A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

*snip*

These are nice answers Stephen, and I appreciate that you took the time here... You know me though and there is indeed a however coming here... However....

Are you guys going to look at the class forums? I know at least one of them that has major significant issues with huge parts of this game... And they have been ignored. Not just in the current forums but they were ignored in the beta forums too. There are a number of classes really suffering and they haven't even gotten someone to come in and do some straight talk regarding the issues.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

WoW had major bugs still 1 year after launch. So shut up and go cut some republic in half :D

(WoW can't compete with SWTOR anymore... they gonna have PANDAS!!!! :confused: owned...)

Edited by Nokta

This is ridiculous, they give you new content and you still QQ about it. there are many teams working on th game. Bugs are concern of another team. Some ppl are just spoiled, confused and utterly impatient. At least start QQ about full patchnote release, not about this btw. AWESOME anouncement.

and Taris leak has been already fixed with many other bugs. They bugfix every other day

This. Srsly guys, go cry somewhere else.

More operations is not the answer.

You really need to implement a gameplay format that will not only have us famring for months to attain the best and more eye catching candy but will challenge our abilities.

Freeform space combat is the only thing I can see that will do this.

It will keep us farming for months to buy better, faster more deadly ships and also enable us to fight in 50 on 50 epic space battles, maybe even operations in space, the possibilities are endless!

Imagine a lvl 50 operation needing 25 people to take down a deathstar!

I would sell my soul to you guys for this kind of gameplay...

Hah, nothing changes. This is a Post about new content, MORE WORLD, STUFF TO DO IN THE WORLD THATS ALREADY THERE, NEW THINGS! And it takes about as usual 3-4 posts and the future "I will quit because they dissappointed me blahblahblah" forum poster starts his ranting. You know what, please quit today instead. Gives the rest of us that actually realize that this is about future content some peace. Its about stuff thats going to happen in the future not something they do instead of fixing bugs and making hot fixes.

Regarding WPvP. After five years of retarded greifing and ganking (in WoW OFC) I dont see the charm of PvP until end game. If you for some reason think thats fun, you're probably one of those that spent a day in good old Gankingthorn teabagging some poor lowlvl thinking that was fun week after week (yes its fun once, maybe twice while drunk). If one shoting is fun, go back to a lowlvl area and kill mobs randomly instead?

I would like a Arena though for 2v2 3v3 for future content. Best would be with a bunch of hutts going "HUHUHUHU" when I get beaten to death by a bloody jedi, would be awesome.

New PvE content sounds awesome! Just keep it story driven and fully voiced and dont get lazy or stressed and release stuff pre-maturely. Go with your Ideas, dont listen to the whiners please, thats what messed up above mentioned game. Please those who like what you have done, dont try to please those who didnt like it!

Anyways enjoy the holidays and happy "WHOOOMING" in the galaxy

Peace out

-Xanti

Do we Know if they'll ever add chapters (story) for the classes from time to time ?

It's where the game shines in my opinion, would be sad to have to wait and pay for an extension to get just a little more quests. (that could give unique gear as it would be accessible for max levels chars)

Do we Know if they'll ever add chapters (story) for the classes from time to time ?

It's where the game shines in my opinion, would be sad to have to wait and pay for an extension to get just a little more quests. (that could give unique gear as it would be accessible for max levels chars)

I agree that would be pretty cool.

Also if it is possible to eventually come up with extra story arcs for advance classes. That would be pretty interesting.

nothing huge would have to take place. Perhaps for example; the jedi sage would resolve an issue through diplomatic means, talking to the necessary delegates... the shadow meanwhile would complete the exact same quest through stealth and guile, uncovering true motives behind strange stance changes in the galactic senate.

that would be pretty cool.

also maybe BW could eventually try adding alternative routes in flashpoints opened to advance classes, similar to the way an archeologist might find a lever in a flashpoint either a new route is discovered or a chest is revealed?

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

whoa! lol really!? have you EVER played a game at launch? incase you have and forgotten, let me just remind you that ALL MMo's have bugs at launch..and if your THAT inpatient...play another game mabye?

They announce new content coming what, 4 days after launch? And people still complain about stuff?

4 days.

BW also made clear that they have dedicated teams for bug fixes and new content. Of course they do. What kind of big company has only 1 team with only 1 deadline for all the tasks like most of the posters here assumes.

4 days and people are expecting -all- the bugs being fixed after incredibly smooth launch.

Someone complained it was -only- 1 flashpoint in upcoming patch. What's wrong with you?

Some people just want to have all everything and nothing less immediately.

Welcome to 2012. I feel too mature right now.

Br. Innium

EDIT: changed word "old" to "mature" ;)

Edited by heishiro

Lots of posts already - understandable of course. This is just a short one to remind you not to forget us PVE folks who solo w/our companions more often than not. I still do not know what is awaiting us as solo on Illum as all the info has been for the PVP folks. I realize they yell the loudest, complain the most and threaten an awful lot but the rest of us who like a more variable mix probably make up the largest portion of your fanbase. This is not a complaint but think of it as some of the kids in your classroom also raising their hands and yelling 'pick me pick me!!!'.

Subscribed and now my only real complaint is trying to stay with my main character cause I am dying to try out some of the others as well. Thank the stars for my story as I can't stop playing it to run alts cause I do not want to miss out. Good job guys 'n gals - well done!!

oh, in other words nothing for those who want more solo content!!!! and want to continue the story of there lvl 50 character.

then you should say good bye to half your player base and say hello to free to play.

either develop content for all types of players at a regular cadence or none at all! and expect to make this game free to play for it to survive

Why do people qq that there is going to be new content already? Stop being ungrateful.

A different team deals with the bug fixes.

because the content is for the rude And loud pvper's and raid boys only minority of players and pisses on the rest of the player base

If Bioware releases new content while leaving the older content broken, I'm unsubscribing.

It's ridiculous. Sith Corruption won't turn off in between zoning. It's always back on again.

\ keeps bringing up the ticket screen.

Taris has a multitude of broken quests, and frame rate issues.

High quality textures won't load.

FIX YOUR GAME

because the content is for the rude And loud pvper's and raid boys only minority of players and pisses on the rest of the player base

You were beaten by an MMO as a child, huh? Seriously chill out. They can't give us everything all at once and it just happens that a new Flashpoint and new bosses in an existing Operation is what they're giving us in a content patch next month. We don't even know if that's all we're getting and if it is it's no big deal. A month after launch we're seeing new content. You don't like Flashpoints or Operations? Fine. Don't do them. The PvPers aren't really getting anything from this patch either apparently unless I missed something. There will be something for everyone as this game progresses. If you honestly expect this game to come out with a patch that continues your story with full voice-over cinematic dialogue well I'm sorry but you're out of your effing mind. Something like that will take an expansion. Do you have any idea how much effort they need to put into something like that? Some of you people are just absolutely ridiculous with your expectations, your whining, and your sense of entitlement. A lot of you may not be 10 years old but you sure stopped maturing at that age.

If Bioware releases new content while leaving the older content broken, I'm unsubscribing.

It's ridiculous. Sith Corruption won't turn off in between zoning. It's always back on again.

\ keeps bringing up the ticket screen.

Taris has a multitude of broken quests, and frame rate issues.

High quality textures won't load.

FIX YOUR GAME

As someone said earlier, you're acting like they don't have separate teams working on all aspects of the game. That if they do C then they can't do A and B. If you and three of your friends were making dinner do your friends have to wait to cut the vegetables, butter the bread, and pour the drinks while you cook the meat? These problems will be fixed. By another team. In the meantime, the team that works on group PvE content will be giving us things like this announcement.

oh, in other words nothing for those who want more solo content!!!! and want to continue the story of there lvl 50 character.

then you should say good bye to half your player base and say hello to free to play.

either develop content for all types of players at a regular cadence or none at all! and expect to make this game free to play for it to survive

You have unrealistic expectations. Are you out of your mind?

Do you know how much work that would involve? You can expect to see that sort of content in an expansion.

Edited by Morosi