Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

EricMusco

Anybody who knew how to play with operative before will now as well, although ranked will probably be "a little" more difficult than before. Anybody who was bad before will be even more so now. Those changes hurt - sure (especially the "burst change" on kolto infusion or what's it called - I don't want to waste an utility point to change it back to useful - "burst" isn't even close to what I'd call that) but they are somewhat manageable.

I agree, I can still keep everyone alive but then I knew what I was doing already. I would say the "more difficult" portion comes form the decresed tactical advantage generation. This is sort of amplified because the "buff to burst" was on an ability that requires tactical advantage to use.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to pve, Scoundrel heals still feels fine to me when running NiM content. So far, I ran NiM SNV, EC and HM Gods. Didn't really have any issues keeping people up. If anything, the extra punch to Kolto Pack made it easier for single target healing (I was never super attached to the HoT it used to have, so losing it didn't bother me too much). They didn't really mess with our group heals either, so that's still strong. I did notice that UH is harder to come by now, but throwing in extra Underworld Medicines here and there helped me keep my stacks up throughout a fight. Almost made me not feel the UH loss.

Since I only use the probes and recuperative nanotech for the main part i never run out of TA, when I really need that extra quick heal I usually have enough - but then I use slow, stun, blind and crafted grenades as well to protect not only myself but also the one I'm healing - gives you 1 - 3 gcds to breath again.

• 2 weeks later...
The chance of getting a Tactical Advantage from a Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, or Recuperative Nanotech tick granted by Medical Engineering is now 10%

eeewwwww...this looks very ugly

Mmmmm, but if we no longer need curative agent for burstiness, I might be able to get away with taking the shiv/TA talent and smacking the boss from time to time as a workaround.....

I don't like sage healing great if you only have to worry about one person, but horrible energy management. Sawbones great healer for whole group. always over healing the whole ops. Trouble keeping tank up yes and no. Now i lack the TA to get the proc to do a big heal. So a loss to any burst i had before. I still over heal, but the poor tank thinks he is going to die all the time. Energy management is murder if you do anything other then healing. Cant afford to use bushwhack as i need the TA for a heal. Still functional, but less so. PVP gone is the time i could keep myself and someone else up most of the time. Hell i think my heals are killing me now in stead of healing, but still better then sage.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...