Starting class story with max level

MidhunRaj

ok, this maybe a little bit weird question.. Can i skip entire class story and level up on my own, then come back with max level and good gear and start class story?

(i know there is no good reason to do that, it is just for my weird head canon thing)

I'm not sure if you can feasibly skip the entire thing. If I don't want to play the class story, I usually get through my starter planet and Coruscant/Kaas depending on faction. That way I have my ship can travel more easily. From there do whatever you like! You can do Warzones, Flashpoints or whatever. Then when/if you're ready, you can pick up your class story again. Just make sure you don't start Knights of the Eternal Throne or Knight of the Fallen Empire as that will skip the class story you can't go back.

Hope this helps :)

It is boring in my opinion. CXP gains from those missions are low compared to XP gains. If you have to reach max level and you want to play story, I suggest do just that. Don't power level with heroics and fps, for the sake of rushing to the end line. Enjoy the best parts of the game in the way they should be enjoyed.

I have a lvl 70 Gunslinger that still has "The Gambler", the first Story mission on Coruscant in her log so its deffinately possible, the only real downside is that you do not own a ship and can't use things that require you to have a ship until you've finished Coruscant. Edited by hof_th

thanks guys. just one more doubt, how can i travel around without a ship? i have to travel to each planet for doing heroics, right?

Once you get to level 10, you get the "go to Fleet" emergency pass ability. On the Fleet you can take heroics from the terminal in one part of the fleet. Or you use the Ctrl+G activities panel to select the heroics you want to do.

Then you use the "heroic transport" button by the heroic in the on-screen mission log to move to the location of the mission.

You cannot go to Quesh this way since there are no heroics there.

Technically it's hard if you just start doing other stuff and ignore class story for a while before you hit lvl 10 since you won't have your ship which makes travelling a lot harder. Do class story missions until you get your ship then do whatever you like. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe you can skip the main class quests and level to max level, but they have Master's Datacron that you can buy in the cartel market or the galactic trade market. This item will level your character to 70 and let you do the main class store with a max level character with level 70 gear.

Hope this helps.

I don't believe you can skip the main class quests and level to max level, but they have Master's Datacron that you can buy in the cartel market or the galactic trade market. This item will level your character to 70 and let you do the main class store with a max level character with level 70 gear.

Hope this helps.

That is incorrect. As stated earlier, you don't need to do the class story to level up. I would recommend, as also mentioned earlier in the thread, to at least complete the capitol world to get a ship (you can't even catch a ride on someone else's ship unless you have your own).

Anyway, the point is: Class story and level are not interlinked. You can easily level up through doing heroics, flashpoints and/or pvp. And you can do it in a matter of days.

I bought master datacron and now farming heroics for nice gear ;)

The heroics themselves won't directly give you better-performing gear than the set you get from the datacron. Better-looking, sure, but not better-performing.(1) Of course they *will* give you a reasonable but not exceptional quantity of CXP, but I'd say that there are more effective ways of getting CXP.

(1) Most of the Eternal Commander sets are at best "meh" and in some cases just plain ugly, although I quite like the smuggler one. The tier 3 "Iokath" and tier 4 "GEMINI" sets are all somewhere far beyond "merely" hideous.

Yeah, I much prefer the Heroics gear you get that are level-based. Example: "Thermal" (Hoth) gear you get only when you are levels 38-41. These sets were one of the nicer additions to the game. When I start a toon, I save a lot of the early gear, including from starter planet, for Outfit Designer stamping.

Presumably, you miss all that when you start with a Master's Datacron.

I am just acquiring money for buying from GTN.... what are the other ways of getting cxp? remember i didn't finish class quest, so i don't want to do anything story related...

Flashpoints, operations, dailies, warzones. Heroics have relatively low rewards because they aren't really hard enough nor sufficiently time-consuming to justify more. (With a +100% booster running, the Yavin weekly gives around 20K CXP. CZ-198's weekly gives a better CXP-per-time rate than Yavin, but the total reward is less - but still better than you can get for the same time doing heroics.)

Warzones *also* reward Unassembled Components that help you upgrade your gear.

Flashpoints, operations, dailies, warzones. Heroics have relatively low rewards because they aren't really hard enough nor sufficiently time-consuming to justify more. (With a +100% booster running, the Yavin weekly gives around 20K CXP. CZ-198's weekly gives a better CXP-per-time rate than Yavin, but the total reward is less - but still better than you can get for the same time doing heroics.)

Warzones *also* reward Unassembled Components that help you upgrade your gear.

so how many hours i may have to play to get 300 command level?

so how many hours i may have to play to get 300 command level?

What does it really matter if it's 4 hours, 10 hours or 40 hours? Do you enjoy playing? That's what matters in the end.

How much time it takes one person, or some people, may be different than how much time it takes others. Enjoy the game. The levels will come.