Arming the Empire - Free Gear ICly <Hosted by Esoteric Order>

Flightsaber

EDIT:

Arming the Empire has been upheld as a weekly event since the launch of FTP, but this week we will discontinue the weekly event in preparation for a more expansive monthly event. There will be no more weekly Arming the Empire events. Instead, we wil have one major Arming the Empire event each month:

Future Arming the Empire events will include adaptive gear for higher levels, and culminate in a server-wide event such as mass WZ queuing, World PVP, Introductory Raiding (open to all max level players), flash mobs, and others.

The first monthly event will be scheduled shortly. Thank you for participating in our IC gear distributions in the past!

-Sykes, Esoteric Order

(Previous post follows:)

In an effort to welcome the new Free to Players, encourage the continuation of roleplay on the server, and proudly uphold the excellence and benevolence of Jung Ma's community, Esoteric order will be hosting weekly RP events where we will pass out free high-quality low-level gear on Dromund Kaas in character.

Event: Arming the Empire

When: 8-8:45ish pm Friday Nights, starting November 16th, after the launch of FTP.

Where: Dromund Kaas, Northern Taxi point in Kaas City (the one that connects to the three areas of the citadel).

What: EO will be passing out free gear for all classes, levels 9-20. This will be done in character.

More information:

For the purposes of this event, we will be roleplaying that the Empire is distributing arms in an effort to prepare their citizens for the inevitable war with the Republic.

Many people in Esoteric Order have been furiously reverse engineering and crafting goods for this event for several weeks now. Although this is a guild event, anyone who wants to come is more than welcome to either pass out quality gear they've crafted, or log onto an alt and collect gear from our stockpiles until we run out.

If you do chose to craft materials and want to save inventory space, you may want to send materials to an alt. You can then leave the items in the mailbox until the time of the event. Note that items left in the mail are deleted after 30 days, so be sure to loot them before then.

On behalf of the Order, thank you for making Jung Ma the server we know and love - a place where we can run flashpoints and warzones without hearing someone bash the healer or flame other players in group chat, and where guilds can come together to organize several server-wide events. It's absolutely refreshing. That said, please come out and grab some gear! :)

-Sykes, Jung Ma. Esoteric Order.

Edited by Flightsaber

<Esoteric Order> is working toward making Jung Ma a better server for everyone. As the Guildmaster, I'd like to say that this is in fact a legit event that people in the guild have been working hard to prepare for.

Darth Shade will be there (Real Life Permitting) most Fridays, for those who want to Roleplay with the dreaded leader of the Order :).

Our guild has come up with a pretty incredible inventory of high-quality equipment to pass out, so please join us on Fridays at 8pm after the launch of FTP!

Feel free to post here if you intend to bring an alt or want to join us in passing out gear and easing new free-to-players into role-play.

Edited by Flightsaber

Due to recent announcements, this event will be modified slightly for FTP characters:

If a character is unable to receive items via trade due to account restrictions, their name will be taken down for mailing purposes.

Preferred players (former subscribers or FTPs that pay for cartel coins) will have some trading restrictions lifted, although to my knowledge what they can and cannot do hasn't been specified.

With the launch of FTP on the 15th, the first Arming the Empire event will take place on Friday, November 16th at 8pm, as planned. Come out and grab some free gear! :D

Edited by Flightsaber

<Esoteric Order> is working toward making Jung Ma a better server for everyone. As the Guildmaster, I'd like to say that this is in fact a legit event that people in the guild have been working hard to prepare for.

Darth Shade will be there (Real Life Permitting) most Fridays, for those who want to Roleplay with the dreaded leader of the Order :).

Awesome, keep doin wht ur doin.

This is slated to happen again tomorrow night (Friday the 23rd) at 8PM EST. Sykes will not be able to make it but Myself and Koldarc will be there along with the rest of the Guild to hand out/mail items to new players of all play types (F2P, Preferred, or Subscriber.)

Come out to Dromund Kaas, Kaas City, Northern Taxi point and meet <Esoteric Order>, RP, Socialize and get your FREE low level gear! Alts are also welcome to gear up no matter how many level 50's you have.

Though I had no idea at the time that this was going to be happening, I saw y'all there doing this and thought it was pretty cool that anyone would even do such a thing. Hopefully your acts of kindness helped garner in more eventual subscribers than had nothing been done.

HOLY CRAP.

I'm European and that doesn't really matter, but because of that I made a char on Progenitor. It's a great server but uh.. I became curious and so I checked on how other RP servers are doing on other continents and well! YOU GUYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER. LOL. A event and a community that just rocks makes me want to hop over! Say.. I just might!

Question is: Will my MS (Ping) be terrible? D:

Thank you both for the comments! I'm glad you enjoyed them and like our idea! We will continue to hold this event every Friday (Including this one coming up). If you want to come by and RP with us, your more than welcome to do so!

We invite EVERYONE to come out and get some gear, meet some people, and maybe get some RP in. Its not a Recruitment effort, its simply a way our guild helps give back to the Jung Ma community.

• 2 weeks later...

This event had been running a bit slow, but now that the Holidays are over, you can expect to see us back in Kaas City handing out gear once again!

Every Friday around 8-9PM EST we will be near the Northern Taxi in Kaas City (The one to the Sith Sanctum) and we will be handing out blue and purple gear for levels 9-20. Please feel free to stop by! We welcome New, Returning, and Alt Players to come get some free crafted and looted gear to help you on your journey to level 50!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it does require a large portion of Guild Effort in order to craft/loot the gear to hand out. In the end though, it is worth it (Even the trolls and rude people are inconsequential). The helpful, friendly atmosphere really makes the new players feel welcome, and even helps Alternate and Returning players too!

As for Arming the Empire, we are going strong. Friday at 8 we will begin handing out items once again! We've recently added Cartel stuff to the mix, so come out and get your free stuff!