PvP Armor in 2.0? Is EWH Obsolete?

DroidDreamer

Trying to find info on this so I will ask the experts: Has Elite War Hero become obsolete in 2.0? Is there a new tier of PvP armor with new/better armorings/mods/enhancements? If so, what is the cost of said armor and what is happening to War Hero and Elite War Hero? Is EWH being reduced in price down to the cost of WH (similar to how WH now costs the same as what Battlemaster used to cost)?

Forgive me but for a number of reasons I can't go on the PTS to test right now so I am asking those who know on these forums.

There is a new level 55 PvP gear tier with improved armorings/mods/enhancements? Do you know or are you speculating?

Speculating, but I do not see why there would not be for level 55, especially since they stated that the new PvP gear will have the expertise changes in it, and the old gear will not.

2 new pvp gear sets both 55 one you can buy with regular warzones comms the other requires ranked comms. Videos on you tube.

You know, I really don't mind the constant grind. This is an MMO afterall. I wan't upset when WH became the new Battlemaster. But the time lapse between the release of EWH and its obsolescence is pretty darn short in this case. Makes you wonder if it's worth the grind. ;)

Only like 20 point difference between the regular warzone set and the ranked set "unoptimized of course". Looks like they are going to stick with the war hero/elite war hero model. The look is bad tho kind of like bugs.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-level-55-new-gear-models-preview/

I do like the minimal gap between the sets; felt the same about EWH and WH. I don't like the art direction but with the orange mod system I can pick my own look so that's cool. And it's better than the swamp thing sorc armor! ;)

It is a little surprising that the new gear set is out so quickly after the last that's my only real "complaint" -- if you could call it that. I'm not going anywhere, of course, but it does make you wonder how far the next set is...

I appreciate the lack of gear gap as well as you can take your time and really BiS your the first set. As it stands only those that really really want the best will go for the ranked gear the rest will probably either farm it or optimize it then make a slow progression from there. Overall I am very happy with the new gear and that they are sticking with their system my worry was you would have to trade in the Elite War Hero to go to the next tier I am immensely relieved that it will NOT be like that.

I appreciate the lack of gear gap as well as you can take your time and really BiS your the first set. As it stands only those that really really want the best will go for the ranked gear the rest will probably either farm it or optimize it then make a slow progression from there. Overall I am very happy with the new gear and that they are sticking with their system my worry was you would have to trade in the Elite War Hero to go to the next tier I am immensely relieved that it will NOT be like that.

Feel the same. It's nice to be able to quickly and easily go BiS at the lower tier and take your time going BiS at the higher tier. Since the WH/EWH change of equalizing gear, there have been a lot less matches where I felt gear was the deciding factor.

But dammit, Bioware, I wasn't done going BiS with EWH and you're already making it obsolete! Oh, well, rinse and repeat I guess. ;)

Well, the new gear has the same mods, 61 for the partisan gear and 63 for the higher. They cost seems to be pretty much the same for WH and EWH. Though I haven't compared my stats from my WH gear with the Partisan gear. So I guess whoever has minmaxed EWH is still gonna kick *** and it's probably not that different to the new ger?

Well, the new gear has the same mods, 61 for the partisan gear and 63 for the higher. They cost seems to be pretty much the same for WH and EWH. Though I haven't compared my stats from my WH gear with the Partisan gear. So I guess whoever has minmaxed EWH is still gonna kick *** and it's probably not that different to the new ger?

The look doesn't matter. If it's still the same mods, then the old tier is not obsolete yet.

The difference (when i looked at it briefly last night), was that while the new sets are still rated at 61/63, they have a slight expertise boost over current sets and the main stats on the armoring are much higher.

The difference (when i looked at it briefly last night), was that while the new sets are still rated at 61/63, they have a slight expertise boost over current sets and the main stats on the armoring are much higher.

In the armorings only or in all of the mods/enhancements as well?

Expertise is going to be huge it will be more important than Power. Expertise will have no DR just like Power but will have more affect as it will adjust Damage/Reduction/Heals so even if they only buff the expertise it is going to be significant even over fully optimized EWH. At least that is what I am guessing.

so do i need to buy the new warhero gear to trade in for the next gear? or can i just trade in my old war hero

Neither the new War Hero gear is only obtainable at 55 and then you can buy the first set with regular comms with no trade in. To get the next set you need Ranked Comms and the previous gear. Does that make sense?

They are going to add yet another tier of gear to grind out, Warlord with 65 rating. If you were thinking about taking a break from the game and are tired of grinding for gear that will be obsolete 6 months down the road, now is the time.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

For those that have had a chance to purchase the gear on the PTS...

What are the tokens used for the basic set at 55 and then what tokens are used for the Elite set.

What I'm saying is did they replace warzone comms with another form of currency, and did they also replace rwz coms with another form of currency. Just wondering if we do the same thing we did when leveling to 50 and stock up on the wz comms/and rwz comms.