Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come back recently after some time of absence to play a bit in the Star Wars world for a while.

While I am playing in a guild that has seen its best times and hardly a player remains, it is in principle a good idea to let guilds choose a clear goal and set up the rewards accordingly, particularly after the last big server merge.

When I do play SW:TOR, I play a lot though. I don't do Operations or classic PvP, but everything else, including small Operation-Like missions (such as Xenoanalyst II or The Eyeless), lots of hard mode (i.e. master) flashpoints, and lots of Galactic Starfighter. It's not that difficult for me to bring one character through conquest, but a second character is really difficult now, especially if I have one day, such as the sunday, where I want to seriously play.

Problems that I had last week:

1) Critical Missions [Galactic Flashpoints] applies to both "Galactic Conflicts" and "Veteran Flashpoints". In retrospect it did not make sense at all for me to queue for Veteran Mode Flashpoints at all. Firstly that limits the points I can get with one character, because I tend to collect both, secondly it makes it pointless to play flashpoints with more than one character, because the first already collected the reward.

2) The mission rewards for doing the bonus mission in a hard mode flashpoint can only be collected once per day. While it used to be available only once per week, the reward was higher and the stronghold bonus applied to it. Only 50% in my case (Coruscant and Nar Shadaa), but still 50% is a lot better than nothing.

3) The rewards for a single one GSF battle or a single one flashpoint via group finder are negligible. Last week there was at least an additional bonus for a single one GSF battle won 1/day.

4) While crafting I was completely unable to log into some of my off characters, because that would have prevented the crafting character whom I actually wanted to reap the "Many War Supplies" points to get them. My off characters had been creating additional "Infantry Supply Kits", "Starship Weapons" and "Armoured Vehicles", while my main character had been doing "Holocrons of Strategy", "Crystal Capacitors" and "Invasion Forces". Because the Invasion Forces took almost four hours in total, while the other items took a lot less time, logging in to the other crafter characters would have ruined conquest for me.

5) A minor problem, but something I wish to notice: I don't quite see the connection between the various flashpoints that were rewarded. Previrously there seemed to be something of a common theme. Now we got: Blood Hunt, Taral V, The Esseles, Directive 7, Cademimu, Battle of Rishi and Athiss? Why such a random collection? Why not a meaningful theme? Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi make sense along with the other flashpoints from the Shadow of Revan and prelude.

So, to conclude, it doesn't seem like it makes a lot sense to do more than three flashpoints at all in a week that is nominally a flashpoint week. I have one character at 17k+ and one at 5k+ and that's it.

Without the crafting or without the stronghold bonus I wouldn't have made it. Something like thirty GSF matches over several characters hardly matter at all. To pick sunday to really do flashpoints was a bad choice because the bonus boss rewards were daily for the entire legacy. Even though the descriptive text advertised it as a flashpoint centric week, the game changes actually give us little reason to play more than three master mode flashpoints.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Agreed, being overly complimentary is equally useless

If you're implying that I compliment them a significant amount, I would advise you to check my post history. Don't mistake understanding or possible validation of their decisions as complimenting them. I can probably count the times I have complimented them on one hand.

If you're implying that I compliment them a significant amount, I would advise you to check my post history. Don't mistake understanding or possible validation of their decisions as complimenting them. I can probably count the times I have complimented them on one hand.

To be fair you've implied the rest of us have been overly critical. Much of the criticism stems from the length of time it took to fix the command system - i.e. they could put in little patches to nerf any form of farming, but no lets not put in a patch to make it a tad easier in any way, you get to wait months for that.

This time they nerfed it to the point where its not even farmable. I went from capping up to 15 toons to capping up to 3. Thats an 80% nerf.

I was speaking in general terms, as I assume you were.

There are certain people who post on this thread with the clear goal of drowning out and mocking valuable feedback, offering nothing of value to the conversation. They are quite easy to identify and the general guidance is not to engage them...

To be fair you've implied the rest of us have been overly critical. Much of the criticism stems from the length of time it took to fix the command system - i.e. they could put in little patches to nerf any form of farming, but no lets not put in a patch to make it a tad easier in any way, you get to wait months for that.

This time they nerfed it to the point where its not even farmable. I went from capping up to 15 toons to capping up to 3. Thats an 80% nerf.

If that was their intention, they see it as a success. The changes to conquest dont prevent you from still playing those other toons, so the motivation and interest in playing more than one toon is each individuals choice, but won't significantly affect scoring in conquest anymore, like it did in the broken pre-5.8 conquest system.

If the system was perfect, there wouldn't have been change. If they changed something intentionally (and have backed it up with actions and words), it would be safe to assume that part of the old system was one of the broken parts. If you can't wrap your mind around that, you will be frustrated by the changes until you realize that alt-impact on conquest is intended to be minimal.

Other than that, the same base system is in place - you do stuff, you get points for your guild. Now you must prioritize which toons guild you wish to help.

Edited by olagatonjedi

There are certain people who post on this thread with the clear goal of drowning out and mocking valuable feedback, offering nothing of value to the conversation. They are quite easy to identify and the general guidance is not to engage them...

Is it your responsibility to determine what is valuable feedback?

If that was their intention, they see it as a success. The changes to conquest dont prevent you from still playing those other toons, so the motivation and interest in playing more than one toon is each individuals choice, but won't significantly affect scoring in conquest anymore, like it did in the broken pre-5.8 conquest system.

If the system was perfect, there wouldn't have been change. If they changed something intentionally (and have backed it up with actions and words), it would be safe to assume that part of the old system was one of the broken parts. If you can't wrap your mind around that, you will be frustrated by the changes until you realize that alt-impact on conquest is intended to be minimal.

It actually does effectively keep me from playing the other toons. As I have a guild to run, the overwhelming majority of ny playtime is not spent keeping myself happy but actively encouraging guild activities that everyone enjoys. For the current crew this usually involves a lot of pvp.

Unfortunately since these changes PvP is NOT am effective means of obtaining conquest.

15000 / 213 = 70.4 ~ 71 matches to cap one toon in the preferred playstyle of my guild members. This means most of them are capping maybe one toon per week.

We also are expanding the guild ship, which is my main purpose for even attempting conquest in the first place. Give me some other inexpensive means of procuring encryptions and i would be happy to say goodbye to conquest forever.

In the meantime most of our encryptions come from me and my one buddy. Which this week will amount to... 6 encryptions. We need roughly 40 more to unlock a room. Thats 8 weeks at current alt capping rates.

So yes, i have literal dozens of alts i went to the effort of levelling and in many cases gearing that are currently more useless than the sniper i have camping a datacron on corellia.

I do realize the changes were intentional. They themselves have stated that they want more people to do more different types of content. I feel this is an exercise in folly in intention, and a complete failure in execution. In the old conquest, everyone could help the guild, whether they could be on 4 hours a night like me or an hour or two a week. Now? Its practically impossible to be a substantive contributor unless you have at least the time i do.

And on alts, i have yet to hear how they were a problem. Someone said the disproportionately helped large guilds get outrageous scores; however, they also helped small guilds MAKE the board.

Their idea of splitting the planets by size was nice... and has failed utterly miserably.

I am not delusional enough to believe a rollback is in the cards. I do believe that a makeover on the level of the command system is possible BUT i request it happen far faster.

And please for gods sake learn from the experience this time. Although the lack of response to any of the concern about the tank changes is NOT promising.

We also are expanding the guild ship, which is my main purpose for even attempting conquest in the first place. Give me some other inexpensive means of procuring encryptions and i would be happy to say goodbye to conquest forever.

Commander runs. Go to particular bases in PvP instance (should be up your alley, as PvPers) on Alderaan, Tatooine, Corellia, Ilum, Belsavis, Hoth, Quesh, and Yavin 4, beat up the Veteran Sith/Jedi Battlemaster or their named counterparts. They drop up to eight or twelve Encryptions; unnamed Commanders have a chance to drop one Framework, named Commanders always will. Unnamed can sometimes be taken out with 1-2 skilled players, Named with about four, but you'd want to bring 8-12 just to maximise the Encryptions dropped (each player up to that number gets one).

Happy hunting :rak_03:

Also for reasons better left unexplained they seem not only be tolerated but even encouraged by moderation.

It actually does effectively keep me from playing the other toons. As I have a guild to run, the overwhelming majority of ny playtime is not spent keeping myself happy but actively encouraging guild activities that everyone enjoys. For the current crew this usually involves a lot of pvp.

Unfortunately since these changes PvP is NOT am effective means of obtaining conquest.

15000 / 213 = 70.4 ~ 71 matches to cap one toon in the preferred playstyle of my guild members. This means most of them are capping maybe one toon per week.

In the meantime most of our encryptions come from me and my one buddy. Which this week will amount to... 6 encryptions. We need roughly 40 more to unlock a room. Thats 8 weeks at current alt capping rates.

So yes, i have literal dozens of alts i went to the effort of levelling and in many cases gearing that are currently more useless than the sniper i have camping a datacron on corellia.

I do realize the changes were intentional. They themselves have stated that they want more people to do more different types of content. I feel this is an exercise in folly in intention, and a complete failure in execution. In the old conquest, everyone could help the guild, whether they could be on 4 hours a night like me or an hour or two a week. Now? Its practically impossible to be a substantive contributor unless you have at least the time i do.

And on alts, i have yet to hear how they were a problem. Someone said the disproportionately helped large guilds get outrageous scores; however, they also helped small guilds MAKE the board.

Their idea of splitting the planets by size was nice... and has failed utterly miserably.

I am not delusional enough to believe a rollback is in the cards. I do believe that a makeover on the level of the command system is possible BUT i request it happen far faster.

And please for gods sake learn from the experience this time. Although the lack of response to any of the concern about the tank changes is NOT promising.

It sounds like you were affected in various areas, and that's unfortunate.

You can complain, or you can adapt. Ask yourself if complaining will change much. If you adapt, you set different goals or reevaluate whether you enjoy running a guild, or conquest, or anything else you find that is "worse" than before. If you dont like something, or feel it's more of a challenge, then make a productive choice. Complaining won't bring back the old system, so either way, you will need to adapt, either away from the system, or to the system.

I think my thread asking who likes the conquest changes speaks for itself. Out of the 927 views, 1 person said he liked the changes, two responses that are basically indifferent to the changes, but most were off-target/random responses.

Some may try to rationalize it and say "the vocal forum community isn't that large." This is true for most general forum nonsense, but I have seen names of people that lurk, and rarely post, speak up against this atrocity called conquest. If it's bad enough to draw out those lurkers to speak against it, then any lurkers that like it would have spoken up as well.

So there you go, BW. You made one person happy. Good job. :rolleyes:

I believe that the forum community scales with the with the total number of people still playing the game. So, it's no surprise to me that the forum community has gotten so small.

Commander runs. Go to particular bases in PvP instance (should be up your alley, as PvPers) on Alderaan, Tatooine, Corellia, Ilum, Belsavis, Hoth, Quesh, and Yavin 4, beat up the Veteran Sith/Jedi Battlemaster or their named counterparts. They drop up to eight or twelve Encryptions; unnamed Commanders have a chance to drop one Framework, named Commanders always will. Unnamed can sometimes be taken out with 1-2 skilled players, Named with about four, but you'd want to bring 8-12 just to maximise the Encryptions dropped (each player up to that number gets one).

Happy hunting :rak_03:

I dont have 8-12 people on to run these any more. Last night there were 4 of us at the peak. And we do one of these a week normally. Just like we did before. And before we usually got conquest for it too.

It sounds like you were affected in various areas, and that's unfortunate.

You can complain, or you can adapt. Ask yourself if complaining will change much. If you adapt, you set different goals or reevaluate whether you enjoy running a guild, or conquest, or anything else you find that is "worse" than before. If you dont like something, or feel it's more of a challenge, then make a productive choice. Complaining won't bring back the old system, so either way, you will need to adapt, either away from the system, or to the system.

Is this not a feedback thread? With this new system how can i, as a guild leader, guarantee that I personally get the same number of encryptions as I used to? I refuse to ask my members to do anything i would not do myself (or cannot do myself) so i will never ask them to buy stuff for me.

I try to organize guild activities - the issue with the new system is, my people DON'T ENJOY the activities I'm trying to force.

So the only adaptation i can make is to accept the slower growth rate and hope Musco actually is reading the feedback.

I Is this not a feedback thread? With this new system how can i, as a guild leader, guarantee that I personally get the same number of encryptions as I used to? I refuse to ask my members to do anything i would not do myself (or cannot do myself) so i will never ask them to buy stuff for me.

I try to organize guild activities - the issue with the new system is, my people DON'T ENJOY the activities I'm trying to force.

So the only adaptation i can make is to accept the slower growth rate and hope Musco actually is reading the feedback.

Feedback to improve the system, not revert it back to the old system.

And if you are expecting to gain the same number of encryptions in the current system, you need to change your expectations to match what the game is allowing, and what your guild is capable of in the new system.

As for not doing things you dont want to do, it's your choice or your guilds choice, but you must also temper your expectations if you choose not to engage in them all. I would love to get him credit for running story mode content, but I'm not going to complain over and over or expect them to change it to suit my needs.

And if you are expecting to gain the same number of encryptions in the current system, you need to change your expectations to match what the game is allowing, and what your guild is capable of in the new system.

As for not doing things you dont want to do, it's your choice or your guilds choice, but you must also temper your expectations if you choose not to engage in them all. I would love to get him credit for running story mode content, but I'm not going to complain over and over or expect them to change it to suit my needs.

Read my first post from today in this thread. I specifically stated I was NOT delusional enough to expect a return to the old system. I DO expect them to take the overwhelmingly negative feedback into consideration and improve the system, on the scale of what they did for Galactic Command. And i expressed desire that they do so far faster than with GC, which in my opinion took far too long (and involved far too many early nerfs before accepting we weren't going to stop whining) to adjust.

I have been forced to change my EXPECTATIONS. I am not forced to change my OPINION. I do not see why I should be locked into getting at most 3 encryptions a week, and nobody has given me any reasonable expectation as to why. I will listen to reason, however nobody has provided me a logically well founded one.

I do not expect them to change things to suit my personal needs, i expect (and based on reading here, believe) that I am hardly the only person in this scenario. I am undoubtedly not the only unhappy one. And fundamentally - aren't we supposed to be having fun? I pay to play what I want - not what Musco, Kanning, and co think i should want.

Who died and elected you jesus? they asked for feedback, they didnt state your specifications for that feedback.

Who died and elected you jesus? they asked for feedback, they didnt state your specifications for that feedback.

I am starting to think it's a burner account from an BW/EA member. he speaks with a lot of authority and seems to know what they want to do and where they are going with conquest. *puts tinfoil cap on* :p

I have been forced to change my EXPECTATIONS. I am not forced to change my OPINION. I do not see why I should be locked into getting at most 3 encryptions a week, and nobody has given me any reasonable expectation as to why. I will listen to reason, however nobody has provided me a logically well founded one.

A logical reason would be that the amount people were getting in the old system was deemed too many in a short period of time.

I do not expect them to change things to suit my personal needs, i expect (and based on reading here, believe) that I am hardly the only person in this scenario. I am undoubtedly not the only unhappy one. And fundamentally - aren't we supposed to be having fun? I pay to play what I want - not what Musco, Kanning, and co think i should want.

And you can still play what you want. As with everything in life, and this game, people decide what their ultimate priority goal is, and there is a path to it. It may not be all wrapped in a bow perfectly the way they wish, but the path is there.

A logical reason would be that the amount people were getting in the old system was deemed too many in a short period of time.

But why? Me getting encryptions hurt no one else and helped me, ergo I fail to see this as problematic.

And you can still play what you want. As with everything in life, and this game, people decide what their ultimate priority goal is, and there is a path to it. It may not be all wrapped in a bow perfectly the way they wish, but the path is there.

I have a guild to run, say this all you want, but a vast majority of my time is spent helping the guild. Not in screwing off however I desire.

But why? Me getting encryptions hurt no one else and helped me, ergo I fail to see this as problematic.

I have a guild to run, say this all you want, but a vast majority of my time is spent helping the guild. Not in screwing off however I desire.

Kendra and others, may I kindly refer you to the below?:

Read the conquest "feedback" or complaints. There is huge backlash from the vocal minority on the forums stating that they should've just made small, quick fixes to conquest. They were very adamant about it, too. So when BW makes a small, quick fix to skank tanking (which has been around since launch, btw), then the outrage suggests they should've revamped the entire system.

The contradiction and expectations of the community are destructive. Its evidence that the playerbase will never be pleased, and are just looking for reasons to criticize. Why they want to simply criticize instead of enjoy what they have is beyond me, though.

Is this what you call civil and polite? Bashing everyone who disagrees with you, devaluing other people's experiences and opinions, making insulting blanket statements about how all they want to do is criticize and they'll never be happy? Shame on you.

Comparing the problems with conquest against the problems with the proposed tank changes is very much comparing apples with oranges. Some problems need small, quick fixes. Some problems need complete overhauls. If you apply the wrong type of 'fix' to a problem, you will often make it worse. That's what EA is doing in both situations here, applying the wrong 'fixes' that don't actually fix what's broken, but instead introduce new problems.

How about you stay on topic and stop derailing threads with personal attacks?

Edited by AscendingSky

Is it your responsibility to determine what is valuable feedback?

And is it yours? I think not. All you've done here is criticize others, or make attempts to discredit any feedback people have given.

You're pretty much saying "adapt, shut the hell up, and just play the game" to anyone who has complained about the new system. Who the hell are you to come off like that? Yeah, we can adapt. But why should we have to do it quietly like little sheep? Do you pay our subs? If you pay my sub, I'll gladly play the way you want me to play. In the meantime, just go away. No one here needs your delusional point of view.

Back to ignore. :rolleyes: