How to beat Stark, Nadia quest.

Zeppex

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done it yesterday, died 12 times (not counting Force Cloaks)

As tanking shadow I had basicaly no chance of killing him directly. This worked for me:

1) Aggro him, do same burst dmg and run behind corner

2) Jump on crates and stay there

3) Taunt him, throw Projects on him, interrupt his AoE ability and heal and always hide from his Projects/other spells

4) Let Nadia get him

:D

Edited by Jindrolim

I admit when the fight started I was unprepared for it, using a new companion which cant really tank well didn't help either.

I was 45 lvl when I did the quest (seer spec). Basically I did my best to keep my companion alive, I refreshed dots on stark when I could shield my companion and used our drop aggro ability whenever he turned to me.

The most important thing to do is interrupt his benevolence as it heals him for a good chunk of his hp. Ofcourse seeing when he casted it while healing like crazy to keep nadia up was a problem.

After about 10 min or so, he went down.

as an infiltration shadow, rushed through story on hoth and belsavis to get nadia, so im facing stark as lvl 39^^

i know its impossible, no matter what. doing Wzs now to get 40, so im able to actually hit him.

but kiting around piles, boxes, or anything where you can abuse line of sight helps immensely. defeated 5 lvls higher battle droid on belsavis, took almost 20 minutes though, same with lord kyrus, who really gave me a headache with his teleport+shadow strike^^

noticed that actually all bosses are easy as long as they dont outlevel you by 3+.

the only one i didnt managed to kill was lord tharsis (balmorra bonus series), didnt try hard enough though.

but back to stark. kite him out of his room, sp you can run around that big box. taunt + project + (depending on spec) force breach in shadow technic. use deflection on cooldown. and as soon as resilience is off cd, pop it to resist his bladestorm and unload everything on him. run around box to wait for cd on resilience and medipack, repeat. dont forget to taunt him to not get nadia killed.

Good work around switching pets once you walk in with Nadia, BUT that's not whats suppose to happen.

Nadia is god awful, WEAK TO SAY THE LEAST. I will never use her just like i will NEVER use the droid they gave us also.

Some of the companions are just worthless Nadia being one of them.

Biggest problem for a seer spec on this fight is SPAM HEALING and trying to interrupt Starks

STUPID damage/heal spell.

Focus target would be really cool in this instance.

As usual in most MMO's being a healer is very unrewarding. This quest just frustrates me.

On a side note when are they going to fix raid frames. Sure would be nice to see that people are low on health. or at least show their correct health at all. Guess thats to much to ask.

I feel like my companions are broken or bugged because most of them are horrid. The only one I can use with somewhat efficacy is Theran. I'm on this quest the moment, was hoping the newest companion would be reliable but no luck :(. Edited by IceJudge

I had Theran out, so aslong as i was interupting all of his cast's, my health bar was fine. I just rotated between mind snap, low kick and force stun when available. With my stuns and the occasional Holiday deployment, the fight was easy.

It's actually amazing how precise his cast times were in conjunction with my interrupt cooldowns. Almost perfect.

I tried with Tharan, but failed. I have yet to understand which spells to interrupt (I tried only twice before I went to bed LOL). As soon as I was interrupting him, he will start his next cast. From the discussions here I understand that I should interrupt his Benevolence, Project Storm and Disturbance spells.

Any help on how bets to interrupt him?

Thanks for help.

Are you a shadow or sage??

How are you specc'd in your AC???

As a DPS specc'd Sage, I screamed at my monitor 3 times in frustration before I finally took him down.

What I feel is the key, is to use all of your abilities / skills to keep him from healing.

Force Armor every time it is up.....

Force stun his first heal, then cast Channel The Force so you have a regen going and can use Force Stun again.

Use Weaken Mind (DoT) every time it is up.....

Mind Snap the rest of his attempts to heal himself. I try to wait til he is around 80% through his cast, because he can't be kicking your butt while casting....

Mental Alacrity to chain cast benevolence, then hit force armor if it is up.....

This is an extremely tough fight, and if you are the same level, it is even tougher.

May want to try it at least one level higher than he is.........

If you are a Shadow, sorry, can't help ya.........

Keep trying is all I can say........:)

Edited by DClarkNV

I wanted to have Tharan out, but quest stated it needed Nadia out for the kill.

As for guides, as a Infiltration Shadow I would use high spike DPS and then a mixture of Line of Sights with stuns to give myself time to heal and keep using my max range DPS on him, took a few attempts but managed to get it done, was a tough fight and I was doing it under level.

Always use your surroundings to the best advantage you can and remember we are not just a melee only class and can use some ranged attacks when needed.

I wanted to have Tharan out, but quest stated it needed Nadia out for the kill.

You don't, just the conversation. Interesting to note that he doesn't aggro after the conversation ends, only once you attack him. Use this time to get out Tharan.

Seriously, beating him with any AC/spec is as follows:

A.) Get Tharan Out, let him Spam Holiday on Stark and Heal you. Be wary of Boss AoE and don't be afraid to hit crtl + 2 fast to passify Tharan and make him come back to your side (just remember to hit ctrl + 1 again to make him re-engage).

B.) INTERRUPT STARK. That means using force stun, force wave, your interrupt, and LOS along with any other mechanics your class has (hell even a quick lift/break combo if you have to). Do not let him heal! Run away from AOE and LOS if possible. If you can, heal yourself while you have him LOS'd. Use DoTs to maintain dmg progress on him.

C.) Try not to blow long cooldowns until later in the fight! Reason being, there's no point in blowing your 20 min companion CD early only to wipe, and the fight gets tougher the more health Stark loses as he begins to try and heal more. Save em for when you know you've got him down a ways and know you have a solid shot at winning.

I just beat him an hour ago at level 40 (I wanted her at lvl 40, and not med-way to 50).

1. Got atop the storage container behind him where he is idle.

2. Use Nadia as pet.

3. Put nadia on passive.

4. For about 3 - 5 minutes, simply cast dots and instant spells at him. Don't worry if he heals or not.

5. Duck behind the pillar to LOS all of his damage spells.

6. After 5 minutes of generating aggro, unleash Nadia on him. Nadia won't take any damage ever.

7. Now that Nadia is pwnsaucing his face, concentrate on stopping his heals and throwing dots on him. Keep LOSing behind the pillar.

8. Profit.

I died first time just so i could stealth and get the upper hand. I'm a infiltration spec shadow but i used my combat technique instead of shadow technique. worked good. popped my deflection spell (forget the name) and blackout on cooldown, also, have 1 health pack rdy. and interupt ever spell. ESPECIALLY is project spam spell. Died first time. Killed him with 50% my life when i could get him coming from stealth pretty easy.

As a Kinetic Combat Shadow, this fight is borderline impossible. Shadows have no heals, meaning no room for error, or poor registering of LOS by the game. We have one interrupt on a 12 second cooldown, and that's it. I can see how this is easy sauce for a sage, but this needs to be rebalanced.

at the start i just used most of my attacks, then i ran away while he was casting force in balance, i interrupted all his heals and some of his "turbulence" attack. after that i pretty much ran an dodged everything while nadia nuked him down, occasionally i was interrupting his stupid heals etc.

someone just posted the perfect strategy to easily down him at lvl 40. used it myself. as a shadow, especially infiltrator spec, the fight is very easy. get nadia or zenith, set him passive. get on top of that container and spam project/breach everytime it is up. LOS everything. after you did some dmg (note. if you are shadow you dont even need to set ur companion passive since you can taunt) release companion, continue all of the above. interrupt heals. end of story. very easy fight

I just beat him an hour ago at level 40 (I wanted her at lvl 40, and not med-way to 50).

1. Got atop the storage container behind him where he is idle.

2. Use Nadia as pet.

3. Put nadia on passive.

4. For about 3 - 5 minutes, simply cast dots and instant spells at him. Don't worry if he heals or not.

5. Duck behind the pillar to LOS all of his damage spells.

6. After 5 minutes of generating aggro, unleash Nadia on him. Nadia won't take any damage ever.

7. Now that Nadia is pwnsaucing his face, concentrate on stopping his heals and throwing dots on him. Keep LOSing behind the pillar.

8. Profit.

I followed this strategy and it worked like a charm. The key was to keep out of LoS to prevent damage and generating enough aggro.

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. You guys rock!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to say, this is a great story-based MMO, it seems wrong to me to "game the system" by switching companions. It's Nadia's story so use her.

I used Nadia as a seer with no problems, killed him the first time.

But, I did gear Nadia up. Ear, implants, helm, bracers, better armor and lightsaber. The works. I mean, she's supposed to be a companion, right? Why on earth (or anywhere else) are some of you running with her in "4 pieces of crappy green gear"?

If you are geared up, and she is geared up, and you are of an appropriate level for this battle, use your interrupts and other class abilities well, it's really not that challenging a fight.

Edited by padawan_ender