The cartel market is sucking the fun out of this game

Soul_of_Flames

KDY is a tactical Flashpoint.

Tac FPs are created specifically to be brain dead boring, and easy for the casuals to learn in.

The person you're quoting sounds like he's not a casual. Probably one of those who's good with SM and HM Ops, but hasn't been able to do NiMs yet.

He hasn't received any new content in his niche of the game for over 6 months, and from the looks of it, won't be receiving any more till at least 2.8.

Try again.

A flashpoint is still a flashpoint. It's still PvE content, there is no arguing that.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosmetics can be churned out way faster than actual gameplay. Plus the people who make the mounts aren't the same people who make the warzones and operations.

If you consider cosmetics themselves to be gameplay, its about a year and a half late to be bringing up that objection. When the CM was first brought up it was made clear that the CM would sell cosmetics, and subscribers would keep(and hopefully gain more of) content. There wasn't substantial complaint at the time(people were rather more concerned about how f2p would affect things like lag), so that's how things went ahead. As long as its cosmetics being sold on the CM, Bioware's kept true to the stance they've had on it since it was announced.

Actually, the original stated aim of the Cash Shop was to offer "An alternate form of payment", because "Cost of a subscription" was the given leading excuse for 80% of customers not sticking around.

That is not what it is now. You can't replicate a subscription's benefits directly for any amount of cash. The Cash Shop quickly morphed into a way to charge more money for the same game + shinies. Then it morphed again into a Gambling Bag service, because that makes more money than directly offering for purchase the things people actually want.

It was sold as a "super trial" and now it's two services running concurrently, game and Cash Shop. They overlap, but they are two separate entities.

I don't buy from CM... I just play game, then go to GTN and take whatever I want from there.

If fluff is tempting on more than 1 character I just consider buying 2 sets or unlocking collections.

All legacy unlocks I do with credits not with CC.

This way only CC I use are those from subscription price (and pre F2P bonus).

So play the game (market too or grind money) and just buy whatever you like from GTN.

Yeah, sure maybe a pack or two but even that is a major rip-off. It's $15 a month which gives you 500-600ccs (whether or not you have a security key). You can spend $10 specifically in the cartel market and get almost double that (1050ccs). $20 will give you quadruple the sub allowance (2400cc).

I agree with many things mentioned in the OP. Currently my main gripe with the CM is that there is just way too much stuff. There is a total overkill of items. What do I need 80 or whatever different armor sets for? Sure, I don't need them. But anyway, I'm sure you get my point.

I would like to add something about the costs for being a sub though: I do not understand why people keep paying 15 Dollars per month or something. This is totally overpriced. Do yourself a favour and buy 60 day gametime codes off Ebay or other online shops. The current price is about 12 EUR for 60 days. That is 6 EUR per month. And both, the seller as well as EA still make a winning with it.

I get 525 CCs per month from BW. Plus I get 100 CC for the free security key app. That means that I pay 6 EUR every month and get 625 CC for it PLUS ALL the sub perks/features etc. Now, I think this is a pretty good deal. It makes it much easier to continue my sub, too. :)

I agree with many things mentioned in the OP. Currently my main gripe with the CM is that there is just way too much stuff. There is a total overkill of items. What do I need 80 or whatever different armor sets for? Sure, I don't need them. But anyway, I'm sure you get my point.

I would like to add something about the costs for being a sub though: I do not understand why people keep paying 15 Dollars per month or something. This is totally overpriced. Do yourself a favour and buy 60 day gametime codes off Ebay or other online shops. The current price is about 12 EUR for 60 days. That is 6 EUR per month. And both, the seller as well as EA still make a winning with it.

I get 525 CCs per month from BW. Plus I get 100 CC for the free security key app. That means that I pay 6 EUR every month and get 625 CC for it PLUS ALL the sub perks/features etc. Now, I think this is a pretty good deal. It makes it much easier to continue my sub, too. :)

There is way too much stuff? Well that's definitely a new one. I've never really seen someone seriously complain about having too much choice before. I mean, it's not like you have to have those eighty different armour sets, right?

Kuat Drive Yards is a Flashpoint that was released recently.

Flashpoints are PvE content.

Therefor Kuat Drive Yards is recent PvE content.

Try again.

Have you done that lame thing

No hardmode just run around killing stuff till the end

It's pretty weak and te sad part is we are about to see it again with the two new ones being tactical also

It's pretty weak and te sad part is we are about to see it again with the two new ones being tactical also

I've done that awesome flashpoint many times on my lowbies to get them experience to help them level up. It's an easy 20-30 min run for great experience.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

It filled a gap. The gap was all the damage dealers complaining that they suck too bad at playing to ever try tanking or healing, or to get on the friend lists of tanks and healers, and therefore have queues of infinite duration.

Now, with this one flashpoint, those damage dealers can queue very quickly.

The rest of us, those competent enough to tank or heal or deal damage well in groups in flashpoints that require thought and skill, we still have our 6 or 8 or whatever hard modes, right? Or did they take those away?

Is that your complaint? You have no hard modes to do?

Sometimes, in an MMO, players of differing styles from ourselves get stuff too.

Packs need to have legacy gear now, I have too many chars that I share mods with to buy BOE equipment anymore.

I'd rather have this not happen, personally. Getting Legacy gear from event vendors works just fine.

Anything that's worth having in this game comes from the cartel market. Special armor, color crystals, mounts, pets, stafighters, weapons...

Nonsense.

They continue to release item content in game that can only be obtained in game. So stop with the hyperbole if you want to be taken seriously IMO.

example: http://dulfy.net/2014/03/09/swtor-nightmare-dread-fortress-mount-wings-of-the-architect/

Edited by Andryah

Nonsense.

They continue to release item content in game that can only be obtained in game. So stop with the hyperbole if you want to be taken seriously IMO.

example: http://dulfy.net/2014/03/09/swtor-nightmare-dread-fortress-mount-wings-of-the-architect/

Wow, talk about hyperbole. You give one example of an item that probably less than 2% of the games population will actually see. While you where on Dulfy's site did you happen to see how many items where only attainable through the CM? Lol, you link one item, I don't think you know what hyperbole means.

I love the CM. But as another part of the "GTN Game". Every week I blow 4-7mil on a crate...take 3-5 things i want, then sell the rest (and horde all the mats and exp boost...lol)

I like it, its basically a little gambling feature....and I dont need to spend real money to do it...

Wow, talk about hyperbole. You give one example of an item that probably less than 2% of the games population will actually see. While you where on Dulfy's site did you happen to see how many items where only attainable through the CM? Lol, you link one item, I don't think you know what hyperbole means.

No, actually what I did was pick Dulfy's LATEST post for one piece of content on the PTS right now.. that is clearly not some reskin.. and NOT going to be a CM item. You know.. to sight one real time example to combat the hyperbole ------> "that all desirable content comes only from the CM".

It is by no means the only such item entering the game in this manner since launch.

But see... here's the thing.. it's clear from the OPs posts that he is actually OK with the CM.. as long as it is on his terms and provides him content he wants, the way he wants it.

Edited by Andryah

No, actually what I did was pick Dulfy's LATEST post for one piece of content on the PTS right now.. that is clearly not some reskin.. and NOT going to be a CM item. You know.. to sight one real time example to combat the hyperbole ------> "that all desirable content comes only from the CM".

It is by no means the only such item entering the game in this manner since launch.

Having recently played a new alt up to the mid-30's, I can tell you from experience...

- Not one single new quest in that world PvE, unless you stretch "quest" to mean things like a quest to try groupfinder.

- Not one addition of any quest item reward to any quest since at least the F2P switch, if not since launch. (XP boosts being the only exception I noticed).

- Not one single tweak to any mobs in that entire progression. Only tweak I can think of, ever, was the change to Bonus Quest bosses being spawned from glowy clicks.

- No noticeable change to any loot tables for random drops. The same stuff drops at the same rate as it has since launch. Probably a drop rate of 1 artifact per 10 levels, often a completely useless item for that class, though sometimes you get lucky and it's something you can sell on the GTN.

The world PvE part of the game, the part that existed at launch, for perhaps the first time in the history of MMO's, has been kept entirely in an "as is" state for 2.5 years. This is not hypebole, fiction, opinion, or spin. This is fact.

The world PvE part of the game, the part that existed at launch, for perhaps the first time in the history of MMO's, has been kept entirely in an "as is" state for 2.5 years. This is not hypebole, fiction, opinion, or spin. This is fact.

Underlined the hyperbole, fiction and spin part for you.

When did WoW change its existing world PVE prior to Cataclysm, which came out 6 years after launch?

When did Star Trek Online change it's existing world PVE prior to updating the Federation tutorial 3 years after launch?

When did Everquest or Age of Conan or Warhammer Online change their existing world PVE?

MMOs usually add new content alongside the existing content, rather than changing what's already in place.

If you're talking about different things to do while leveling, that's why SWTOR added new leveling options like KDY and GSF.

If you're talking about growing the established world, that's what SWTOR did by adding new areas to existing planets like Black Hole and Section X, and new tasks to be performed in existing zones like the Seeker Droid and Macro-binocular Quests and dig sites, or the Tauntaun Data Collection.

Having recently played a new alt up to the mid-30's, I can tell you from experience...

This "fact" that, as is normal in MMO's, there has been no changes to the initial launch content in the the first two years is important or relevant in what possible way?

You are much better off when you stick to your tried and true "the Cash Shop gambling packs are ruining this game".

Since you seem to having your own discussion, let me remind you of the topic:

Incoming wall of text. Turn back now if you don't want to read it.

I can't be the only person who thinks this. And I realize I'm probably gonna get flamed for this.. but the way they do the cartel market sucks.

I'm all for having the cartel market. Don't get me wrong. But they handle it so poorly that it sucks the fun from the game.

Anything that's worth having in this game comes from the cartel market. Special armor, color crystals, mounts, pets, stafighters, weapons...

Edited by RandomXChance

It's just cosmetic. YOu want the good mods, you gotta play.

And even at that, the coolest looking gear in the game is still only for completing things in game at end game. So your complaint is really invalid. YOu don't like it? Don't buy anything. Grab your normal gear.

It's all about RP. That's why people get specific pack gear.

YOu can even buy that same stuff on the AH so there's no reason to complain about spending cash. Someone else did that..so you could spend credits instead. I'd say that's pretty good.

the REAL Complaint that should be made is the complete lock of PLAYABLE TOGRUTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone refutes the example. You stick your fingers in your ears. Nice.

- Not one single new quest in that world PvE, unless you stretch "quest" to mean things like a quest to try groupfinder.

- Not one addition of any quest item reward to any quest since at least the F2P switch, if not since launch. (XP boosts being the only exception I noticed).

- Not one single tweak to any mobs in that entire progression. Only tweak I can think of, ever, was the change to Bonus Quest bosses being spawned from glowy clicks.

- No noticeable change to any loot tables for random drops. The same stuff drops at the same rate as it has since launch. Probably a drop rate of 1 artifact per 10 levels, often a completely useless item for that class, though sometimes you get lucky and it's something you can sell on the GTN.

I can't take anything you say seriously. Where do you come up with this stuff?

None of that part of the game has a reasonable expectation of change. Good hyperbole btw. More opinion/assumption presented as fact. I should dig up my primer on how you did this before.

Edited by Arkerus

Underlined the hyperbole, fiction and spin part for you.

When did WoW change its existing world PVE prior to Cataclysm, which came out 6 years after launch?

When did Star Trek Online change it's existing world PVE prior to updating the Federation tutorial 3 years after launch?

When did Everquest or Age of Conan or Warhammer Online change their existing world PVE?

MMOs usually add new content alongside the existing content, rather than changing what's already in place.

If you're talking about different things to do while leveling, that's why SWTOR added new leveling options like KDY and GSF.

If you're talking about growing the established world, that's what SWTOR did by adding new areas to existing planets like Black Hole and Section X, and new tasks to be performed in existing zones like the Seeker Droid and Macro-binocular Quests and dig sites, or the Tauntaun Data Collection.

I really want to see how anyone can counter this, this has to be one of the best counters to an argument I have ever seen, well done sir :rak_03:

Edited by Sangrar