Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the big updates that have going on since the beginning of the year, why have the missing codex problems NOT been addressed. Either do away with them totally or fix them, there are some achievements that rely on achieving them. I have not been able to get some achievements because I have not been able to get the broken codex items to complete them. As a subscriber, I feel that putting off some minor patches and fixing the broken codex items that have been broken since beta, would be a giant step forward. So far, SWTOR gets awarded :confused::confused::cool: Edited by PapaTexlar

I have uncovered all the map areas of Makeb. On my achievements tab I show all areas as being checked off, and colored green. However, the game still thinks my achievement is incomplete. Anyone else encounter this? Did you solve it? If so, how?

I don't think you understand my question. I have the MCR-99 droid achievement for Makeb. However, the specific item I am looking for is called Explorer of Makeb. The only requirements is to uncover all the map areas of Makeb. The entire list has green check marks beside it, however, that achievement still shows as incomplete. That's the one I am asking about.

I know the sith academy codex entry has been fixed as it popped for me the other day when i returned to korriban after a year with my 1st inquisitor.

Also I can confirm that you can now obtain the following species codex entries:-

Togrutu on Tython - if you were coming from the shuttle off world at the jedi temple, turn left into room with blue sphere, there is now a datapad behind a seated togruta at the back of the room.

Advozse :- On empire side kill a Fa'athra merc on Hutta, Republic on coruscant in the South eastern part of the old galactix market kill a guild muscle or guild scout.

The following 4 are on Nar Shadaa at the lower promenade(not upper promenade);

Chagrian:- close to the republic taxi there is a chagrian called 'debtor' and the datapad is next to him on a seat.

Arcona:- near a hoolographic tree is a circular seat with a group stood close by with an arconan stood with them, the datapad is on the seat.

Nikto:- datapad is near Ta'rahg the heavy armor vendor.

Neimodian:- datapad is on the counter next to Tunjas the stim vendor.

Just an update: CS request for back-filling a Jokull entry because I've completed the quest long ago and cannot do the quest again (thus indicating I completed it) was denied. Not sure this indicates anything other than the continued random nature of CS responses. Response indicated it is a known bug that will be corrected. Ironically, the entry already works. The problem is, I couldn't get it because I did the quest already ages ago on my first play through. I suppose I'll try finding someone in my guild that hasn't done this and try to party with them to see if it works even if I can't take the quest; but it's a pretty commonly hit quest being part of the Voss world story sequence on Republic side.

Another update. Grouping with someone doing Primary Target the first time does not grant you the Codex for Jokull, either. So this is one that if your original character from the early days of the game cannot get, the likely only way to get it is through CS luck or a future fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
From what I gathered from the the patch notes, they aren't fixing any of the title entries, they are just removing them from the planetary categories so they no longer count towards the planetary codex total.

Yeah I just noticed that. :[ I was so excited when i saw the big *** list of *fixes*. Still, I'd rather they remove the bugged entries than do nothing.

On the positive side, they have apparently fixed the Tarentatek!? And to me, this was the poster child for codex bugs. :]

Devs, please keep fixing these. There really are players who love the exploration and lore side of the game, and in fact it's really the only reason I subscribe.

I still don't understand why Bioware chose to reintroduce the "Paladin of House Organa" title and not the Imperial equivalent, regarding House Thul, not to mention the ones that go into the new category. Feels like a wasted opportunity to me.

I can think of two explanations:

1) I heard a Bioware producer say that codex fixes are not as simple as one should think. So I assume that the rep title depended on a comparatively easier situation/requirement than the imp title.

2) The rep side fix was in an eariler patch. Maybe they originally planned to fix the codexes one by one, but seeing how much work it would be, they now decided to throw out (or relocate) the remaining bugged codexes in bigger bunches, starting with titles in this patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Devs, please keep fixing these. There really are players who love the exploration and lore side of the game, and in fact it's really the only reason I subscribe.

I'm in the same boat for this. I am very happy to see Bioware started to slowly fix codex entries and hopeful to see more fixes coming in the near future. Perhaps if more lore-/exploration-loving players expressed their desire to see this game's feature finally fixed, we would see Bioware paying more attention to this annoying and ugly stain on the game's non-combat content.

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering if I will ever get the Galactic Explorer title- seems a waste of time chasing it. However, I know someone who has it, so why did it work for him and not others- odd.

For me, I have the map all open on Makeb on an Imp toon, and the map all open for Republic Balmorra (obviously on a Rep toon).

Still these 2 areas remain "incomplete" despite World map in each case being open, and all areas for each being checked off as green and done in both cases.

I hope with today's update this is sorted. Waste of Life hours wondering around, for something never going to get.

• 2 weeks later...