Friendly advice to Maras

-Bob-

You should join the discord Im in they always post ridiculous dps/hps or damage taken. Then and again I dont really know better players on this server.

208s (9.75)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294577269165522954/298210565564792834/random.jpg

Average decent post (9.8k)

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374234134467444736/374685902485585920/wxseOUu.png

High end range (14k dps)

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374234134467444736/374601987670540288/14.5klightning.png

The point is if youre going to brag about dps it should at least be higher than 5k. Otherwise whats the point. Anyone can do that by chasing a healer around and not quite killing them.

Theres other 9k-10k ones I didnt bother posting where their gear wasnt quite 248s but you get the idea.

Apparently when numbers farming one of them hit 17k dps. Dunno how far Id have to scroll to see it though.

C'mon now..that 14K Sorc??.....you're stacked against 4 heals, that was setup. May as well have been parse dummies.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon now..that 14K Sorc??.....you're stacked against 4 heals, that was setup. May as well have been parse dummies.

Thats my point... in my original post I specifically mentioned the word parse. :)

He shouldnt be posting about dps when its redundant to a conversation as anyone can do 5k chasing a single healer around.

And I cant speak to the 14k/15k part. Thats not my post. It doesnt seem like he set it up though he has plenty of others 9k+ on his sin (some are 8v8s though from what I remember). And theres the 17k guy. 17k dps isnt too shabby. But Im sure we can lay off the topic.

9.2k of him on sin 4v4

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374234134467444736/389712714907385856/9.2kranked.png

Edited by RACATW

See above

Gotta admit, those are nice DPS values and congrats to everyone doing them.

But please stop claiming those are average. They are not. And they are, as you've mentioned yourself, more dummy parses than meaningful damage numbers. If you kill someone in a duel then have to run across half the map to find the next red you're not going to get those. It needs a supply of red and constant AoE.

That being said, they're still nice numbers and make fine records. But they're by no means average.

määh, Dot Specs, we all know that they can do this, thought we were talking about Fury Mara specs with 10k?

Im sure if someone tried they might be able to do it, theres a guy who got around 8k fury and he plays multiple chars

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374234134467444736/402305374989844490/Screenshot_2018-01-14_22_32_53_374631.jpg

Furys supposed to be doing pretty decent dps after all according to bioware as a quasi burst spec or something along those lines.

Edited by RACATW

Gotta admit, those are nice DPS values and congrats to everyone doing them.

But please stop claiming those are average. They are not. And they are, as you've mentioned yourself, more dummy parses than meaningful damage numbers. If you kill someone in a duel then have to run across half the map to find the next red you're not going to get those. It needs a supply of red and constant AoE.

That being said, they're still nice numbers and make fine records. But they're by no means average.

To me 5k isnt worth talking about in a post

Im sure if someone tried they might be able to do it, theres a guy who got around 8k fury and he plays multiple chars

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/374234134467444736/402305374989844490/Screenshot_2018-01-14_22_32_53_374631.jpg

Furys supposed to be doing pretty decent dps after all according to bioware as a quasi burst spec or something along those lines.

i know this as you can see here. but those numbers aren't normal circumstances. 5k and above is worth to post and i would be happy to have those guys in my team.

i know this as you can see here. but those numbers aren't normal circumstances. 5k and above is worth to post and i would be happy to have those guys in my team.

Not really I imagine he normally gets 1 to 3.5k dps.... Assuming he actually plays objectives and goes to the off nodes to help etc. 5k is just parsing on (unguarded) heals all match.

Edited by RACATW

DPS is really class dependent and should be compared by classes.

DOT/AOE specs can pull above 8k with relative ease as players tend to stack.

Now pure burst specs with no AOE (deception, concealment ...) cannot do more than 8k. Have you ever seen a deception sin pull above 8k in any context ? The max would be 10.5k with perfect uptime 0 misses, 53 apm, and at least 2 healers cross healing a static target (otherwise they would melt, even a single healer).

DPS number only mean things within their context. You can brag with a 6k as deception, but 6k as vengeance is only above average.

DPS is really class dependent and should be compared by classes.

DOT/AOE specs can pull above 8k with relative ease as players tend to stack.

Now pure burst specs with no AOE (deception, concealment ...) cannot do more than 8k. Have you ever seen a deception sin pull above 8k in any context ? The max would be 10.5k with perfect uptime 0 misses, 53 apm, and at least 2 healers cross healing a static target (otherwise they would melt, even a single healer).

DPS number only mean things within their context. You can brag with a 6k as deception, but 6k as vengeance is only above average.

That 15k dps was done by a lightning sorc so I dont know why everybodys getting so defensive about 5k dps being bad for a number farm, it simply is, that's not even the point of pvp. The point of pvp is to win, more than half the time nowdays I spend running to the offnode instead of worrying about dps. If you really want to farm numbers its not hard.

Farming numbers isn't hard. :p Playing objectively (working with your team) and doing that at the same time is.

In fact I respect players who have high amounts of damage taken more along with decent dps more than the guy with high dps and practically no damage taken. Or the guy who ran to the offnode instead of me. Basically theres a number of factors that play into any game, some of my favourite ones were where I had very high prot along with dps and damage taken.

Edited by RACATW

And lightning sorc is a AOE Spec as referred above ... please find me a parse above 8k for deception or concealment, I will wait.

Have you not seen biowares dps charts before?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043#edit9333043

Lightning sorc

Ranged Burst Damage Dealers (down to -5% of target DPS)

Arsenal Mercenary / Gunnery Command

Lightning Sorcerer / Telekinetics Sage

Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger

Again deception has got no AOEs. In that very game (where hoppin got 14k) the maximum it could have done is about 9k, depending on apm, misses, dcds, kiting, and uptime. It absolutely doesn't matter that lightning is 5% down, it has relatively strong AOEs and is all yellow damage which means you can run with 0 accuracy and no misses.

Again deception has got no AOEs. In that very game (where hoppin got 14k) the maximum it could have done is about 9k, depending on apm, misses, dcds, kiting, and uptime. It absolutely doesn't matter that lightning is 5% down, it has relatively strong AOEs and is all yellow damage which means you can run with 0 accuracy and no misses.

That doesn't change the fact lightning is supposed to be a burst spec. :confused:

I'm genuinely not sure what your point is at the end of the day.

Edited by RACATW

Essentially I agree with you, just that some classes cannot do more than 10k because they don't have AOEs or DOT spread, or because they are melee and in PvP every second of damage matters. (Essentially no class has a single target parse higher than 10.5 k so to go beyond that you need AOE spam/DOT spreading.)

That doesn't change the fact lightning is supposed to be a burst spec. :confused:

I'm genuinely not sure what your point is at the end of the day.

The point he is making is that with a bunch of grouped up people, a lightning sorc will actually do a lot of extra damage due to chain lightning hitting other enemies, so even though on single target their damage is down, on grouped up enemies their will have higher dps then the other burst specs.

I’ve been in a game where a fury mara got 9.5k dps, was a full novare coast so props to him, I even whispered him after the game saying gratz.

But yeah I mean those high numbers are doable ofc just rare, I still haven’t beaten my pb of just short of 8k for like agggggeeess...

Those setup arena ss’s tho made me lol hard 😂, 4 heals n madness sorc, cmon hahahahahaha

Essentially I agree with you, just that some classes cannot do more than 10k because they don't have AOEs or DOT spread, or because they are melee and in PvP every second of damage matters. (Essentially no class has a single target parse higher than 10.5 k so to go beyond that you need AOE spam/DOT spreading.)

Yeah I know what youre saying. I used to have a carnage mara until they ruined the playstyle. :(

Reported for what? The internet is way too sensitive.

Eh, Grim has a bad habit of really ticking people off. I've actually already seen some of his posts get removed, and I assume it wasn't by his request. Heck, he may be on a another forum vacation already.

Mara's need to be Nerf.. leave the Survivability but Nerf dps just like Mercs.. would say nerf like 40% of their dps.. it will still competitive

Not sure if troll or not but ill bite , remove 40% dps? 40%? .... Are u retarded perhaps?