Darth Caedus vs Yoda

BrandonSM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think Yoda has a higher knowledge of the Force than Caedus does. I rank Yoda as the wisest Jedi ever. So I think he wins in a battle of Force powers, but it would be close. As for Lightsaber skills. I'm not sure. Yoda demonstrated his skills by fightning Dooku to a standstill and surviving a fight with Sidious so he has the skill. I'm not entirely sure about Caedus, though.

I think Yoda would pull through in the end.

Well, I think Yoda has a higher knowledge of the Force than Caedus does. I rank Yoda as the wisest Jedi ever. So I think he wins in a battle of Force powers, but it would be close. As for Lightsaber skills. I'm not sure. Yoda demonstrated his skills by fightning Dooku to a standstill and surviving a fight with Sidious so he has the skill. I'm not entirely sure about Caedus, though.

Caedus managed to tap Luke with his saber in a duel. He beats Yoda in a lightsaber fight.

Lets put it this way, Caedus took on Grand Master Luke Skywalker to the point where he could actually pose a good threat and the Sword of the Jedi herself was toyed with by Caedus, his damn arm went clean off and he basically didn't even register it, she almost lost the duel and he wasn't even trying to fight back.

That's beside having abilities like Shatterpoint in his arsenal.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Well I never said Yoda would win the Lightsaber fight out-right. I do believe that Yoda is very skilled with a Lightsaber. Maybe not to the same degree as Caedus, but maybe Caedus would get thrown off by his fighting style. Yoda was able to defeat three of his Orders most skilled masters simultaneously without them touching him.

But I do believe Yoda has a far greater knowledge of the Force then Caedus. Maybe not of the same abilities like flow-walking and such, but he has a far superior knowledge of the rest of the known Force abilities.

And wasn't Luke holding back in that fight so ben wouldn't fall to the Dark Side?

I don't know. Maybe I'm just biased towards Yoda because Caedus is Anakin 3.0

Edited by Aurbere

Lets put it this way, Caedus took on Grand Master Luke Skywalker to the point where he could actually pose a good threat and the Sword of the Jedi herself was toyed with by Caedus, his damn arm went clean off and he basically didn't even register it, she almost lost the duel and he wasn't even trying to fight back.

This. Caedus was very knowledgeable about many aspects of the Force. having abilities such as Aing-Tii fighting sight and Theran Force-listening. Yoda would be in for a fight.

I haven't personally read the LOTF Series, I'm basing all my info on wookieepedia.

But didn't Jaina have Skywalker's help?

I haven't personally read the LOTF Series, I'm basing all my info on wookieepedia.

But didn't Jaina have Skywalker's help?

Yup, he was doing everything but actually getting physically involved and he actually distracted Caedus with his presence and kept caedus from finding Jaina, who would have definitely been killed otherwise.

Now I will note, all of these things didn't happen in one duel, it was more like a prolonged on and off duel that took place all over Caedus' SSD, IIRC.

Damn.... I have no idea, this would take extra thought and some serious debate to figure this one out.

I agree. I think that if Caedus won, though, it would probably be through some sort of trick rather than through brute strength of Force-sensitivity. Just as two examples. he only managed to catch Mara Jade off guard with a poison dart, and took out a Jedi by bouncing blaster bolts from his own troopers. His endurance for pain was remarkable, however, and he definitely has the advantage in terms of pure physical strength unaided by the Force. He also rivalled even Kyle Katarn and possibly Luke Skywalker in terms of lightsaber combat, and knew a variety of rare Force techniques (though using some of these required incredible concentration).

In terms of lightsaber skills, Yoda was skilled in every form, but especially in the aggressive Ataru form because he relied on jumps & leaps and other force-aided movements. He even managed to rival Palpatine, who was canonically the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. What we see of him shows his strength with the Force is great, and I'd be surprised if, in his hundreds of years as a Jedi Master, he didn't learn some unusual techniques of his own.

So in this case, the environment of their duel might be the deciding factor.

I agree. I think that if Caedus won, though, it would probably be through some sort of trick rather than through brute strength of Force-sensitivity. Just as two examples. he only managed to catch Mara Jade off guard with a poison dart, and took out a Jedi by bouncing blaster bolts from his own troopers. His endurance for pain was remarkable, however, and he definitely has the advantage in terms of pure physical strength unaided by the Force. He also rivalled even Kyle Katarn and possibly Luke Skywalker in terms of lightsaber combat, and knew a variety of rare Force techniques (though using some of these required incredible concentration).

In terms of lightsaber skills, Yoda was skilled in every form, but especially in the aggressive Ataru form because he relied on jumps & leaps and other force-aided movements. He even managed to rival Palpatine, who was canonically the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. What we see of him shows his strength with the Force is great, and I'd be surprised if, in his hundreds of years as a Jedi Master, he didn't learn some unusual techniques of his own.

So in this case, the environment of their duel might be the deciding factor.

No, its gonna be head on. Caedus can't trick The Wisest Jedi Master of all time...

Caedus can mask his presence in the Force kinda like Palpatine could...but maybe you're right.

Yoda is a master of precognitive skills. If Caedus tried any sort of sneak attack or under-handed tactic, Yoda would sense it and most likely deflect it.

Could I make a case for our diminutive friend?

Yoda was the greatest master of the Jedi Order. His Lightsaber skills rivaled the likes of Mace Windu and Darth Sidious. He mastered every Lightsaber form and mastered the Ataru form to the extreme. He preferred Ataru because of its acrobatic abilities. Coupling his great speed and dexterity with the acrobatics of Ataru made him a force to be reckoned with in combat. His skill with a Lightsaber allowed him to survive a duel with Darth Sidious, who imo could WTFPWN Caedus.

He was capable of reflecting Force Lightning with his bare hands, including the Lightning of Darth Sidious. He had masterful precognitive and foresight abilities capable of rivaling Darth Sidious. He mastered telekinetic abilities, allowing him to move several landing craft during the Battle of Coruscant. During that battle he could use Force Push and Wave to flatten whole battalions of battle droids. Yoda was also a practitioner of Battle Meditation, which he used to empower his soldiers during the Clone Wars.

Now I refrenced the Star Wars wiki for some of this information. After reading up on Caedus, I understand that Yoda would be fighting an uphill battle, but what feats Yoda does have are very impressive. Particularly his fight with Darth Sidious. Take it as you will I guess.

Does anyone know of a book that has Yoda as the main character? The only one I know of is Dark Rendezvous.

Edited by Aurbere

Yoda is a master of precognitive skills. If Caedus tried any sort of sneak attack or under-handed tactic, Yoda would sense it and most likely deflect it.

Precognition did not help Yoda detect Sidious' true nature until it was too late. Same could be said for Caedus.

Now, assuming Yoda already knew Jacen Solo's true nature as Darth Caedus, it still doesn't help.

As Darth Traya once said, "There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense". Jacen/Caedus taught this technique to Ben, who taught it to Luke. Luke used the same technique to sneak up on Caedus and Caedus had no clue what was coming. So it doesn't matter how strong Yoda's precognition is if there's nothing in the Force to warn him.

I'm not saying Caedus would win, but you don't quite understand what I mean by Caedus masking his presence. Nobody could sense him when he didn't want to be sensed, and even though he knew the technique it didn't stop Luke from using it against him.

FYI, Yes I have seen the wiki entry. I included info from Yoda's entry in my post above.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Precognition did not help Yoda detect Sidious' true nature until it was too late. Same could be said for Caedus.

Now, assuming Yoda already knew Jacen Solo's true nature as Darth Caedus, it still doesn't help.

As Darth Traya once said, "There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense". Jacen/Caedus taught this technique to Ben, who taught it to Luke. Luke used the same technique to sneak up on Caedus and Caedus had no clue what was coming. So it doesn't matter how strong Yoda's precognition is if there's nothing in the Force to warn him.

I'm not saying Caedus would win, but you don't quite understand what I mean by Caedus masking his presence. Nobody could sense him when he didn't want to be sensed, and even though he knew the technique it didn't stop Luke from using it against him.

FYI, Yes I have seen the wiki entry. I included info from Yoda's entry in my post above.

You are correct that Yoda could not detect Sidious. And I do not blame him for it. Sidious was the most powerful Sith ever and his ability to cloud the senses of the Jedi order is legendary. Caedus does have abilities to mask his presence, but I was merely speaking from a combat perspective. I doubt Caedus could pull the same trick on Yoda as he did on Mara Jade.

You are correct that Yoda could not detect Sidious. And I do not blame him for it. Sidious was the most powerful Sith ever and his ability to cloud the senses of the Jedi order is legendary. Caedus does have abilities to mask his presence, but I was merely speaking from a combat perspective. I doubt Caedus could pull the same trick on Yoda as he did on Mara Jade.

I don't blame Yoda either. That's what I'm saying. Caedus would probably not stab Yoda's leg with a poison dart, but even in combat, he could certainly surprise Yoda, because Yoda couldn't sense his real intentions in the Force. As I said, precognition doesn't help if there's nothing in the Force to sense. Luke used the same technique to sneak up right behind Caedus and attack. Again this does not guarantee he'd win, but it is an edge that he and anyone he's taught this technique has.

Even in a purely combat perspective, Yoda is no idiot but neither were Jedi that Caedus managed to trick. Yoda can be caught off guard, too. He can deflect lightning, but he let his guard down for a moment against Sidious and was blasted against the wall. So, caught off guard, Yoda can take a lot of damage, just as any Jedi would.

I don't blame Yoda either. That's what I'm saying. Caedus would probably not stab Yoda's leg with a poison dart, but even in combat, he could certainly surprise Yoda, because Yoda couldn't sense his real intentions in the Force. As I said, precognition doesn't help if there's nothing in the Force to sense. Luke used the same technique to sneak up right behind Caedus and attack. Again this does not guarantee he'd win, but it is an edge that he and anyone he's taught this technique has.

Even in a purely combat perspective, Yoda is no idiot but neither were Jedi that Caedus managed to trick. Yoda can be caught off guard, too. He can deflect lightning, but he let his guard down for a moment against Sidious and was blasted against the wall. So, caught off guard, Yoda can take a lot of damage, just as any Jedi would.

This is true. I think, if anything, Yoda has far more experience with the Force than Caedus does. Which could give him an edge in the middle of the fight.

This is true. I think, if anything, Yoda has far more experience with the Force than Caedus does. Which could give him an edge in the middle of the fight.

Going against Luke Skywalker and the NJO and Yuuzan Vhong gives Caedus allot of experience with the Force.

Especially Oneness..

Going against Luke Skywalker and the NJO and Yuuzan Vhong gives Caedus allot of experience with the Force.

Especially Oneness..

I was thinking about that Oneness thing. It seems like a once in a lifetime thing because I don't recall him ever doing that again.

By experience I meant like overall mastery of the Force and it's application in all aspects of life.

In all fairness. This is a bit of a mismatch. I think anyone who has dueled Grand Master Skywalker should only be pit against someone from their timeline. I think a better match-up would be Caedus versus someone like Darth Krayt.

Edited by Aurbere