Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

Anysao

Leions of Lettow EU used to be most populated pvp server of English EU according to torstatus.net.

Now it's empty. All the people went to tomb of freedon nadd, there're 99 50s on the fleet there atm, it's really crowded.

I hope our guild makes a transfer there before it's closed. I really do.

Edited by IcedLance

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have transferred from two servers and had people transfer to one that I play on. I do think for the most part it has been and will continue to be the right move for the game. By this weekend it should tone down a bit and some of us under 50 alt o holics should be able to get groups for flashpoints and such. This was a far better option than forced server merges.

Now for the one thing that was kind of odd to me. Why was The Swiftsure moved to The Bastion and not the other way around. After looking at torstatus.net I noticed The Bastion was flat-lined for quite a while. While The Swiftsure had normal daily population spikes. Now with that being said I do enjoy the community I have seen so far on The Bastion and PvP in the 10-49 bracket was pretty nice last night.

Well just moved servers 3 hours ago from Sluis Shipyards to The Red Eclipse. Transfer took less then 2 mins and I gotta say I am soooooo HAPPY!!!!! 1st thing that I see on the new server is 250+ players on it, was surrounded by so many names. Luckly I also got to keep my name. Very welcome server and I urge any1 who is still on Sluis Shipyards to get there be4 its too late.

Thanks alot Bioware we really needed this! :)

Edited by Cowabung

I have no complaints at all regarding Transfers.

I came from Master Zhar Lestin where we would have no more than 20 people on the higher populated areas at peak hours.

Now I'm on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and most zones have over 70+ at any time and the Imp/Rep fleets have over 300+ people each.

I was on for 3 hours, played on 4 teams, and did a world boss hunt.

Thank you Bioware!

Edited by Lord_Fezziwig

I mean... I still feel like Lord Adraas should have been a destination server, but I'm fine moving to the larger community of Ebon Hawk. In the end... it makes no difference to me. I'm still playing the game, and it is fun. There are people to play with, which is good. It is nice to be on a server with more people, but even that is not a big deal to me. I wouldn't want to be in a ghost town of course, but from what I left to what I got... its not that big of a deal. I am sure there are people that appreciate it more than I.

These transfers stink. I got all pumped up at first, knowing I could finally get off of mine into another (for free too!), But then I find out that my server only leads to this other server I've never heard of! What the heck!?! :jawa_evil:

Yes, I highly enjoy being stuck on a fleet with 20 people while 95 % of the population, which ironically correlates with the amount that actually got to transfer, tells me to be patient.

So thumbs up on this end. O_o

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm not enjoying transfers as much because bioware called it transfers instead of merges and I thought I'd be able to move any character to a certain destination server, but no. I can only move certain origin server characters to a certain destination server. Disappointed.

Z'dwuhhhh?!?!

THIS THREAD WAS JUST FOR FUN!

I didn't expect it to be such an instant-hitter. Well, it makes me happy. I'm glad everything is working out. For those who don't like them, oh well, at the least it beats being the one person on your fleet.

I too must say im not too happy so far. My server and 1 other pvp server have been left out in the cold. No word, no indication of if and when we will be able to transfer/merge with another server where there is a decent population. It would be nice if CS would let us know something, but they refuse to give any info on it, the thread just gets closed... Edited by Toddinsc

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I got a server merge very early. Maybe thats because I'm on an RP server and merging the three was not a big problem.

But if you consider the amount of population amongst the PvP and PvE servers that is spread about. I would say thats still quite alot. Filling destination servers would have to be trickled in as people agree and move. Once they are happy that the server is stable or full, then move onto the next destination server. And so on.

If they moved everyone at the same time, it would be chaos. Thoes unsubed at the moment, I would say have a time for a while before the mergers actually stop and the Dev Team move them to a server of thier choice of whats left I suppose.

Servers are not closing down as the mergers go on, so I guess thats to give the unsubers a chance to make thier decision.

Any way, I hope those who have not got thier destination server yet don't have to wait much longer. And I hope it improves things for you like it did for me. Good Luck :)

Not enjoying the forced transfers one bit. Where's my choice, Bioware? Where's the choice of servers that I, as a subscriber, should have? Even $ony, with all their failings, never forced you to transfer to one specific server. So since EA is going to force-close some of the servers, where's my choice of where to go? And don't tell me you can't do it, it's a copy/paste-type procedure that takes all of 30 seconds, 45 if you're slow.