A pair of questions about the Sith

Cuiwe

1. Can Sith be Light sided(lore wise)? Sth like crazy vigilantes? I know that it'd be Nerdy not to 11 but to 111, but is it possible? I see ABSOLUTELY NO reason why not. If jedi can be dark...

2. A question about the movies that always interested me: how was Darth Maul able to be an apprentice of Darth Sidious? I mean they are both Darths. Shouldn't Maul had been a Lord or sth? It just stinks of error within hierarchy to me.

3. Is Empire the best Faction or what? ;)

Edited by Cuiwe

3. Empire is slowly loosing war. So they aren't exactly the best. But they have awesome accent

2. Films are happening after the rule of 2 was implemented. And in terms of the rule, both existing sith are Darths.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

1. Lightsided sith mostly feel like the jedi picking the wrong order to be in. There is no passion and all other stuff. But, if you don't mind being "greysided", you can make some good combos. I had good time playing warrior, crazed over her personal code, who was leting enemies live if they got her respect and butchering traitors and weak people on both republic and imperial sides.

Edited by Frenesi

My Sith characters are very much gray sided yes. Warrior is concerned mostly about himself and how people perceive him(is very much weak to titles), but he won't kill randomly. Nor wantonly. Nor usually lol. My Inq otoh is obsessed with the force and the history. He isn't actually a slave. He boarded the slave ship and tampered the minds so he could get to Korriban. But he doesn't really care for either the Sith or the Jedi. He did what he did because it was easier than to enroll to Tython academy + he calls Jedi "Stones"(the reference to their charisma/emotional status). Make of that what you will.

Edit: Why shouldn't Sith be able to do a good deed? If the Dark Jedi can flay a person alive while showing no emotion(quite psychopathic), why shouldn't Light Sith be Martyrs or whatever of the Empire?

Edited by Cuiwe

Being good guy and being lightsided is not exactly the same. Problem is not in good deeds - fell free to do them. But when your inquisitor starts glowing yellow (not the weirdest thing in lightsided ending) or when your warrior pacifies sand demon... Seriously, this guy is using rage as his energy source.

Edit: Why shouldn't Sith be able to do a good deed? If the Dark Jedi can flay a person alive while showing no emotion(quite psychopathic), why shouldn't Light Sith be Martyrs or whatever of the Empire?

Light leaning Sith are mercilessly hunted in the Empire. What few exist either conceal their true nature from others or die. Not that a light Sith couldn't do good deeds, but there's a limit to how far they can go with being noticed.

Light leaning Sith are mercilessly hunted in the Empire. What few exist either conceal their true nature from others or die. Not that a light Sith couldn't do good deeds, but there's a limit to how far they can go with being noticed.

Like Keleth'Ur?

The main difference here is that Keleth'Ur heavily implies that he didn't conceal his true nature. Rather, he fully embraced it and tried to change the Sith dogma, which supposedly brought down the Emperor's wrath.

Not the actual embodiment of the Wrath mind you. :p

Kel is awesome! But one should really be more, hm..., covert? about this sort of thing. Kinda stupid of him to announce it out loud. He should've worked like a true Sith would-through defiling of generations of Sith. Instead of "hello mr.Emperor! Your dogma sucks! Bye!"

I tend to agree with him: Jedi essence + Sith essence = essence of wtfpWnroxxorz bbq hax. Idk what's so hard to understand(I mean Revan...).

I still think(even after both Revan and Vader) that the true Sith power is yet untaped. And in order to tap it, well, they'll have to use the Light side. Or at least understand it instead of ignoring it. "The best way to defeat an Enemy is to turn him against himself(this assumes the understanding of one's enemy at the intermediate level at least)" right?

Edit: Both of those are examples of Jedi power actually.

Edited by Cuiwe

It wouldn't be "True Sith Power" as you put it. Using both a combination of the "Light Side" and "Dark Side" of the Force would be using the Force in its truest form. Anyway, I'm sure these have been answered but I'll toss down my own responses.

1. Yes, but they're not exactly welcomed with open arms.

2. Like someone mentioned earlier, Rule 2 of the Sith was introduced so they were both Darths (albeit Maul was trained to be an assassin rather than an actual Sith or the intention was to at least.)

3. Although the Empire is losing the war at the moment, they were dominating in it before; if it weren't for Revan the war would be over with the Empire in victory.

1. Can Sith be Light sided(lore wise)? Sth like crazy vigilantes? I know that it'd be Nerdy not to 11 but to 111, but is it possible? I see ABSOLUTELY NO reason why not. If jedi can be dark...

2. A question about the movies that always interested me: how was Darth Maul able to be an apprentice of Darth Sidious? I mean they are both Darths. Shouldn't Maul had been a Lord or sth? It just stinks of error within hierarchy to me.

3. Is Empire the best Faction or what? ;)

Light Side sith? Ehhhh, this one's tough. Embracing the sith code definitely predisposes a person to allowing their emotions and whims dictate their actions. Is it possible? Not exactly. One's interpretation of the sith code may lead them to believe the dark side is a slippery slope causing the reckless to be ruled by and slaves to their emotions and impulses. However, by definition the dark side is viewed as the freedom to act on and embrace one's emotions and passion, rather than bottling them up and stifling them.

The Sith embrace this code, claiming the freedom to exhibit and act on one's emotions, feelings, and impulses sets them free. Many of them believe the Jedi to be repressed fools. But on the flip side, many Sith are extremists who are in fact ruled by the very thing they claim gives them strength and freedom. Their crippling lack of impulse control and need for instant gratification causes a self-perpetuating and never-ending cycle of power struggle and fear. The more perceptive sith who see the bigger picture likely do not fall prey to such pettiness, but they also likely do not look too favorably on the repressed, held-back, heavily restrained life of the Jedi.

The Sith and the Jedi are extremists. A Sith cannot be on both sides of the spectrum at once, though many Sith and Jedi likely fall somewhere in the middle and even cross the line now and then. But the traditional Sith archtype not only embraces the Dark Side, it spurns the Light Side. Remember, also, that most of these people are born and raised in Imperial space (in this era at least), and grow up witnessing the power struggles within its own government, how might makes right, and watching the Republic vs Sith dynamics. They're predisposed to equate the Dark Side with power, they see it every day, so convincing a sith otherwise is probably quite the undertaking, perhaps even futile.

As for Maul and Sidious, they live in a different time hundreds of years in the future. TOR takes place in the distant past. Times were different.

As for which side is better, it's all a matter of perspective. I personally prefer empire from a roleplay and lore standpoint but if I had to choose one of the two governments to actually live under I would prefer to live in the republic.