PvP in SWTOR is not just broken but it's gamebreaking and unplayable

Lord_Karsk

Well we all know why ..

Massive WZ lags that everyone gets at the same time sometimes up to a whole minute.

And they dont do anything to fix it or give us any feedback,because as i'm guessing they cant fix it.

Ability delay . We all have it, try and google ability delay and funny enought swtor threads comes up first

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ability+delay

1 out of 3-5 times the glogal cooldown will go of and nothing happens.That is game breaking.

And as a scounddrel that means i could lose a dual because of it,everytime this happen when i use

sucker punch backblast etc that means it's a serious issue that may cause a defeat.

Respawn is broken.

Respawning and still in combat,because of this alot of the time the player cant leave area because

he is slowed down and cant stop a cap etc because iof the shield.This happens every wz.

Still taking damage after respawning.So in spawn having to heal up while still taking damage from effects

losing time because of it,and of course most times still in combat aswell means this is a game breaking issue.

Players teleporting all over,if taking damage or beeing killed the system will move your char in the WZ

to your previous point of origin because that were the system got the information you were taking damage

etc.Sometimes while dying you will lag as much as 3 times watching the same animation to previous place

because the engine is well bad and cant catch up with whats going on.

Is this just your opinion, a suggestion, discussion or what? just looks like a thread where you're stating what you believe wrong with the game.

No i'm stating a well known fact. If you refuse to understand whats going on then thats just your problem.

Is this just your opinion, a suggestion, discussion or what? just looks like a thread where you're stating what you believe wrong with the game.

Aside from the manner in which the information is conveyed, I have to agree with the OP because I am experiencing all of the above. For example, I will use ravage on my vengeance juggernaut, the global cool-down will trigger and the animation fire, but my target will take no damage. Once the global cool-down has elapsed ravage still remains available for use. The most annoying bug I have encountered lately however, is people disappearing after I have stunned them, only to reappear once the stun has worn off. When this happens they still remain targeted, but I am unable to attack them. The latter, in my experience, is a recent development and is very annoying.

You talk about it like it happens every single warzone... I can count on a hand the number of times i got immense lag spikes that made the game unplayable. Same with the times i was still in combat after respawn (and it only lasted a few seconds). DoTs after respawn only seem to happen at round switch of voidstar when some **** decides to put one in that brief period of time you get to use abilities after the round ends... The only issue i have with teleporting is when i get pulled by PT/Vanguard because the pull animation misses the journey and simply teleports me to location.

I honestly don't see all this broken peformance... I don't have 12 valor 100 toons or anything like that but i think i play my PvP enough to know what goes on in warzones

WOW, I thought this was only happening to me. Yes, I hate when this happens. It's especially tough when playing a healer and then the ability delays / doesn't go off. It usually costs someone's life and sometimes the game. This issue will probably never get fixed. Just wait till Elder Scrolls Online comes out. :rak_02:

I don't see any of this either. I'm on the Harbinger and all I do is single que wz and I do it for about 3 hours a night. I'm on the east coast and I think my server is west coast, and I'm on at 7pm west coast time so I think that's peak hours. This might be server specific? or is it your system? can you post your specs? What is your ISP?

I agree,

I'm on Pot5 and I don't see any of this either. I've never had more than 5% of the issues you're describing.

I too am on Pot5, it happens. It didn't start happening to "me" until this weekend, but it has been happening since launch to people.

I don't see any of this either. I'm on the Harbinger and all I do is single que wz and I do it for about 3 hours a night. I'm on the east coast and I think my server is west coast, and I'm on at 7pm west coast time so I think that's peak hours. This might be server specific? or is it your system? can you post your specs? What is your ISP?

Maybe you're just lucky. I'd bet that people you have played with, unknowingly to you, have had this problem. When you PvP with a group of people and are able to chat back and forth, you realize how much it happens.