Why you can't do Revan vs Luke.

Writers of the old republic try to keep there storys a bit more belivable. Sure Bane and Revan did awesome stuff but it was all within reason. The writers of UI or whatever make up noncence stuff. Example. Palpatine opens up a blackhole and luke uses the force to resist it. If you know anything about a blackhole you would know that it would destroy the solarsystem it is in. Even the force itself would not survive. The worst part is George. I made palp/luke and I say they are the strongest. So there. Then they try to back it up with feats of power that seem cool to the brainless. Hopefully now you understand why a well written character revan could never beat unrealistic noncence like palp/luke. So please stop doing Revan vs. You can't beat brainless in an argument.

Unrealistic huh? Its fiction....everything about it is unrealistic. Also really....Palpatine and Luke aren't that crazy powerful, the biggest thing Palpatine has done is using Force Storms making wormholes. Luke his biggest thing is just seemingly freezing everything around him. Impressive? Yes....however, everything else they have done is only a greater application of other Force Powers that have already been used, something with which time other Jedi/Sith could achieve if they spent their time studying and working on it. Maybe not exactly, but getting up there anyway. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Writers of the old republic try to keep there storys a bit more belivable. Sure Bane and Revan did awesome stuff but it was all within reason. The writers of UI or whatever make up noncence stuff.

This is because when these things were written there were basically no jedi or sith lore ,there were just a few main characters in that universe.Star Wars was all about Luke ,his father and the Emperor.

That's why the movies ,mainly the sequels and the EU after the movies are like a completely different franchise that is basically full of crap.

The real and proper Star Wars ends somewhere after the timeline of swtor.The only good thing after that is Bane.That's blasphemy to old school SW fans,but it is kinda true.

Edited by Kaedusz

Unrealistic huh? Its fiction....everything about it is unrealistic. Also really....Palpatine and Luke aren't that crazy powerful, the biggest thing Palpatine has done is using Force Storms making wormholes. Luke his biggest thing is just seemingly freezing everything around him. Impressive? Yes....however, everything else they have done is only a greater application of other Force Powers that have already been used, something with which time other Jedi/Sith could achieve if they spent their time studying and working on it. Maybe not exactly, but getting up there anyway.

Yes unrealistic. Even fantasy has to have SOME grounds in reality. And yes good ol George wrote the universe, but it has it's limits, everything does.

One thing wolf I will NEVER agree with you on.

Yes unrealistic. Even fantasy has to have SOME grounds in reality. And yes good ol George wrote the universe, but it has it's limits, everything does.

Especially seems it is science-fiction, and not straight up fantasy.

I mean, really, it seems to me like with each EU book/game, they try 1-up'ing each other with some even greater feat in the Force. Some people try to claim that there's a "cost" in using the Force, but honestly, we see a few vain attempts at it in the EU and really nothing for evidence for that in the movies. I think the most "cost" there is in using the Force comes from Darkside corruption of the body, but that's just in basic appearance, etc... not actually killing the user any faster. As such, I also think the feats that Force users are able to accomplish are actually a lot smaller than what the EU believes; none of this planet destroying/devouring, black-hole/wormhole creating nonsense. If these feats in the Force really were capable of happening, then I'd think we'd see a lot more fleet "swatting" and planet crushing going on....

Especially seems it is science-fiction, and not straight up fantasy.

I mean, really, it seems to me like with each EU book/game, they try 1-up'ing each other with some even greater feat in the Force. Some people try to claim that there's a "cost" in using the Force, but honestly, we see a few vain attempts at it in the EU and really nothing for evidence for that in the movies. I think the most "cost" there is in using the Force comes from Darkside corruption of the body, but that's just in basic appearance, etc... not actually killing the user any faster. As such, I also think the feats that Force users are able to accomplish are actually a lot smaller than what the EU believes; none of this planet destroying/devouring, black-hole/wormhole creating nonsense. If these feats in the Force really were capable of happening, then I'd think we'd see a lot more fleet "swatting" and planet crushing going on....

They are small, Palps has been the only one to use Force Storms in making a wormhole to destroy an entire fleet. No other Force User has shown to doing that, so its like...a very small and niche thing to which I don't see why it matters if only one person has been shown to use it.

They are small, Palps has been the only one to use Force Storms in making a wormhole to destroy an entire fleet. No other Force User has shown to doing that, so its like...a very small and niche thing to which I don't see why it matters if only one person has been shown to use it.

You obviously haven't been keeping up with all of the EU stories.

I can't recall the Darth's name or which story it is from, but there is one that destroyed a planet with the Force.

KotOR 2 sees someone who devourers all life on planets.

Unleashed and one story with Luke (can't recall title) sees a Star Destroyer being pulled out of orbit by the Force.

These are not "small" by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, come on... at the end of Ep III, we see Vader, who is completely distraught and beside himself with grief on the news that his wife is dead, merely breaks a few things and breaks/bends some of the supporting struts of the room? Seems the Darkside gains strength through use of emotion, you'd think he'd cause a lot more destruction than that....

You obviously haven't been keeping up with all of the EU stories.

I can't recall the Darth's name or which story it is from, but there is one that destroyed a planet with the Force.

KotOR 2 sees someone who devourers all life on planets.

Unleashed and one story with Luke (can't recall title) sees a Star Destroyer being pulled out of orbit by the Force.

These are not "small" by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, come on... at the end of Ep III, we see Vader, who is completely distraught and beside himself with grief on the news that his wife is dead, merely breaks a few things and breaks/bends some of the supporting struts of the room? Seems the Darkside gains strength through use of emotion, you'd think he'd cause a lot more destruction than that....

Compared to the Force Storms? Those are small things...

Seeing as I can't get a name, there are planets destroyed via The Force prior to Force Storms. However those were done with relics/sith magic.

TFU thing, Galen didn't pull the Star Destroyer out of the sky it was already falling and he was merely slowing its descent.

Darth Nilihus...yes he drained the life of an entire planet, he didn't destroy it and not to mention that Nilihus wasn't even a person anymore he was just.....a darkside thing that was sucking the life out of everything something which he couldn't control.

As for Vader how is that not small compared to everything else? Though the fact that he just sustained heavy damage, and just recently got into his suit and did all that was rather impressive anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Compared to the Force Storms? Those are small things...

Compared to an Air Craft Carrier, a Cruiser is small, but is still large to a person.

As for Vader how is that not small compared to everything else? Though the fact that he just sustained heavy damage, and just recently got into his suit and did all that was rather impressive anyway.

That is my point, that what Vader did in that scene is small compared to everything else we've seen in the EU. Suit means nothing where the Force is concerned. It does not somehow block or require his using the Force in a different means to achieve the same affects. Injuries also mean little by that point. We do not hear strain in his voice as if he is dealing with pain (distraction), and he still has well over 60% of his body mass (probably closer to 80%) so the reduction in his ability to use the Force should not be severely reduced by that. And yet, in perhaps one of the biggest fits of emotion he has (or will ever have), which should enhance his Force ability, that is the destruction we see?

I'm saying the EU has blown the potential for Force users out of proportion. If one was that powerful, nothing could threaten them. Fleets would be like flies for the swatting, rebellious planets would be eggs to crack open... one wouldn't need to build a Death Star.

Compared to an Air Craft Carrier, a Cruiser is small, but is still large to a person.

That is my point, that what Vader did in that scene is small compared to everything else we've seen in the EU. Suit means nothing where the Force is concerned. It does not somehow block or require his using the Force in a different means to achieve the same affects. Injuries also mean little by that point. We do not hear strain in his voice as if he is dealing with pain (distraction), and he still has well over 60% of his body mass (probably closer to 80%) so the reduction in his ability to use the Force should not be severely reduced by that. And yet, in perhaps one of the biggest fits of emotion he has (or will ever have), which should enhance his Force ability, that is the destruction we see?

I'm saying the EU has blown the potential for Force users out of proportion. If one was that powerful, nothing could threaten them. Fleets would be like flies for the swatting, rebellious planets would be eggs to crack open... one wouldn't need to build a Death Star.

Well we kinda have already been through this once before, no need to go through it again. But the Death Star was more for fear, then blowing up planets...it has the capacity to destroy one sure but that wasn't what it was made for.

Well we kinda have already been through this once before, no need to go through it again. But the Death Star was more for fear, then blowing up planets...it has the capacity to destroy one sure but that wasn't what it was made for.

Yes, it was an instrument of terror. But really, there would be as many people who would believe that it doesn't exist as there are who believed the Force is nothing more than magic tricks. Look at Han's reaction when Obi-Wan first told him it wasn't a moon....

Assuming Sidious' power is as great as the EU suggests, a Super Star Destroyer going around with him on board probably would've worked just as well. Whether the planets blowing up are because of some "Super Top Secret" weapon or because of the Force, no one would be able to tell the difference and all would be just as afraid at the sight of an SSD as they would a Death Star.

The Death Star plans were in the making as early as Ep II... Palpatine obviously felt as though his powers alone were not going to be enough to keep the whole Galaxy under control and minimize the support that rebellions would get.

Yes, it was an instrument of terror. But really, there would be as many people who would believe that it doesn't exist as there are who believed the Force is nothing more than magic tricks. Look at Han's reaction when Obi-Wan first told him it wasn't a moon....

Yet when planets start blowing up, i think people would very quickly understand that the Empire is blowing up planets that are suspected of being in line with the Rebellion.

Yet when planets start blowing up, i think people would very quickly understand that the Empire is blowing up planets that are suspected of being in line with the Rebellion.

Umm, yeah? I know this, hence...

Whether the planets blowing up are because of some "Super Top Secret" weapon or because of the Force, no one would be able to tell the difference

EDIT: Err, sorry... over an hour later and it just dawned on me that you were picking on something else... :p

I don't think it'd be as quickly as you believe. Most people don't even travel off their own planets or only to a few others. "Rumors" of planets just "disappearing" would be taken at first as being nothing more than tales, much like old sailor "mermaid" stories. The Empire, in order for this weapon to work as intended, would of course not deny the claims. But, as with the existence of the Force, many would not believe it until they saw it with their own eyes.

Point being, though, that it would be no more effective at causing terror than an SSD flying around with old Palps on the bridge.

Edited by FuryoftheStars

No point arguing with the EU fanboys bud. Im sure they also think superman pulling the earth out of its obit with a big chain was a good move.

Compared to all the other ridiculous feats that comic characters have done? That is rather tame by comparison, and rather expected in comics nowadays.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No point arguing with the EU fanboys bud. Im sure they also think superman pulling the earth out of its obit with a big chain was a good move.

Yeah, I'm starting to see what you mean.... Unfortunately, after each great "feat", EU authors feel the need to 1-up with something bigger. And will continue to do so until the readers/fanbase goes "***? Lame...", which (unfortunately for SW) takes a lot considering they're all used to comics where the characters are already doing stupidly absurd things (and GL never actually defined the limits of a Force user).

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the books, but some of the moves I see them pull off make me go "***" because it's making them into a virtual God.