Official PvP Records 1.1

xContex

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, after some ranked matches between the JEDI and SITH orders, we came upon a glorious battle in Novare Coast. After a long and heavy bashing that we managed to do for a solid (Idk, maybe 30 mins? xD) at South, we ended up losing the match because we abandoned our point in search for more kills and DPS/healing numbers xD

And we might have allowed the JEDI guys to keep it since they were getting a little heated after a row of losses ;)

But anyway, don't know what exactly we broke here besides the most kills list. Keep in mind, this was a genuine fight, but just a series of circumstances in Novare Coast where we ended up with both teams holding only one point for a good long while. Turns out though, judging by how we kept 2 points at the end, Novare does have a time limit xD

Here's the screenie:

http://i56.tinypic.com/3348a6r.jpg

You'll have to forgive me but this screen just looks a little bit shady. You guys clearly outperformed them on the stat board, this looks too much like a setup. You guys had all that dps and they only had one healer, something seems fishy there. Only reason I bring it up is because your posting this in the records thread...

we ended up losing the match because we abandoned our point in search for more kills and DPS/healing numbers xD

And we might have allowed the JEDI guys to keep it since they were getting a little heated after a row of losses ;)

This alone should disqualify your image. This was clear farming that your admitting to.

This alone should disqualify your image. This was clear farming that your admitting to.

Didn't admit to farming. Just said we let them win, not get kills, medals, etc.

If that's against the rules though, then take this image as anyway you would like! Personally, I don't care as much about the record list. More like I wanted to post this screen highlighting a nice match up, and if we are DQed for letting them keep a node at the end to keep things civil between the guilds, then that's fine too :)

They actually had decent numbers in comparison too, besides Ribbus guarding. Take into account that they also had a Sentinel hitting nearly just as hard as I did, and our healers we're at 500 to 600k (Sev switched midway xD).

EDIT: Sorry, just ended up reading what exactly you highlighted. It was actually more of a strat, since we abandoned our point in hopes of swarming mid before they caught on. We just didn't care about recapping if they stole ours since we had actually planned to eventually let them win, and again, keep things civil between the guilds. They eventually caught on and thus, the match ended with these numbers xD

Edited by ZooMzy

It actually obvious you guys went in there to boost kills. The way you were beating that team, its no way they would have lasted that long, or that you would have gotten over 100 kills on them. Its a shame people have to fix games In order to break records. Grim has enough people online to do that and even they don't go down that road. If this sort of cheating is allowed it degrades the other submissions that were 100% legitimate, not ranked matches where two related guilds hold off from capping in order to boost stats. Edited by PoliteAssasin

Match farming has its positive benefits: learn to work as a team, learn who has game who doesn't, and other things like this

However it has no place on a record board

If you mean simple guild vs guild sure, but this was ridiculous. They literally farmed the other team for about 30 minutes just to boost stats. Most of those players I doubt have pvp gear. And if he wasnt really interested in records, why post it in the records thread and not the ranked? Apparently he thought he'd get away with it.

It actually obvious you guys went in there to boost kills. The way you were beating that team, its no way they would have lasted that long, or that you would have gotten over 100 kills on them. Its a shame people have to fix games In order to break records. Grim has enough people online to do that and even they don't go down that road. If this sort of cheating is allowed it degrades the other submissions that were 100% legitimate, not ranked matches where two related guilds hold off from capping in order to boost stats.

And this is why I was hesistant on sharing. Call it what you want, it was a match up where we changed our mindset from winning the game to killing. They kept their forces at mid, until someone decided to risk abandoning their point and check out ours in response. And thus, we lost ours and they ended up winning towards the end.

It was not a stompfest because their waves were better managed than ours. Our original healer switched to DPS because he got tired of dying too quickly and we pulled Sev off their point to help us at mid. The overall goal was to duke it out at mid for as long as it took for them to realize our point was undefended, and let them keep it once they got it.

If that's your definition of "farming", and you believe it's not right that we had a mindset to hit numbers rather than win, then DQ all you want. Just make sure you know the difference between setups and just going for numbers. I guarntee you that if half the good players on this server shot for numbers over wins, they would be on par with the other servers at the sacrifice of winning. Is that a good thing? Hell no, but in that match where winning was something we felt would cause tensions with our sister guild after multiple wins already, we decided to switch the mindset to killing and going for numbers with a "screw it" attitude.

It's farming when you have both sides looking to do that. But I assure you, they played to win and we competed more evenly than you think.

Which is why you held off capping your second node? Lie to yourself all you want, but don't lie to us. You prolonged the match to farm for the records thread and you know it. If all you cared about was a fun half hour ranked match, we wouldn't be having this conversation in the records thread. What's amusing is you wouldn't even get close to that in a legitimate match, while others have, without sacrificing their integrity.

Which is why you held off capping your second node? Lie to yourself all you want, but don't lie to us. You prolonged the match to farm for the records thread and you know it. If all you cared about was a fun half hour ranked match, we wouldn't be having this conversation in the records thread. What's amusing is you wouldn't even get close to that in a legitimate match, while others have, without sacrificing their integrity.

Did you read my response to Myrm? I told you we abandoned it and let them keep it, which is why they ended up winning 100-2, since Novare apparently has a timer towards the end. The half hour statement was a guesstimate, since I really couldn't tell lol.

But more to the point, we let them win. We had already beaten them in 3 matches up to that Novare, and decided to play more for kills and numbers, rather than winning. Mid was contested for the entire game until the end, when they capped ours and pulled most of their guys out to hold ours.

So if you think about, take consideration of the two playing styles. If you have an entire team playing for numbers, guess what happens? They lose track of objectives, and thus, cost themselves the match in pursuit of these numbers. How would Grim fair against ASB or some other PvP guild if they did that in RWZs? They'd lose, because those matches are close to the letter and if Grim played to kill, they would've been at a major disadvantage because that TEAM mindset costs WZs.

However, you also have on the other side (in our case), a team that is slightly below us in terms of overall team makeup and skill. They are, however, good players that know how to PvP and play objectives. So if you take a really good team that plays for kills and numbers and pit them against another team that isn't that great but plays the objective, what happens? In a positive world, the objective based team would win. But since the gap was a little larger between us, it was honestly a stalemate between the groups.

So yeah, I felt this would be an appropriate place to put it since this thread is designed for recording numbers. I don't usually socialize too much with anyone in the PvP community as a whole (besides you and Myrm on occasion xD), so why would I put a thread up for everyone to see instead? This seemed like the better choice, and thus, I posted it here.

Again, like I said, I have no qualms over DQ because in the end, we did throw the match for them. I'm just letting you know now, no matter what you may believe or how offended you are Neo, that this was not planned before the WZ. It was planned in the middle, when I decided to go out, have fun, and see what numbers we could hit since I knew it would cost the team the match. You know I play objectives, and you know I hate number farming in pugs more than anything when I play to win. But in this case, between guilds where we didn't want to cause anymore heated tension from beating them again in a RWZ, we sacrificed our chance at winning to go out and see what numbers we could hit.

So if that's something that people don't like and find it offensive, then fine. Just remember, like I've said already, the difference between setups and playing for kills.

So if that's something that people don't like and find it offensive, then fine. Just remember, like I've said already, the difference between setups and playing for kills.

That may be the case, but both of those types should be disqualified for a records thread.