LI Companions, romance, future content & you...

Taalbert

So, I am fairly certain that most of us cannot wait to see how our companion storyline continues in the future - especially the romance companions. Thing is, we have to wait until BW releases that content.

So...what would you like to see? Has anyone thought about how their companion storyline progresses? (Of course you have!!) What would you like to see happen next between you and your LI in future content release? What kind of missions, conversations? I don't just mean marriage, kids, etc - but also random day-to-day stuff (like a date night - shout out to Date Night thread!).

I don't mean this to be a suggestion thread (there's already one of those). I am just interested to see if others have thought about how they would like to see things progress in the future with their LI, in their own personal stories.

Edited by Taalbert

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moure interacting within crew ( i wanna see kaliyo and temple rub each other wrong and have a catfight >:3 ) inlaws maybe if applicable, swap out those comps you don't want ( yes skadge, i AM looking at you )

maybe something cute like sitting side by side while waiting for que on the fleet.

and lots, LOTS more FTB ... chiss are known for radiating a healthy vitality due to a vigorous metabolism :D

So...what would you like to see? Has anyone thought about how their companion storyline progresses? (Of course you have!!) What would you like to see happen next between you and your LI in future content release? What kind of missions, conversations?

I just want to have it out with Quinn.

I want to hear more about his reasoning. And it better not be some copout mind control. Give the man the dignity of having chosen, even if within his ethics it didn't feel like a choice at all. I want him to acknowledge with more than the paltry line or two we got that he knew he was throwing away more than just a professional relationship. I want him to tell me it hurt. I want to guilt trip him to hell and back. I don't know what he could possibly say to make things better, but I want him to convince me to trust him. I want him to convince me he's worth keeping. I want him to convince me to give him a second chance.

Failing that, I want [Murder].

Quinn has the advantage that I'm pretty sure my rage wouldn't survive the first four or five words out of his mouth in any new content (there go my knees...again), but...yeah, I hope they make the effort.

I would also accept another chance to start things with Pierce. I don't care if it's a ten-second conversation followed by a FTB and "Let's do this again sometime...lots," I'm just mad I declined the first chance out of a misplaced sense of loyalty.

Oh, and I'm hoping that I can keep things active with Kaliyo without marrying her. The current system keeps romances active no matter what, so I successfully refused marriage and still got romance letters, but I hope that when they fix the universe to allow players to withdraw consent I'm not forced to choose between marriage and breakup.

Like someone else said about Quinn...

I do want him to acknowledge that if he truly loved your character and you chose to A) Forgive him and B) for him to make it up to you in your quarters that he has some type of dialogue about why he still did what he did. I don't want to kill him or boot him off my ship. My SW DOES still love him and thanks to Legacy, has a kid with him.

I'd like to know why he STILL chose to try to kill you even if he did marry you before hand. There could be different options for how YOU interacted with him during the Betrayal. I chose all the relationship dialogue even with Vette with me. Maybe have Vette bring up the fact I still trust him even after the whole incident. Just something more than what we originally got. I know there were time constraints and such, but if Bioware WANTED us to feel love/hate/sorrow/worry/etc about our companions, they DO need to add more to their stories.

I'd like to see some type of proof that I can show other players that I romanced and married my LI. Maybe a title like:

Character name, wife of (insert companion spouse)

Character name, husband of (insert companion spouse)

Character name the Married

I want more interaction with all of my companions. I want them to walk around my ship, maybe move from one part of the ship to the next. I don't want to see Kira stand on my bridge like a statue forever. Maybe Doc stands on your bridge sometimes, or he's moved to the JK's bedroom, same with Kira if you're a male JK.

I want more FTB scenes. I'm not asking to SEE them have relations under those FTBs, but I'd like Corso to show some interest in wanting to be with his wife. I don't mind the canned responses when you click on your companions, but if you're married to the one you're using to help you, I want some new responses like:

Corso: Anything you want, baby.

I love you too.

You're looking good, Captain.

Not exactly THOSE, but something similar for them all. I feel like once we marry our companion LI they ignore us and no one on the ship knows. Or if they DO know, they don't say anything. I'm not asking for fight scenes like 'eew you hit that?!' or crap like that, but something about hearing you in your quarters, or maybe us all discussing things like a married couple with crew on board.

Sure, the agent and Vector had to keep their relationship secret

but after the end of Act III and whatever choice you made, it's could be you could choose to make it official, even if the only people who know are your crew and maybe Watcher/Keeper. I chose to erase my existence from the Imperial records, so only the old intelligence people and my crew (and her sisters in Legacy) know she exists. No one else does.

Even if people didn't choose to marry their original love interest, I do agree that even if you hit [FLIRT] once or twice, you should still be able to break up with that LI. I mean, I am married in real life and will sometimes Flirt harmlessly with guys. Not because I want them, but just because it's fun. But HARMLESS flirting. This game seems to think [FLIRT] = **** and it shouldn't.

But yeah, more interaction with our companions. Bioware, you want us to love/hate/etc our companions, you gotta give us more. And I'd like to do missions for ALL my crew not just the very first companion I'm with. I'd like to get to know my other companions better by doing missions too.

Edited by Eanelinea

I've said this before but I think a good idea would be to allow us to have more then one companion out questing/leveling at once. Like in the KOTOR series. Though on one hand I realize why they might not want to- this is an MMO and it's supposed to be about socializing. KOTOR and TSL were single player xbox games. Currently the only way to gain affection with multiple companions is if you switch them out during missions when/where dialogue or ls/DS choices are present. Or during conversations with people at the beginning or end of class stuff on your ship. If we can't Have more then one companion out at once then I agree with having them move about the ship or something to interact with them more, rather then buying them over with shineys.

I want more interaction with all of my companions. I want them to walk around my ship, maybe move from one part of the ship to the next. I don't want to see Kira stand on my bridge like a statue forever. Maybe Doc stands on your bridge sometimes, or he's moved to the JK's bedroom, same with Kira if you're a male JK.

I want more FTB scenes. I'm not asking to SEE them have relations under those FTBs, but I'd like Corso to show some interest in wanting to be with his wife. I don't mind the canned responses when you click on your companions, but if you're married to the one you're using to help you, I want some new responses like:

I love you too.

Not exactly THOSE, but something similar for them all. I feel like once we marry our companion LI they ignore us and no one on the ship knows. Or if they DO know, they don't say anything. I'm not asking for fight scenes like 'eew you hit that?!' or crap like that, but something about hearing you in your quarters, or maybe us all discussing things like a married couple with crew on board.

Even if people didn't choose to marry their original love interest, I do agree that even if you hit [FLIRT] once or twice, you should still be able to break up with that LI. I mean, I am married in real life and will sometimes Flirt harmlessly with guys. Not because I want them, but just because it's fun. But HARMLESS flirting. This game seems to think [FLIRT] = **** and it shouldn't.

But yeah, more interaction with our companions. Bioware, you want us to love/hate/etc our companions, you gotta give us more. And I'd like to do missions for ALL my crew not just the very first companion I'm with. I'd like to get to know my other companions better by doing missions too.

All of these things.

I would love to be able to walk up to my characters' LIs and just give them affection - hugs, kisses, 'hey, baby, let's go back to the bedroom for a bit', etc.

I would love for them to turn up in the character's quarters when they want love and affection.

I would like more letters - once a month, every couple of weeks, whatever.

I would like to know that Corso really meant it when he told my smuggler that he would love her and stand by her even if that meant that there were other men in her life, because, let's face it, there totally will be other men in her life.

I would like to see the opportunity to ask your LIs to marry you if you have previously turned them down in a non-relationship-ending sort of way (in an I-am-not-ready-for-this-kind-of-thing sort of way).

Sure, the agent and Vector had to keep their relationship secret

but after the end of Act III and whatever choice you made, it's could be you could choose to make it official, even if the only people who know are your crew and maybe Watcher/Keeper. I chose to erase my existence from the Imperial records, so only the old intelligence people and my crew (and her sisters in Legacy) know she exists. No one else does.

There is very little that is secret about my agent's relationship with Vector - her whole crew knows. It seems kind of silly to keep it 'secret' after the end of chapter three. (Unless you take one of the options where you are still in the system, I guess.)

I would go for more quests together.

With the ideas of companion emotes and more FTB's, let get some quality time with our significant others. We should get this especially with LI's without companion quests you can join.

I like a lot of what people here have said.

I'd like to have my trooper and Aric address the LONGEST ENGAGEMENT IN THE GALAXY!!! They're going to have to confront the fact that this war will likely continue through their lifetimes and "when the war is over" is not a good timeframe for getting married. I actually think this could be a really sweet scene cause they're going to have to come to grips with grasping what love they can within a really tough situation.

I'd also like to see the rest of the crew react to the relationship, good, bad or ugly.

I like the in-laws idea, think it has some interesting ways it could go. Not just meeting them, but this also opens up a slew of possibilities in terms of "my cousin has gotten kidnapped by pirates, I need to go help him" type stuff.

Along with that, visits to childhood locations. This could be cute or sad depending on what's happened, but delving into the LI's backstory more would be good.

They really need to sort out the relationship status issues though. Labeling conversation options as "starting relationship" or "ending relationship" would be a good start. If not that, then we need some better way of knowing when a flirt is just a flirt and when it's essentially an "I do forever, no matter how much I may come to dislike you". As it is, I'm half paranoid I'm either going to miss the crucial start of a relationship or I'm going to inadvertently tie myself to some character I was just joking with. In terms of story, most of these LIs are at least semi-decent people who would actually take no for an answer, so having them plow on when clearly there's no interest isn't particularly true to their characters.

One thing i really want to see is some more content involving Lord Scourge, he has mentioned how he misses having feelings and i'd like a way to see him being healed from what was done to him, redemption could also be an option considering he admitted learning more when he was with Revan and my jedi sentinel than when he was in the empire.

Also i would love to see Doc actually arranging a trip to one of these exclusive clubs he promised to take me to, also i'd like to take kira since i did decide to marry her.

Edited by BenjaminminU

Along with that, visits to childhood locations. This could be cute or sad depending on what's happened, but delving into the LI's backstory more would be good.

Oh, that is a wonderful idea :)

Lots of ideas I love here. More on-click interaction with LIs, if only custom romantic lines. Chances for maybe small random conversations about their background or their opinions on what it's like to be in love in this troubled galaxy.

I would like to see random conversation with my companions that I can initiate.. maybe an options wheel that I an open on a whim that allows me to say something or perhaps give a kiss to my romance option. It just seems odd to me that we can romance and even marry a companion but after that we never speak.

Minor spoilers for Corso's line:

I totally want to meet his ex-fiancee. I hope she sucks and I have an opportunity to be like "hahahah you suck got mine." I'd feel a lot less guilty about her if she turned out to be a total b.

I was also super disappointed I never heard anything from his cousin again. I hope she ends up coming around and you get to see her again, and maybe this time actually convince her to come with you and stop being a stupid drug dealer. Or maybe just slap her in the face, because she deserved it.

As a female Jedi Knight, I'd love to have a convo with Kira about my marriage to Doc. Considering she wants to throw him on a grenade and all.

Also, can we please get Zenith as a LI? He's so much more interesting than Iresso.

I'd like to see some type of proof that I can show other players that I romanced and married my LI. Maybe a title like:

Character name, wife of (insert companion spouse)

Character name, husband of (insert companion spouse)

Character name the Married

I love you too.

THIS

and maybe decreasing affection if you really ignore some crew for X PLAY time.

All of these things.

I would love to be able to walk up to my characters' LIs and just give them affection - hugs, kisses, 'hey, baby, let's go back to the bedroom for a bit', etc.

I would love for them to turn up in the character's quarters when they want love and affection.

I would like more letters - once a month, every couple of weeks, whatever.

I would like to know that Corso really meant it when he told my smuggler that he would love her and stand by her even if that meant that there were other men in her life, because, let's face it, there totally will be other men in her life.

I would like to see the opportunity to ask your LIs to marry you if you have previously turned them down in a non-relationship-ending sort of way (in an I-am-not-ready-for-this-kind-of-thing sort of way).

again, this this THIS

Again, like Ephemera and most other people with FemWars who romanced Quinn, closure of some sort in regards to the Incident.

Just more random things, heck even a hug or something from the other LIs would be nice, or even conversations with the other crew members who could be "WTH? You married WHO?!" kind of deal too.

Heck even one of the date night ideas would be nice.

Again, like Ephemera and most other people with FemWars who romanced Quinn, closure of some sort in regards to the Incident.

Just more random things, heck even a hug or something from the other LIs would be nice, or even conversations with the other crew members who could be "WTH? You married WHO?!" kind of deal too.

haha it would be funny

kaliyo : what the...*BLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

IA: hey, we agreed on this; you got the rich ones and i got the smart ones

lokin: so THATS why... and here i was hoping you were hiding some REAL secrets when you started acting differently

temple: *foreveralone.jpg*

scorpio: meh

omg this! I mean, I'm assuming the rest of the crew knows - it's not like the smuggler has to keep it a secret or whatever - but I'd really love to get a reaction from the rest of the crew. Especially since Risha and my fsmug girl talk all the time. Besides, she's the mechanic...I'm sure Risha has found Corso and Ayang making out all over the ship.

omg this! I mean, I'm assuming the rest of the crew knows - it's not like the smuggler has to keep it a secret or whatever - but I'd really love to get a reaction from the rest of the crew. Especially since Risha and my fsmug girl talk all the time. Besides, she's the mechanic...I'm sure Risha has found Corso and Ayang making out all over the ship.

i'd like to know for my agent... i mean lokin would get suspicious if the crew kept getting shooed off the ship, so i just figure it's easier for my toon to just take vector out on all her missions... some missions just don't involve shooting anyone and take place out in the wilderness or in a cantina suite :rak_03: but it would be MUCH easier to just not sneak around, and watch the other 4 comps fight for the extra crew bunk to store thier stuff

Edited by Crezelle

I'm not 100% sure - it was a few months ago - but I think the crew's reaction to my Warrior getting it on with Quinn was the first SWTOR fanfic I ever wrote. Vette, at least, would have some choice words on the topic. At least 60% of those words would be "Ew."

What would be interesting as a date night variation is having the LIs talk about where they've always wanted to visit (or revisit) and what they would love to do while they're there. Tell me about sailing out beyond the horizon on Manaan, until there's nothing but you and sea and sky. Tell me what you've heard about the hunt on Dantooine, or the swankiest resort on Nar Shaddaa, or the way one of the only undeveloped core worlds left is almost as bright at night as in daytime because of the overwhelming closeness of a thousand stars. Talk about your dreams. Suggest that we have a future beyond, you know, career and procreation.

Actually, come to think of it, I want more background on some of the LIs. Answers to some of the burning questions I've had since some of my characters have romanced them:

Do they have family?

What were they like as a kid?

Exes? And do I need to pound those into dust?

Why some of them chose the path they did/

The "little" things you get to find out about your prospective partners before you marry them, usually. I know that some of the LIs already explore that, like Kira but what about the ones that didn't.

i'd like your story choices to make an impact MORE than affection. like i want vector to aknowledge that my agent is just as sickeningly puppy sweet lightside as he is, while other's LI's finally have it and b*tch about all those choices you made even if they weren't there at the time that they really did not approve of.

i mean, really. the way things are, it doesn't make sense why some LIs fall in love with you if you make choices they are absolutely against, but you shower them with gifts. they rarely say anything on why they fell in love with you, and if they did, its extremely ambiguous.

Edited by Crezelle