clone wars S05E17

turnoverla-page

i liked this episode although not much action the csi feel and mystery made up for it, still know clue on Ashoka but the yellow light saber jedi where there as security so i guess they are specially trained security jedi

one thing i have noticed is that the space battles this season are less exciting then they used to be , even with the buzz droid scene.

but what do you think?

Edited by turnoverla-page

Was wondering why they said the separatists were attacking Cato Neimodia as the planet is a neimoidian purse world and a confederacy stronghold, guess it changed hands a few times during the war

The episode itself was ok, I think the most interesting thing in it would be the holo reconstruction of the explosion

Edited by SNCommand

What struck me was the ending when Anakin said:

"There are going to be Jedi that disappoint us Ashoka. But as long as we know there are good Jedi who fight for what's right, it makes it all worthwhile."

For one that means that when Anakin said those first words in the Finale Trailer he wasn't referring to Ashoka. And secondly reinforces what Barriss Offee says in that trailer too, about doing what must be done. It all seems to be subtly building up to Ashoka finding herself having to betray the Jedi & and Republic and maybe even the Jedi Code to 'do what's right'. I think Ashoka is going to discover something that forces hers to do something that makes her look like the 'bad guy' and tries to convince everyone that she is actually the 'good guy'.

But about this episode. I thought it was good. The space seen felt a little minimalistic, and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. But Cato Nemoidia looked really nice and the physics element, like in the last episode, was really effective. And yeah, although I'm ready for some more 'pew pew' big warfare at this point, I liked this suspenseful 'CSI' feel. The action was kinda dull though e.g. the chase scene.

And I'm still unsure about those guards. They seemed to be Jedi solely based on this episode. But the trailer makes them out to be something entirely different, they don't seem to have many ties to the Jedi, they don't where traditional Jedi robes, their lightsabers are an unusual colour, length and are wielded in an unusual way and altogether they seem very robotic and very different from the Jedi.

The episode was great and I think that's because of the art direction, dialogue, atmosphere, and plot. I like how the episode name dropped General Krell. Plus, its good that they finally included Cin Drallig in TCW.

It's looks like this episode could be renamed to ... *puts sunglasses on*... CSI Wars.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

yes that droid was awesome. He had the mannerisms and the voice pacing down PAT. Then you add his little sunglasses attachments and you could tell it was a clear homage to CSI: Miami. Awesome little details there.

The music in this episode was especially awesome. Really the last 2 episodes have had some amazing music. Lots of familiar themes with slight variations.

Was wondering why they said the separatists were attacking Cato Neimodia as the planet is a neimoidian purse world and a confederacy stronghold, guess it changed hands a few times during the war

The episode itself was ok, I think the most interesting thing in it would be the holo reconstruction of the explosion

No Cato Neimodia is officialy part of the republic as well the trade federation You see them in the senate.

But Nute rey and several within the trade federation sided with the confederacy.

No Cato Neimodia is officialy part of the republic as well the trade federation You see them in the senate.

But Nute rey and several within the trade federation sided with the confederacy.

Well, the planet along with most of the other neimodian worlds are firmly in separatist hands near the end of the war, think it's in the book Labyrinth of Evil that the Republic captures the planet and seizes Nute Gunrays's possessions

The other purse worlds also server as separatist holdouts after the end of the war

I also think that the Trade Federation did officially stay with the Republic in the start of the war, but were revealed to be backing the CIS heavily as the war progressed and were removed, the same happened with the Banking Clan

I also think that the Trade Federation did officially stay with the Republic in the start of the war, but were revealed to be backing the CIS heavily as the war progressed and were removed, the same happened with the Banking Clan

Yeah, I reckon this is the case. Most likely as the war slid in the Republic's favour the Separatists needed those worlds and couldn't afford to keep them aligned to the Separatists.

Or maybe the Separatists managed to rout those Republic forces and take the planet.

Yeah, I reckon this is the case. Most likely as the war slid in the Republic's favour the Separatists needed those worlds and couldn't afford to keep them aligned to the Separatists.

Or maybe the Separatists managed to rout those Republic forces and take the planet.

Personally I think the script was just messed up a little as it was clear that the Separatists had their ships in defensive positions while the Republic were the ones mounting an attack

children's show. they often rush these type of details. I'm just happy they try at all to stick to cannon.

Well, that was my initial assessment

About sticking to canon, I'm actually surprised they have taken as much consideration for the original EU as they have, especially considering the new post RotJ movies are about to nuke the whole EU placed at that timeline

Well, that was my initial assessment

About sticking to canon, I'm actually surprised they have taken as much consideration for the original EU as they have, especially considering the new post RotJ movies are about to nuke the whole EU placed at that timeline

I wonder if Karen Travis wants to put her foot in her mouth now that she has seen the outcome of the Mandalore arc. Dave Filoni has proven how much of a fan he is by not trampling all over the EU. He and the entire studio have really helped to fill in a lot of the gaps and retcon information that has made the entire franchise more solid.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well Dave, you have given us trillions of volumes of lore to this great series, and Karen Travis, while she may not admit it was probably pretty impressed how you handled her material.

THANK YOU.

Edited by Darth__Carnal